Zone1 Do I Understand These Biblical Stories Correctly?

Again, you speak of things you know nothing about. All of chapter 53 had nothing to do with Hezekiah. Itā€™s a messianic prophecy of Emmanuel, son of the young Virgin Mary. And, I still havenā€™t seen you answer Isaiah 29 and the sealed book in the ground to come forward at a future date in the last days. Not have you answered where is your book of Joseph?

Hezekiah is Emmanuel.

Isaiah 29 summary

God says that he will put Ariel, the city where David camped, into distress. He says that, to him Jerusalem will be like an Ariel (meaning an altar, probably). He will besiege it like King David did. Ominously, God says that Jerusalem will speak from the dust of the earth like a ghost.

Last edited:
Hezekiah is Emmanuel.

Isaiah 29 summary

God says that he will put Ariel, the city where David camped, into distress. He says that, to him Jerusalem will be like an Ariel (meaning an altar, probably). He will besiege it like King David did. Ominously, God says that Jerusalem will speak from the dust of the earth like a ghost.
Is Hezekiah God? No. End of that lie.

Chapter 29: you take the ā€œdustā€ out of context with the end of the chapter talking about the book. The book is not the OT. Although some will be in there. A book is not a ghost. It says specifically that it can be read by one who is filled with the Holy Ghost, a prophet. You will note in verse 10 the apostasy occurs and the prophets will be no more for a very long time in the ground.
You still havenā€™t explained the book. The marvelous work and wonder. Learned people like yourself cannot read it and understand it. Thatā€™s because you believe you are smarter than God. Verse 11 says this. And remember, it says multiple times this is a vision. Therefore, if the future.

Is Hezekiah God? No. End of that lie.

Chapter 29: you take the ā€œdustā€ out of context with the end of the chapter talking about the book. The book is not the OT. Although some will be in there. A book is not a ghost. It says specifically that it can be read by one who is filled with the Holy Ghost, a prophet. You will note in verse 10 the apostasy occurs and the prophets will be no more for a very long time in the ground.
You still havenā€™t explained the book. The marvelous work and wonder. Learned people like yourself cannot read it and understand it. Thatā€™s because you believe you are smarter than God. Verse 11 says this. And remember, it says multiple times this is a vision. Therefore, if the future.

Smarter than God? Lol šŸ˜‚ I didn't write the book of the Mormon or claim that nephites came to America from Jerusalem in 600 BC.

Smarter than God? Lol šŸ˜‚ I didn't write the book of the Mormon or claim that nephites came to America from Jerusalem in 600 BC.
Thatā€™s right. You didnā€™t bring forth the book of Joseph as Isaiah prophesied. Now, where is your book of Joseph, the marvelous work and wonder the Isaiah saw in a vision after the destruction of Ariel and the apostasy of no prophets? Oh ya, you are the stubborn learned person who has no faith in Christ. You keep avoiding this. Where is the book of Joseph?

Thatā€™s right. You didnā€™t bring forth the book of Joseph as Isaiah prophesied. Now, where is your book of Joseph, the marvelous work and wonder the Isaiah saw in a vision after the destruction of Ariel and the apostasy of no prophets? Oh ya, you are the stubborn learned person who has no faith in Christ. You keep avoiding this. Where is the book of Joseph?

The story of Joseph is in Genesis from 37 (I think) to about 48

The book of Joseph is a fabrication of Joseph Smith.

The historicity of the Book of Abraham is not accepted by non-LDS scholars and by some LDS scholars. The existence of the patriarch Abraham is questioned even in the Biblical narrative by some researchers.[134] Various anachronism and 19th century themes lead scholars to conclude that the Book of Abraham is a 19th century creation.[2]

The story of Joseph is in Genesis from 37 (I think) to about 48

The book of Joseph is a fabrication of Joseph Smith.

The historicity of the Book of Abraham is not accepted by non-LDS scholars and by some LDS scholars. The existence of the patriarch Abraham is questioned even in the Biblical narrative by some researchers.[134] Various anachronism and 19th century themes lead scholars to conclude that the Book of Abraham is a 19th century creation.[2]
You are really not much a study of the Bible or you would know that the book of Joseph is in Ezekiel. And, it has nothing to do with the Book of Abraham. See, you canā€™t win this because you know you are wrong. So, you try to change topics. But I wonā€™t go for it. Where is your, your book of Joseph? You seem to think prophets have no ability to see into the future. So, your book of Joseph should be known. Oh, the ego and haughty mind of a learned person with unbelief in God.

Jesus was baptized because He was trying to set an example for His followers and He was virgin born because that's the only way that He could escape being a sinner like the rest of us? Just curious because that's what I have been told, but those are a couple of biblical accounts that I'm not sure if I understand or not.
Jesus' Presentation in the Temple preceded its telling in a Gospel account by around 50 years, Soooo we can conclude that it had a meaning when first done and a further meaning when revived for the Gospel. Every other explanation (eg it is a fabrication) must be false because as a simple Jew this is what any Jewish mother must have done

This will give you great insight if you understand what I am saying

You are really not much a study of the Bible or you would know that the book of Joseph is in Ezekiel. And, it has nothing to do with the Book of Abraham. See, you canā€™t win this because you know you are wrong. So, you try to change topics. But I wonā€™t go for it. Where is your, your book of Joseph? You seem to think prophets have no ability to see into the future. So, your book of Joseph should be known. Oh, the ego and haughty mind of a learned person with unbelief in God.

Ezekiel was writing about the return after the Babylonian exile.

The book of Abraham is the creation of Joseph Smith.

Further, the Torah does have a specific word for a virgin ā€“ betulah ā€“ which it consistently uses in reference to a womanā€™s virginity (e.g., Genesis 24:16, Exodus 22:15, Leviticus 21:14, and especially Deuteronomy 22:13-21) ā€“ and that is not the word used by Isaiah. Matthew 1:23 claims that Jesusā€™s immaculate conception was the fulfillment of Isaiahā€™s prophecy that a virgin shall give birth, but it is immediately clear that this is not what Isaiah had in mind.
Another result of the virgin birth story is to put Jesus on par with pagan heroes like Hercules who had a god for a father and a human for a mother.

If He wanted to allow evil to grow even more, He could have.

In the original myth from Sumer and Akkad the garden of Eden was a playground for the gods.. Humans served them and took care of the gardening chores. But, they became too numerous and too noisy so the flood wiped them out.

Another result of the virgin birth story is to put Jesus on par with pagan heroes like Hercules who had a god for a father and a human for a mother.
Or vice versa. Maybe those mythical characters are put on a par with the real deities. I think some elaborate myths are just 'counterfeits before the fact'.

Or vice versa. Maybe those mythical characters are put on a par with the real deities. I think some elaborate myths are just 'counterfeits before the fact'.
The story of Hercules precedes Jesus by centauries. I'm not sure what 'counterfeits before the fact' means. Aren't they, by definition, the originals?

The story of Hercules precedes Jesus by centauries. I'm not sure what 'counterfeits before the fact' means. Aren't they, by definition, the originals?
Those myths may indeed describe the events and intrigues that happened within the spirit world, the time between the rebellion and the restoration of Genesis One. Some myths might have been created (demon inspired) to mock what was going to happen in the future.

Not sure that Hercules was a type of Christ. I think Jupiter and Zeus are types of God, although pretty extreme.

Forum List

Back