Do the GOP candidates, particularly Trump, have the cross over appeal they need

Most of the dems I talk to like Trump a hell of a lot more than they like Hillary.

But my friends are mostly blue collar working stiffs...the high brow liberal elites probably love Hillary.

My friends are all highly educated. Most are Republicans.

None - zero, zip, nada - have said they would support Trump.

Canadians can't vote Trump, eh

Mitt was moderate milktoast

as vanilla as a rep can be

and he lost

so the whole grabbing the middle is bullshit.

so how's about we look at the most upright pol that sticks to his beliefs and doesn't tell me what I want to hear for my vote?

that would be refreshing.
Can't win without the center as MR found out. The far right by itself cannot carry an election.
Are you trying to say that mitt was a far right pol, right after I told you that he was moderate milktoast? he carried the middle, conservatives voted for him b/c he wasn't obama, those that voted, that is.
No, he did not carry the middle, or he would have been elected. Are you trying to say he did not attract the conservatives, because he sure did.

Nope, 4 million conservatives didn't vote. Those 4 million and maybe another 4 million will sit this one out too if the R's trot out a christite, bush, kasich.

and he lost

so how's about we look at the most upright pol that sticks to his beliefs and doesn't tell me what I want to hear for my vote?

Can't win without the center as MR found out. The far right by itself cannot carry an election.
Are you trying to say that mitt was a far right pol, right after I told you that he was moderate milktoast? he carried the middle, conservatives voted for him b/c he wasn't obama, those that voted, that is.
No, he did not carry the middle, or he would have been elected. Are you trying to say he did not attract the conservatives, because he sure did.

Nope, 4 million conservatives didn't vote. Those 4 million and maybe another 4 million will sit this one out too if the R's trot out a christite, bush, kasich.

How do you know that 4 million conservatives did not vote? That seems at best a highly superficial interpretation of real data.

Most of the dems I talk to like Trump a hell of a lot more than they like Hillary.

But my friends are mostly blue collar working stiffs...the high brow liberal elites probably love Hillary.

I don't think Ted Cruz will be voting for The Donald.

Nearly four years ago, the point was made that, "
WASHINGTON (AP) — The top two contenders for the Republican presidential nomination are accusing each other of benefiting from the support of crossover Democratic voters in states that allow anyone to participate in a party primary. // And both are correct. Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum have each worked to woo independent voters and conservative Democrats during campaign appearances. While it may be anathema to their hard-core GOP supporters, it's an acknowledgement of the kind of crossover appeal that any GOP nominee will need in November if he's to defeat President Barack Obama.
SPIN METER: GOP candidates hype crossover appeal

We know that Donald is not nearly as popular as was Mitt with the cross overs, and Mitt got his head handed to him. In fact, Donald has the least cross over appeal than his GOP rivals. Trump has the least cross-over appeal | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum Toro has already shown this and nothing disputes it.

Trump's campaign is designed to split middle class voters by enacting better trade agreements that protect American workers and by eliminating the income tax for anyone making below 50K a year. In many states republican candidates only lose by a few percentage points which means Trump could win big blue states such as New York.

I don't think Ted Cruz will be voting for The Donald.
maxresdefault.jpg

We're for Trump, eh

and he lost

I know I will sit out, again.

Forum List

Back