Do you agree: Stop demonizing citizens says Sen. Cornyn (R)

The town hall meetings people are really nothing but an unruly mob disrespectful of free speech and underserving serious attention---except to be bitch slapped.

Much of the following is calling the tea party folks 'organized mobs'. Then they say that the administration is sending out not only talking points/marching orders, but also the AFL-CIO to 'engage' those that are responding to the town halls. :doubt:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLNX8l0uBTw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Much of the following is calling the tea party folks 'organized mobs'. Then they say that the administration is sending out not only talking points/marching orders, but also the AFL-CIO to 'engage' those that are responding to the town halls. :doubt:

YouTube - Violence Flares At Town Hall Meetings Health Care Reform

Cable TV media is lazy. They hire immature morons who surf the internet(s) in plce of doing hard research. relying on cable shows for news is like relying on a med student for expert medical advice on an issue of life or death---I think people who do so are crazy.

When I step away from the internet and cable news and talk radio I find other sources that are sane, rational and thoughtful.

when I protested the Iraq war and the Neoconservatives demonized people like myself.

So you organized thousands of people, and used them to invade a Republican Town Hall meeting, shouting down the politician involved? Funny I never heard about that.

Seems to me like all the major anti-iraq-war demonstrations were kept out of major events.

That being said, I think the people who did try to squelch open debate, like "code pink", were being just as ridiculous and irresponsible.

Last edited:
If protesters have a right to yell and scream and shout down opponents at public meetings, then why wouldn't everyone else have the right to say what idiots they think they are and how destructive and non-productive their actions are?

If someone says Obama is a foreign-born, muslim, communist terrorist are they demonizing him? Or expressing free speech rights?
So if someone says town hall disrupters are jack-booted Nazis are they demonizing these folks or are THEY exercising their rights of political expression?

It goes BOTH ways.

Demonizing opponents as enemies and more is a tactic the right wing within the GOP has been engaging in for decades.

I remember whne Ted Kennedy asked "Where's George?" in regards GHWB during the 1998 campaign, a GOP Congressman went on television and said "I'll tell Kennedy Where George is. HE's home sober with his wife"

now love or hate Ted, what the fuck has that got to do with politics or policy?

If protesters have a right to yell and scream and shout down opponents at public meetings, then why wouldn't everyone else have the right to say what idiots they think they are and how destructive and non-productive their actions are?

If someone says Obama is a foreign-born, muslim, communist terrorist are they demonizing him? Or expressing free speech rights?
So if someone says town hall disrupters are jack-booted Nazis are they demonizing these folks or are THEY exercising their rights of political expression?

It goes BOTH ways.

Both are doing both. "Demonizing" somebody is not illegal. Stupid, yes. Irresponsible, yes. Distasteful, yes. But we have a lot of rights in this country. One of them is the right to be irresponsibly and distastefully stupid if we want to be, as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. The problem is the worst of these protesters are doing just that when they disrupt the meetings themselves. IMO, refusing to follow the rules of the forum takes it beyond speech and into conduct - which is not protected.

It goes BOTH ways.

Both are doing both. "Demonizing" somebody is not illegal. Stupid, yes. Irresponsible, yes. Distasteful, yes. But we have a lot of rights in this country. One of them is the right to be irresponsibly and distastefully stupid if we want to be, as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. The problem is the worst of these protesters are doing just that when they disrupt the meetings themselves. IMO, refusing to follow the rules of the forum takes it beyond speech and into conduct - which is not protected.

right on. right on!

Don't get me wrong, I support anybody's right to protest whether I support their POV or not. I think it's healthy to ask tough questions of our representatives and to express dissent. But if you want to scream epithets, shout slogans or wave signs, I don't care who you are - take it outside. Let the people who are actually there to participate have their say according to the rules of the forum.

I think it's very serious when the SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES--3rd in line to be POTUS refers to average--everyday--law abiding--taxpaying citizens--as white extremists carrying swastika's-non grass roots they are astroturf. She has thrown every single insult & lie toward American citizens.

It's obvious that these town hall meetings are packed with democrats--independents & republicans that are very concerned about a government health care takeover.

As far as the yelling & continual interruptions? Whose fault is that? If this congress & administration would have involved the American public in town halls prior to them throwing a beaurcratic 1017 page messat them--without reading it first--& them without being able to answer the gritty details of this plan such as:-(what's it going to cost & who exactly is going to pay for it & exactly what type of health care are you talking about) which to-date they have not done then-they only have themselves to blame for the outrage.

AMERICANS DO NOT WANT A GOVERNMENT TAKE OVER OF HEALTH CARE PERIOD. The polls are showing that. Government needs to start examining the health care of other countries like Switzerland to see how they have accomplished quality health care for all--that is operated by private sector medical insurance companies. Because at this moment that is the only thing that Americans will accept.

Last edited:
I think it's very serious when the SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES--3rd in line to be POTUS refers to average--everyday--law abiding--taxpaying citizens--as white extremists carrying swastika's-non grass roots they are astroturf. She has thrown every single insult & lie toward American citizens.

It's obvious that these town hall meetings are packed with democrats--independents & republicans that are very concerned about a government health care takeover.

As far as the yelling & continual interuptions? Whose fault is that? If this congress & administration would have involved the American public in town halls prior to them throwing a beaurcratic 1017 page mess at them--without reading it first--& them without being able to answer the gritty details of this plan--they only have themselves to blame for the outrage.

She is well representing her constituency, they are way to the left of center. Now Reid, he has a problem.

There are many questions and concerns that need to be discussed about the healthcare proposal.

Shouting down other people, screaming, name calling and providing falsehoods is not constructive protest. It is a sign of ignorance.

All sides must talk with each other not over each other.

I am amazed how many ill informed people there are on the issue. Where is the disinformation coming from.

There are many questions and concerns that need to be discussed about the healthcare proposal.

That's what people are doing idiot.

Shouting down other people, screaming, name calling and providing falsehoods is not constructive protest. It is a sign of ignorance.

Well I guess you just insulted all your leftist brothers who have been foaming at the mouth since the degenerate 60's then huh? You're a hypocrite, and everyone here can see that.

Translation of ElmerBlowMudd bullcrap? = Shut up like a good little sheople, and don't question Master Obama.

I am amazed how many ill informed people there are on the issue. Where is the disinformation coming from.

I think they all are amazed at you BlowMudd. Your pathetic attempt to be realistic that is. It's clear that you're full of bullcrap. ~BH

Both are doing both. "Demonizing" somebody is not illegal. Stupid, yes. Irresponsible, yes. Distasteful, yes. But we have a lot of rights in this country. One of them is the right to be irresponsibly and distastefully stupid if we want to be, as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

Man are YOU on a roll or what?!?!?
:clap2:

YouTube - Violence Flares At Town Hall Meetings Health Care Reform

Cable TV media is lazy. They hire immature morons who surf the internet(s) in plce of doing hard research. relying on cable shows for news is like relying on a med student for expert medical advice on an issue of life or death---I think people who do so are crazy.

When I step away from the internet and cable news and talk radio I find other sources that are sane, rational and thoughtful.

Where does your expertise lie?

That's what people are doing idiot.

Well I guess you just insulted all your leftist brothers who have been foaming at the mouth since the degenerate 60's then huh? You're a hypocrite, and everyone here can see that.

Translation of ElmerBlowMudd bullcrap? = Shut up like a good little sheople, and don't question Master Obama.

I think they all are amazed at you BlowMudd. Your pathetic attempt to be realistic that is. It's clear that you're full of bullcrap. ~BH

What everyone can see is that you can't debate issues, you only call names. And what everyone can see is how much better Elmer discusses issues than you do.

Forum List

Back