CDZ Do we need a new Branch of Government to investigate the others?

No, the last thing we need is a 4th branch of government that would be just as likely to be corrupted as the other three. Restore the original design of the government which is 3 fully independent branches that work to keep the others "in check". Step one is break the conjoined Executive-Judicial branch apart that is destabilizing our country. You do that by kicking out Liberal leaders like Lynch and replacing them with moderates that are NOT career politicians.

How is replacing Liberal elected leaders with moderate citizen politicians going to allow for restoration of original governmental design?

I understand the value in separating both the Executive and the Judicial powers, especially in recognizing elected leaders, but the question didn't pertain to a fourth branch, and only to a new branch.

You seem to be suggesting that there should be a new branch out of the three branches that already exist and should thus be kept, but you do not clarify which of those three branches it would be, apparently by using those powers you are proposing to have separate, but not truly separating them yourself (as the original design of government would be).

The question is not just in defense of the suggested national destabilization by the inappropriate conjunction of "Executive-Judicial branch" present in Lynch's behavior. I am actually genuinely curious about your perspective on citizen politicians and citizen politics in contrast to official politicians and official politics to promote and restore a cohesive national government.

Last edited:
No. The solution to Too Much & Corrupt Government is Less Government.

Get rid of the unelected 4th branch of Public Union Career Bureaucrats for a start. Cut spending to bare Constitutional essentials. Less Money will attract Less Rats.

I like the less government idea......but that still doesn't stop them from exploiting the Department of Justice by putting loyalists in there.....imagine if the Republicans had closed ranks around Nixon instead of allowing him to be removed........he would have finished his term...the democrats learned that lesson well...especially hilary who actually worked on Watergate....

That is exactly true. The GOP obviously could have closed ranks and protected Nixon. They chose not to. Now , I do believe that today's GOP would do the same as the Dems are doing with Clinton, just the nature of politics today.
The GOP usually forms a circular firing squard when one of its members gets in trouble.

LOL. At least they shoot back. I watched the House hearings with Comey. Every single on of the Dem Critters changed the entire subject. Spent 90 minutes of their time talking about BLM and demagoguing to give Comey a break. It was disgusting. Not because of the topic of the meeting. Just the slight of hand and deflection and obvious partisan defense that was being played.

No, the last thing we need is a 4th branch of government that would be just as likely to be corrupted as the other three. Restore the original design of the government which is 3 fully independent branches that work to keep the others "in check". Step one is break the conjoined Executive-Judicial branch apart that is destabilizing our country. You do that by kicking out Liberal leaders like Lynch and replacing them with moderates that are NOT career politicians.

How is replacing Liberal elected leaders with moderate citizen politicians going to allow for restoration of original governmental design?

I understand the value in separating both the Executive and the Judicial powers, especially in recognizing elected leaders, but the question didn't pertain to a fourth branch, and only to a new branch.

You seem to be suggesting that there should be a new branch out of the three branches that already exist and should thus be kept, but you do not clarify which of those three branches it would be, apparently by using those powers you are proposing to have separate, but not truly separating them yourself (as the original design of government would be).

The question is not just in defense of the suggested national destabilization by the inappropriate conjunction of "Executive-Judicial branch" present in Lynch's behavior. I am actually genuinely curious about your perspective on citizen politicians and citizen politics in contrast to official politicians and official politics to promote and restore a cohesive national government.

I think if you replace "citizen legislators" with "independent thinking public servants" or true Independents, those comments make more sense. Politicians are harmed by the parties today. THey are gagged and bullied into NOT speaking out when abuses happen. Forced to actively DEFEND the indefensible. Because if they don't -- their "career" will end at their next primary.

So -- there's no where to go. No way to get their HONEST opinion,. Because of the power the parties exert over them. That's why 4 years of a "mediation team" like Johnson/Weld would break up some of gagging and allow Dem/Reps an option to align with "moderates" or Independents.

The party tyranny HAS to be humbled and broken before ANYONE in govt gets fired or legally tried or disciplined.

I think if you replace "citizen legislators" with "independent thinking public servants" or true Independents, those comments make more sense. Politicians are harmed by the parties today. THey are gagged and bullied into NOT speaking out when abuses happen. Forced to actively DEFEND the indefensible. Because if they don't -- their "career" will end at their next primary.

So -- there's no where to go. No way to get their HONEST opinion,. Because of the power the parties exert over them. That's why 4 years of a "mediation team" like Johnson/Weld would break up some of gagging and allow Dem/Reps an option to align with "moderates" or Independents.

The party tyranny HAS to be humbled and broken before ANYONE in govt gets fired or legally tried or disciplined.

You're right about that. For example, there is no way every Democrat in Congress actually believes that Hillary isn't guilty of crimes. But as you say if any of them dared to say that, suddenly when they needed help fund raising in the next election cycle , they'd be out in the cold and they know that, so they defend the indefensible.

I don't think the comments lacked any sense.

Parties are impersonal agencies, historical infra-structure that supports government and politics, and therefore cannot bully nor gag individual politicians.

I do find the idea of aligning parties by Independent or moderate mediation pertinent for the knowing electorate, however, but that mediation can't be extradited to yet another alternative agency and must be the direct responsibility of the listening public of citizens.

Sure...but do it after Trump is in 4 years...because if hilary gets in...Libertarianism is just a small, faculty room philosophy that will have no bearing on anything to do with our country.......hilary will move in illegal aliens and make them citizens..do you think they will embrace libertarianism....or the refugees from the middle east...do you think they will vote libertarian....and do you think the 4-5 supreme court justices she may appoint will uphold libertarian principals in their decisions for the next 50 years?

Sure...but do it after Trump is in 4 years...because if hilary gets in...Libertarianism is just a small, faculty room philosophy that will have no bearing on anything to do with our country.......hilary will move in illegal aliens and make them citizens..do you think they will embrace libertarianism....or the refugees from the middle east...do you think they will vote libertarian....and do you think the 4-5 supreme court justices she may appoint will uphold libertarian principals in their decisions for the next 50 years?

Clock is ticking. Fix it now..

The only way to "fix" it is to start educating Americans correctly. You've been posting here for how long? I think you're aware of just how stupid people are.

The only way to "fix" it is to start educating Americans correctly. You've been posting here for how long? I think you're aware of just how stupid people are.

Then we have to break up the democrat control of the education system......

Man, it is NOT just Democrats who are stupid. There are lots of stupid Republicans as well. No one who pretends otherwise is advancing the subject.

Again...if hilary gets in.....Libertarianism is gone forever. It will just be a cooky belief system with no relevance to the massive bureaucratic state created by the all powerful democrat party.....

Man, it is NOT just Democrats who are stupid. There are lots of stupid Republicans as well. No one who pretends otherwise is advancing the subject.

I don't disagree......if there were smart Republicans then obama would never have been elected.......they would have been able to defeat the dumb democrats....

Not gonna happen with cross blaming, corruption and union influence. WE need an intervention. Not more arrogant self-promoting partisan shills.

Don't know how much more damage and decline it will take to wake folks up. .This duopoly --- dead set on killing each other just to maintain POWER -- has got to be put on ice. Gonna get worse REGARDLESS of which ClinTrump gets elected.

Not gonna happen with cross blaming, corruption and union influence. WE need an intervention. Not more arrogant self-promoting partisan shills.

Don't know how much more damage and decline it will take to wake folks up. .This duopoly --- dead set on killing each other just to maintain POWER -- has got to be put on ice. Gonna get worse REGARDLESS of which ClinTrump gets elected.

Honestly , just outlawing lobbyists would be a great first step.

I don't disagree......if there were smart Republicans then obama would never have been elected.......they would have been able to defeat the dumb democrats....

Defeat with WHAT? John McCain. Another entitled to power? Keep it up. A couple more cycles of this and we'll be living in Idiocracy land.

Another great step would be sending Congress home.

The internet would allow them to conduct all their votes and debates online, while they themselves were in their home states , answering to their constituents directly on a daily basis.

One thing folks don't realize is that MOST corporations don't WANT to lobby. They HAVE to lobby. Because the Govt has taken the power to reward or boost their competitors. It's Defense. Not Offense. Clearly it's the process of politicians handing out subsidies and picking winners/losers in the market place that is the CAUSE. Not really the lobbyists. The lobbyists are a symptom of the disease.

One thing folks don't realize is that MOST corporations don't WANT to lobby. They HAVE to lobby. Because the Govt has taken the power to reward or boost their competitors. It's Defense. Not Offense. Clearly it's the process of politicians handing out subsidies and picking winners/losers in the market place that is the CAUSE. Not really the lobbyists. The lobbyists are a symptom of the disease.

Of course that's true. But making lobbyists illegal would have the same net effect. Take away some of the goodies these asshole politicians get .

if hilary wins.......Libertarianism is dead. The state will be so large, the uneducated voters from Mexico and the middle east will be in so many states.......voting democrat, and the Supreme Court will rule against freedom for the next 50 years...that there will be no one left to support the lone, Libertarian hold outs......

I don't know about that. But here is what I would propose.

A federal/private agency that has complete authority to investigate and prosecute ANY government employee, current or former with all agencies required by law to cooperate with them fully.

Not a full branch of the government, but a permanent and completely independent agency that has complete authority to use any resources available to the USG to complete its task.

How would it be populated?...obviously with the President's power to appoint officials at the Department of Justice our current system has a huge weakness.........

That is up to the voters to decide.

If the voters decide that the Executive office is not living up to its responsibilities- voters can- and do vote- in the other Party.

And yes- Congress can take action.

Congress has acted before- but the GOP Congress knows that it would look just like it is- purely political.

Forum List

Back