Think Progress; MSNBC 'Manufactured' a Story with Putative Smoking Gun 'Mob' Memo

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Think Progress; MSNBC 'Manufactured' a Story with Putative Smoking Gun 'Mob' Memo

When the "manufactured" outrage the Left is trying to demonize lines up so inconveniently with public polling, it's sometimes necessary to create evidence for the "manufactured" storyline.

Enter Think Progress, which unearthed this shocking, secret memo from the leader of a small grassroots conservative organization in Connecticut, which allegedly instructs members on "infiltrating town halls and harassing Democratic members of Congress."

Right Principles PAC was formed by Bob MacGuffie and four friends in 2008, and has taken in a whopping $5,017 and disbursed $1,777, according to its FEC filing.

"We're just trying to shake this state up and make a difference up here," MacGuffie told me during a telephone interview. He's surprised at his elevation to national rabble-rouser by the Left.

Right Principles has a Facebook group with 23 members and a Twitter account with five followers

The Weekly Standard

Yeah it is ridiculous. This guy e-mails a few friends and now it's a national movement. Ever heard of ACORN you libs.????

I posted my theory that this memo outcry was manufactured a couple days ago.

I watched the video...looked like a textbook example of the exercise of the First Amendment to me.

Nope... textbook example of following the instructions given to the wingers that we were talking about in this thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/83796-gop-strategy-disrupted-dem-town-hall-meetings.html

If that's not the First Amendment in action, I'll eat my hat.

As for the other thread, not only has it been shot full of holes...likely as not Think Progress put it out there so they could try to disguise and spin the fact Americans don't want Government run health-care and are making their voices heard.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...wn-sebelius-and-specter-at-2.html#post1392225

Last edited:
I think it's all a big lie. Everybody knows that there aren't but one, maybe two, conservatives in the whole state of Connecticut. You would think a big organization like MSNBC would be smart enough to know that and come up with a better lie.

wow, i guess i should add this group to my facebook
dont want to miss those "marching orders" now would i

:lol:

CaféAuLait;1400116 said:

When the "manufactured" outrage the Left is trying to demonize lines up so inconveniently with public polling, it's sometimes necessary to create evidence for the "manufactured" storyline.

Enter Think Progress, which unearthed this shocking, secret memo from the leader of a small grassroots conservative organization in Connecticut, which allegedly instructs members on "infiltrating town halls and harassing Democratic members of Congress."

Right Principles PAC was formed by Bob MacGuffie and four friends in 2008, and has taken in a whopping $5,017 and disbursed $1,777, according to its FEC filing.

"We're just trying to shake this state up and make a difference up here," MacGuffie told me during a telephone interview. He's surprised at his elevation to national rabble-rouser by the Left.

Right Principles has a Facebook group with 23 members and a Twitter account with five followers

The Weekly Standard

So typical of the GOP disinformation machine to pretend this one group is the only GOP group behind the CON$ervative thugs. They pretend Freedomworks and Americans for Progress are not involved.

How Come CBS Journalists Can’t Recognize Paid Lobbyists When They See Them?

By: Jane Hamsher Tuesday August 4, 2009 9:34 am

If you got your information from the CBS News last night, you would believe that "angry protesters" are cropping up "everywhere Democrats are trying to defend health care reform." "Conservative websites" like Freedomworks are recruiting them, based on "real fear over the increased taxes" and "government control" of the health care system.
Max Pappas from Freedomworks shows up to speak on their behalf.
Freedomworks isn't some "organic grassroots" outfit. It's run by former Republican House Majority Leader Dick Armey -- corporate lobbyist, global warming denier and ladie's man. The President and CEO of Freedomworks is Matt Kibbee, who was trained by Lee Atwater. Kibbe was behind the attempt to get Ralph Nader put on the ballot in Oregon in 2004, prompting a complaint to the FEC of illegal collusion with the GOP.
Steve Forbes is on the FreedomWorks board. As Paul Krugman noted, their money comes from the Koch, Scaife, Bradley, Olin nexus, as well as other reliable funders of right wing infrastructure including Exxon Mobil.
Freedomworks has a long history of skunk works. In 2004, a woman who identified herself as a "single mother" in Iowa, Sandra Jacques, appeared at a George Bush town hall and gushed about his plan to privatize Social Security. She left out the part about being an employee of Freedomworks, who were lobbying on the issue at the time.
David Koch is also Chairman of the other major outfit heavily involved in these "organic" uprisings, Americans for Prosperity, whose members lynched Democrat Frank Kratovil in effigy. Koch is the 19th richest man in the world. They recently renamed the New York State Theater in Lincoln Center the David H. Koch Theater.
These aren't just some organizations that these guys gave money to. They run them.
This extreme violent behavior is being organized and funded by those at the highest levels of the conservative infrastructure. It's not some sideline, some quirky hobby. It is the function and purpose of these organizations to threaten and intimidate elected officials in order to subvert the will of the electorate to a corporate agenda.

From the article:

The block quote Think Progress provides from MacGuffie's memo (dutifully reproduced on other liberal blogs) also implies there are sentiments in the memo that simply aren't there. Each of TP's examples of the "harassment" MacGuffie is inciting is preceded by a headline MacGuffie didn't write, which lends a considerably more sinister tone than MacGuffie used. The bolded headlines below do not appear in the memo, but do appear in Think Progress' block quote of it:

– Artificially Inflate Your Numbers: “Spread out in the hall and try to be in the front half. The objective is to put the Rep on the defensive with your questions and follow-up...
– Be Disruptive Early And Often: “You need to rock-the-boat early in the Rep’s presentation, Watch for an opportunity to yell out and challenge the Rep’s statements early.”
– Try To “Rattle Him,” Not Have An Intelligent Debate: “The goal is to rattle him, get him off his prepared script and agenda. If he says something outrageous, stand up and shout out and sit right back down...
The attempt to paint him as a professional, funded operative is off-base, MacGuffie said, laughing.

"I guess they don't believe that people in America will stand up and fight back when government gets overbearing," said MacGuffie, who added that he originally e-mailed the memo to 8-10 Connecticut activists in June.​

Dive, looks like you'll be luck number 11 on MacGuffie's contact list. :lol:

lol, i love it, one guy and 5,000 bucks can disrupt the entire dnc? shit i got 5k lying around...hmmm

lol, i love it, one guy and 5,000 bucks can disrupt the entire dnc? shit i got 5k lying around...hmmm

That is actually a really good thing. I must admit that it's nice to see that even the small guy can still get something started.

The Weekly Standard, editor in chief William Kristol, the brainchild behind PNAC and the repackaged The Foreign Policy Initiative, both formerly The Project for the Republican Future. Yeah, I listen to that one on anything. :popcorn:

The Weekly Standard, editor in chief William Kristol, the brainchild behind PNAC and the repackaged The Foreign Policy Initiative, both formerly The Project for the Republican Future. Yeah, I listen to that one on anything. :popcorn:
since they exposed your mind controlers too well
LOL
you just keep proving yourself a moron

Forum List

Back