CDZ Why do some people feel threatened by Gay marriage & equality for Gays

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
I suspect that there might be a few answers.

Perhaps its a hangover from a previous age where homosexuality was illegal and frowned upon ?

Possibly due to ignorance.

Possibly due to their religious teachings.

Maybe something in their own psyche that drives it.

My own view is quite simplistic. Its none of my business who people want to shag. And it doesnt affect me in any way if two people of the same sex want to get hitched. Good luck to them, we need more love in the world.

I would suggest that my view is a conservative one and is shared by the majority of decent conservatives.

In our lifetime homosexual activity could get you arrested, and it still could in some of the more backward countries of the world. Do you want to see us make common cause with the likes of Saudi Arabia ?

Who says they feel threatened? If you believe in traditional marriage, like all major Democrats did a couple of years ago, that doesn't translate into feeling threatened. That's just a cheap shot to try to bully people into agreement with you.

Who says they feel threatened? If you believe in traditional marriage, like all major Democrats did a couple of years ago, that doesn't translate into feeling threatened. That's just a cheap shot to try to bully people into agreement with you.

I think its a reasonable assumption when you see the amount of bile being expended in some quarters.

I think its a reasonable assumption when you see the amount of bile being expended in some quarters.
Many Muslims feel threatened and murder gays...but you don't seem concerned about it.

Why?

That's a deflection not a response.

Because it was invented by hetero sexuals; for hetero sexuals. Nothing has prevented homos from inventing their own types of unions.

Who feels threatened? What's with the faux victim crap? Well unless you are on a roof top and gay and being tossed off by a Clinton donor.

Many Muslims feel threatened and murder gays...but you don't seem concerned about it.

Why?
I havent specified any particular religion or grouping.

The Limey does that all the time.
Stay on topic.

TIC People need to hate someone, Blacks, Mexicans, Gays, Trans, Liberals, Hillary, Obama, media, add you own group or person. For some it is rooted in fear that there is something inherently wrong with the person or group, for others it validates their unique goodness, for others they are like the threatened child who says they hate you. Racial hatred is fascinating as it is simply skin color and yet that diminishes their own wholeness or whiteness. Affirmative Action challenged the status quo and thus introduced a characteristic that served two purposes, one, someone you could look down on, and two, someone trying to take your position in society. As you move up in Class in America you find less hatred of gays or race as these people are already privileged and your wanting rights or privilege doesn't challenge them. Of course I could be wrong here, and someone can correct me.

know what really causes homosexuality....
Is homosexuality a choice, a mental illness or something simply inherent?

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance." Eric Hoffer

The Limey does that all the time.
Stay on topic.
Try this on for size. Why is it OK to supposedly be born homosexual but not OK to be born into thinking heterosexuality is the natural purpose for genders?

It isn't reasonable. I don't like Broccoli. In fact I hate it. I don't skirt the produce isle in fear of broccoli. The mantra of " hate = fear" is a fallacious attempt at self empowerment, for those who can't cope with others not liking them...

TIC People need to hate someone, Blacks, Mexicans, Gays, Trans, Liberals, Hillary, Obama, media, add you own group or person. For some it is rooted in fear that there is something inherently wrong with the person or group, for others it validates their unique goodness, for others they are like the threatened child who says they hate you. Racial hatred is fascinating as it is simply skin color and yet that diminishes their own wholeness or whiteness. Affirmative Action challenged the status quo and thus introduced a characteristic that served two purposes, one, someone you could look down on, and two, someone trying to take your position in society. As you move up in Class in America you find less hatred of gays or race as these people are already privileged and your wanting rights or privilege doesn't challenge them. Of course I could be wrong here, and someone can correct me.

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance." Eric Hoffer
You forgot to prove how disagreement with you is hatred. You need to build the foundation first before erecting your tower. Without a foundation the tower simply flops over as useless jargon.

Wrong. People don't "hate black people" for the color of their skin. They hate them for their behavior. The skin color is just an indicator of what one can likely expect. Much like a label on a bottle.

Since we're not seeing much in the way of straight (no pun intended) answers, let's try this:

Let's assume that people against gay marriage are so, because they feel it would be bad for America.

If so, why would it be bad for America, precisely?
That's an assumption on your part and ties right in with the other intolerant leftists' opinions here. Liberals argument from an intellectually dishonest position, hoping that their assumptions become fact if repeated often enough.

The objection to gay marriage may or may not be based on personal morals, ethics or religion. It may be based on the fact that cultures have defined themselves throughout man's history.

Male/female marriages have been the definition for marriage throughout recorded history, regardless of culture, religion, ethnicity or secularism. We are told now that it was due to homophobia or hate. But how can this be? All these people so full of hate and intolerance for all this time?

That's a steep hurdle. What makes much more sense is the simple answer that humans have recognized the special relationship between the male and females genders. What it's for, why it exist and its' importance to the animal kingdom in general. Like how little bunnies are made.

Somehow that's lost on today's progressive. They act like suddenly mankind can see clearly for the first time in his history and we needed them to show us the way.
But in reality they are forcing their amoral relativism onto the masses through the heavy hands of government. Once a society is no longer free to define itself we are subjects of the state, not citizens in a free country.

So for me the issue isn't who's marrying who, it's who has the final say so. Citizens or the state.

I suspect that there might be a few answers.

Perhaps its a hangover from a previous age where homosexuality was illegal and frowned upon ?

Possibly due to ignorance.

Possibly due to their religious teachings.

Maybe something in their own psyche that drives it.

My own view is quite simplistic. Its none of my business who people want to shag. And it doesnt affect me in any way if two people of the same sex want to get hitched. Good luck to them, we need more love in the world.

I would suggest that my view is a conservative one and is shared by the majority of decent conservatives.

In our lifetime homosexual activity could get you arrested, and it still could in some of the more backward countries of the world. Do you want to see us make common cause with the likes of Saudi Arabia ?
Ok only like one guy I know of actually got aressted for homosexuality. And that wasn't even about him being gay. A jealous lover called in a fake robbery to catch him with another guy and the guy was acting belligerent and the cops wanted to charge him with anything they could find.

Secondly this op is a loaded post. But to answer you're question since you can't seem make the giant leap of trying to understand and empathize yourself. They view marriage as a holy sacrament between them and God, and they don't want to see that turn into a mockery in front of God, so they turned to the government to force their way upon other people. Which is bad...but let's not pretend the other side does not wish to use the government in the same way. People against gay marriage are absolutely entitled to their own beliefs, they shouldn't be using government to get their way.

Thirdly, do you think Hillary is some mighty fortress for gay rights?? After all as a senator she did say that Heterosexual marriage is a fundamental pillar in America and should be protected as much as possible. And yes Saudia Arabia is one of the worst countries when it comes to human rights across almost all spectrums, so why do we keep supporting politicians who butter up to them for their donations?!?!? This includes Hillary, Obama, the Bush's and pretty much 80% of senate and congress.

Lastly, the Supreme Court ruled that gay marriage should be left to the states to decide back in 2012 or whenever that was. They then went against that ruling a mere 2 years later and said states have no say in the matter. There is no other way to look at their rulings and say they are not an activist Supreme Court, why is that bad. Because 9 unelected officials should have no place in acting on what their personal beliefs are. Let's imagine by some miracle October surprise, trump and hackers comes out with some really damning evidence on Clinton and trump wins. Now trump nominates judges who will be more supportive of his fascistic policies...do you really want the people in the Supreme Court to have the type of power to sway us into fascistic rule, much like they gave themselves the power in the most recent gay marriage ruling??

The problem is that you lefties think you get to decide who is anti-gay and what is homophobic speech.

For instance, a baker who due to his first amendment right to practice religion, cannot participate in a gay wedding, you label it as homophobia. It is not. They are not threatened, nor do they feel threatened.

Forum List

Back