Do left wingers believe most Republicans hate America?

The point is I said I believe America is vibrant, diverse and awesome and you're trying to drag me into a weird argument I don't care about.

Absolutely, there are shitty liberals just like there are shitty conservatives. The difference is a liberal is trying to give and a conservative is trying to take away.

I on the other hand believe that America is in danger of LOSING the very thing that made it awesome! This whole concept of "fairness" is a smokescreen for those who believe that a country of mediocre people all muddling along at the same level is more desirable than one where opportunity exists for the mediocre to become the exceptional.

I don't understand how equality is a bad thing? The concept of it is that the best person irregardless of their sex, race, religion, sexuality or creed will get the opportunity instead of just white christian men. There still is exceptionalism and opportunity, the difference is that now everyone has a fair crack at it which makes us stronger as a nation and as a people.

But the reality is that it ISN'T the "best" person getting the opportunity because progressive political correctness now dictates that if one person succeeds...they must be taking advantage of someone else...so that "best" person needs to be given a handicap. They must support the people who aren't the best...the people who basically SUCK.

Both sides say the other hates America. I doubt either side truly believes that though. I find the most reactionary party is the one that isn't in power. Saying the other side hates America is nothing more than reactionary BS, and both sides are guilty of it.

EDIT: I'd like to add that one of the first posts in this topic was a conservative saying liberals hate America. But keep believing it's all liberals.

Last edited:
Republicans love a white, Christian, heterosexual America that is willing to work for low wages
Bingo!

I would say that is more an issue of the Republican leadership, not the average Republican voter. Most Republican voters are in the 47% Romney said wouldn't vote for him. The Republican leadership has convinced their more rabid supporters to work against their own interests. It has been happening since Reagan's BS idea of "trickle down" economics.

Given the post and threads from a lot of the left wing here that must be the case.

republicans don't hate America ,we hate people who hate America ...........unlike the leftist traitors who love the enemy.

tumblr_m1z32dTA5s1rt759do1_400.jpg

Given the post and threads from a lot of the left wing here that must be the case.

It's like when Right wingers insist they want to "save" Medicare by turning it into a "voucher" program. But that would end it. It wouldn't be Medicare, it would be a voucher program. They insist a lie is truth.

So right wingers insist they love this country. Only they indulge in voter suppression, racism and elect crazy people to public office and insist they hate government. They don't want to invest in anything. They are always screaming their "freedoms" are being taken away. They hate every minority I can think of. They wanted to elect into office a pioneer of outsourcing. They support moving the wealth of the nation to the top 5%. They try to push their religion on everyone. They talk about civil war and secession.

Get the picture?

It's like when Right wingers insist they want to "save" Medicare by turning it into a "voucher" program. But that would end it. It wouldn't be Medicare, it would be a voucher program. They insist a lie is truth.

So right wingers insist they love this country. Only they indulge in voter suppression, racism and elect crazy people to public office and insist they hate government. They don't want to invest in anything. They are always screaming their "freedoms" are being taken away. They hate every minority I can think of. They wanted to elect into office a pioneer of outsourcing. They support moving the wealth of the nation to the top 5%. They try to push their religion on everyone. They talk about civil war and secession.

Get the picture?

I get the picture. You vilify and loath everyone you politically disagree with. It's such a sad, ignorant, and hateful picture though that I would just assume you keep your little picture.

Last edited:

It is obvious that they hate what America was supposed to be:

"The great object should be to combat the evil: 1. By establishing a political equality among all; 2. By witholding unnecessary opportunities from a few to increase the inequality of property by an immoderate, and especially an unmerited, accumulation of riches; 3. By the silent operation of laws which, without violating the rights of property, reduce extreme wealth towards a state of mediocrity and raise extreme indigence towards a state of comfort; 4. By abstaining from measures which operate differently on different interests, and particularly such as favor one interest at the expense of another; 5. By making one party a check on the other so far as the existence of parties cannot be prevented nor their views accommodated. If this is not the language of reason, it is that of republicanism."
-- James Madison; from 'Parties' (1792)

"the Romans fought for Empire. The Pride of that haughty people was to domineer over the rest of Mankind. But this is not our Object. We contend for the Liberty of our Country and the Rights of human Nature."
-- Samuel Adams; from letter to Alexander McDougall (May, 13, 1782)

"The earth is given as a common stock for man to labour and live on. If, for the encouragement of industry we allow it to be appropriated, we must take care that other employment be furnished to those excluded from the appropriation"
-- Thomas Jefferson; Letter to James Madison, (Oct. 28, 1785)

I've always appreciated a good "straight man" and Jay Carney is one of the best I've ever seen. There are brain dead and repugnant conservatives...just as their are brain dead and repugnant liberals. So what's your point?

The point is I said I believe America is vibrant, diverse and awesome and you're trying to drag me into a weird argument I don't care about.

Absolutely, there are shitty liberals just like there are shitty conservatives. The difference is a liberal is trying to give and a conservative is trying to take away.

I on the other hand believe that America is in danger of LOSING the very thing that made it awesome! This whole concept of "fairness" is a smokescreen for those who believe that a country of mediocre people all muddling along at the same level is more desirable than one where opportunity exists for the mediocre to become the exceptional.
Your belief is unfounded.

More Americans enjoy greater freedom and liberty today than at any time in our Nation’s history; the best America is yet to come, provided we don’t fall prey to the fear and reactionaryism exhibited by many conservatives.

I've always appreciated a good "straight man" and Jay Carney is one of the best I've ever seen. There are brain dead and repugnant conservatives...just as their are brain dead and repugnant liberals. So what's your point?

Well that is an argument from the wrong side of history:

"Let no one say that the picture produced as a first impression of human civilization is the impression of its achievement as a whole. This whole edifice of civilization is in its foundations and in all its stones nothing else than the result of the creative capacity, the achievement, the intelligence, the industry, of individuals: in its greatest triumphs it represents the great crowning achievement of individual God-favored geniuses, in its average accomplishment the achievement of men of average capacity, and in its sum doubtless the result of the use of human labor-force in order to turn to account the creations of genius and of talent. So it is only natural that when the capable intelligences of a nation, which are always in a minority, are regarded only as of the same value as all the rest, then genius, capacity, the value of personality are slowly subjected to the majority and this process is then falsely named the rule of the people. For this is not rule of the people, but in reality the rule of stupidity, of mediocrity, of half-heartedness, of cowardice, of weakness, and of inadequacy"
-- Adolf Hitler; from speech to Dusseldorf Industry Club (Jan. 27, 1932)

Your belief is unfounded.

More Americans enjoy greater freedom and liberty today than at any time in our Nation’s history; the best America is yet to come, provided we don’t fall prey to the fear and reactionaryism exhibited by many conservatives.

So were America to be all of these things, then why are homosexuals claiming the opposite? Why are black people still claiming that they are being oppressed by the white man? Why are religious people claiming that their religious freedom is under attack? Why is it gun owners fear that they are about to get their guns taken from them? Why are Democrats claiming that oppressive forces still exist here in America? And why are you pinning the restriction of liberty and freedom on the opposite party? If there were truly greater freedom and liberty than at any time in our nation's history, wouldn't there be a consensus between you two?

The true restriction to liberty and freedom is when our two parties continually bicker with each other in Washington, and prevent any meaningful legislation from being passed, when both of them instead pass laws that expand our government beyond its Constitutionally mandated authority.

So how is it you claim that we have been freer than ever before? Do you not see the expansion of government all around you? No, of course not. You would rather defend its authority than to expose its treachery. Since when does more government mean more freedom and liberty? How do you make such a justification?

Last edited:
Conservatives that populate today's Republican Party have a mythical viewpoint of an America that never existed.

They hate the reality.

Well that is an argument from the wrong side of history:

"Let no one say that the picture produced as a first impression of human civilization is the impression of its achievement as a whole. This whole edifice of civilization is in its foundations and in all its stones nothing else than the result of the creative capacity, the achievement, the intelligence, the industry, of individuals: in its greatest triumphs it represents the great crowning achievement of individual God-favored geniuses, in its average accomplishment the achievement of men of average capacity, and in its sum doubtless the result of the use of human labor-force in order to turn to account the creations of genius and of talent. So it is only natural that when the capable intelligences of a nation, which are always in a minority, are regarded only as of the same value as all the rest, then genius, capacity, the value of personality are slowly subjected to the majority and this process is then falsely named the rule of the people. For this is not rule of the people, but in reality the rule of stupidity, of mediocrity, of half-heartedness, of cowardice, of weakness, and of inadequacy"
-- Adolf Hitler; from speech to Dusseldorf Industry Club (Jan. 27, 1932)

Ayn Rand to a "tee".

Get the picture?

What's amusing about your usual rant, Deanie...is that you essentially parrot whatever inflammatory sites like ThinkProgress and The Huffington Post put out and just ASSUME that it's true.

Asking that people present valid ID in order to vote isn't "voter suppression"...it's common sense.

Not wanting to waste billions of dollars we don't have on another "infrastructure" stimulus plan exactly like the one that was SO bad in the first Obama Stimulus doesn't mean that someone doesn't want to invest in anything...it means that they don't want to repeat the same mistakes we JUST made.

Barack Obama appointed a man, who as a CEO of GE, outsourced far more jobs than Mitt Romney even DREAMED of to be his Jobs Czar. Where is your outrage over that?

Wealth is moving to the top 5% more under this President than ever did under Bush. Why? Because this Administration's policies have kept so many Americans unemployed for so long that the middle class is being bled dry. Why doesn't THAT raise your ire?

This country was based on religious freedom. I'm an agnostic and could really care less about what others want to do when it comes to religion.

Get the picture?

I get the picture. You vilify and loath everyone you politically disagree with. It's such a sad, ignorant, and hateful picture though that I would just assume you keep your little picture.

Pointing out the obvious is not vilifying and loathing someone. It's simply an observation based on video, speeches and policy.

Forum List

Back