Do left wingers believe most Republicans hate America?

No, they understand that republicans don’t ‘hate’ anyone – indeed, it’s not a matter of ‘hate,’ but fear; fear of change, fear of diversity and dissent, and fear on the part of many republicans that this change might lead to their loss of perceived privilege.

Republicans and conservatives are, for the most part, reactionaries, it’s a condition as old as Western Civilization itself.

Who cares, liberals hate alot of stuff, including America. That's why they have to fundamentally reform it....because they didnt like it and never have, it's not the marxist paradise they want.

Republicans don't hate America, they just hate Americans. Well, certain Americans - blacks, homosexuals, liberals, poor people, welfare recipients, Social Security recipients, Muslims, people with funny sounding names, immigrants. Basically anybody that isn't them.

No, they understand that republicans don’t ‘hate’ anyone – indeed, it’s not a matter of ‘hate,’ but fear; fear of change, fear of diversity and dissent, and fear on the part of many republicans that this change might lead to their loss of perceived privilege.

Republicans and conservatives are, for the most part, reactionaries, it’s a condition as old as Western Civilization itself.

So opposing a idea that you don't feel is a good idea is fear? I'm not sure where you get fear of diversity from if other's don't share your views you can't force them to and I doubt you would change your core beliefs just to be called diverse fear of dissent is very funny given how many times the left has said over the last four years if you disagree with Obama it's racial now that sounds like fear of dissent.

So opposing a idea that you don't feel is a good idea is fear? I'm not sure where you get fear of diversity from if other's don't share your views you can't force them to and I doubt you would change your core beliefs just to be called diverse fear of dissent is very funny given how many times the left has said over the last four years if you disagree with Obama it's racial now that sounds like fear of dissent.

Opposing same-sex couples’ access to marriage is a manifestation of that fear, as the courts have determined it lacks a rational basis. Opposition to due process rights for immigrants is predicated on the fear of a changing demographic. Opposition to privacy rights with regard to abortion is predicated on a fear of dissent, where many disagree with the religious dogma conservatives, for the most part, use to oppose abortion.

It’s not about sharing views or being forced to do anything, but the fact that many disagree with most tenets of conservative dogma, thus undermining that dogma, where conservatives, again, for the most part, feel the need to compel compliance to that dogma through legislative measures.

For example, in Florida the republican controlled Department of Education and Board of Governors for state universities enacted a policy denying in-state tuition to US citizen residents whose parents were undocumented immigrants, in the hope this would decrease immigration overall; the policy was clearly punitive and un-Constitutional, and was determined such by a Federal court late last year.

The same is true with regard to republicans seeking drug tests as a condition of initial eligibility for those applying for public assistance, also struck down as un-Constitutional. Such measures reflect the fear and contempt most republicans have for the poor, who are unable to make ends meet through no fault of their own.

You and other conservatives need to objectively examine many of your positions on the issues, if honest you’ll acknowledge that most of those positions are motivated by fear of, and contempt for, change, dissent, and diversity.

I am afraid that the Liberal dumb asses will get their way and Mexico will become the 51st State. 1/10th of their population according to the left reside illegally in our Country now. And the solution proposed by the left? Make them citizens so that the remaining 90 percent will see the advantage to illegally moving into the US.

By the way it was tried in 86 and while only 2 million were effected the result was the current 10 to 20 MILLION illegally here for the same reason.

As for same sex? Courts should not be making those decisions. The people through their legislatures should.

Drugs? Why if we listen to you liberals we would legalize all drugs and pass out the same drugs like candy to the masses.

Shall I go on?

Republicans don't hate America, they just hate Americans. Well, certain Americans - blacks, homosexuals, liberals, poor people, welfare recipients, Social Security recipients, Muslims, people with funny sounding names, immigrants. Basically anybody that isn't them.

Posts like this show an ignorance of epic proportion.

Wanting a government that does things that make sense...is not "hating" all of the above...it's wanting America to still BE HERE for all of the above.

Partisans on both sides of the current political divide facilitate results that hurt America. What is amusing in a noir sort of way is each "side" believes the pain will cause the other side to move in the direction of righteousness, although the fake-left would never use that word.

What is flat out hilarious to me is there are people stupid enough to call Clinton a liberal and Reagan a conservative. No liberal would ever have signed repeal of Glass Steagall or the CFTMA and no conservative would ever have tripled the national debt. The Clintonista and ReagaNUT elements are people so lost that whatever their actual emotions the result is the same as if they did hate America.

None of that addresses Junebug and Obama, the two most over-their-head presidents since Pierce and Buchanan. Yet the American body politic is so degraded by corporate control of politicians and media complicity in the manipulation of emotions of partisans that the government is essentially out of control.

It isn't going to get any better as long as corporations have the same rights as natural born persons. That is a lock.

Wanting a government that does things that make sense...is not "hating" all of the above...it's wanting America to still BE HERE for all of the above.

Yeah, but posts claiming that liberals hate America and are to blame for all the world's problems are A-OK.

Yeah, but posts claiming that liberals hate America and are to blame for all the world's problems are A-OK.

No...actually they're just as idiotic as yours.

I don't think conservatives hate America, I think conservatives hate huge demographics of Americans and want snow-flake jesus baked brain dead America instead of the vibrant diverse awesomeness that we are now.

Wow...we're experiencing "vibrant diverse awesomeness"?

Just what do you have to smoke to have that viewpoint, Balls?

Opposing same-sex couples’ access to marriage is a manifestation of that fear, as the courts have determined it lacks a rational basis. Opposition to due process rights for immigrants is predicated on the fear of a changing demographic. Opposition to privacy rights with regard to abortion is predicated on a fear of dissent, where many disagree with the religious dogma conservatives, for the most part, use to oppose abortion.

It’s not about sharing views or being forced to do anything, but the fact that many disagree with most tenets of conservative dogma, thus undermining that dogma, where conservatives, again, for the most part, feel the need to compel compliance to that dogma through legislative measures.

For example, in Florida the republican controlled Department of Education and Board of Governors for state universities enacted a policy denying in-state tuition to US citizen residents whose parents were undocumented immigrants, in the hope this would decrease immigration overall; the policy was clearly punitive and un-Constitutional, and was determined such by a Federal court late last year.

The same is true with regard to republicans seeking drug tests as a condition of initial eligibility for those applying for public assistance, also struck down as un-Constitutional. Such measures reflect the fear and contempt most republicans have for the poor, who are unable to make ends meet through no fault of their own.

You and other conservatives need to objectively examine many of your positions on the issues, if honest you’ll acknowledge that most of those positions are motivated by fear of, and contempt for, change, dissent, and diversity.

Wow what a impressive display of liberal talking points you present it very well but at the end of the day it is still just the liberal caricature of what conservatives believe and stand for. That said A for presentation though.

I don't think conservatives hate America, I think conservatives hate huge demographics of Americans and want snow-flake jesus baked brain dead America instead of the vibrant diverse awesomeness that we are now.

The fact that this country has never been more tolerant and that we're finally reaching a point in society where it doesn't matter what your race, religion, sexuality or creed is. There's opportunity and a voice for every individual in this country. I think that's vibrant, diverse and awesome.

Liberals believe that Conservatives hate the kind of America liberals want to create and they are right. Conservatives believe that liberals hate the America that was the greatest country in the world and they are right.

There are two Americas. Each is the opposite of the other. It's mirror image. Reversed.

The fact that this country has never been more tolerant and that we're finally reaching a point in society where it doesn't matter what your race, religion, sexuality or creed is. There's opportunity and a voice for every individual in this country. I think that's vibrant, diverse and awesome.

LOL...but you joined up on a string that basically is calling for some of those "individuals" to be silenced? Awesome, dude...awesome!

Forum List

Back