Do Democrats REALLY Think Americans Will Turn Their Guns In Peacefully If They Pass a Law

"Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell of California wants to ban assault weapons, instate a federal gun buy-back program for those who own them and criminally prosecute those who refuse to hand them over.

The representative wrote an op-ed in USA Today Thursday rolling out what he feels is the gun control policy America should adopt:"

"“Reinstating the federal
assault weapons ban that was in effect from 1994 to 2004 would prohibit manufacture and sales, but it would not affect weapons already possessed. This would leave millions of assault weapons in our communities for decades to come,” Swalwell wrote.

“Instead, we should ban possession of military-style semiautomatic assault weapons, we should buy back such weapons from all who choose to abide by the law, and we should criminally prosecute any who choose to defy it by keeping their weapons.”"

Raise your hand out there if you think this would end peacefully, with law-abiding citizens simply handing over their (until that moment) legally-owned guns to a bunch of Liberals trampling on the Constitution in their continued effort to dis-arm the American people (Because you KNOW the Liberals would not stop there...)?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Not going to happen / end well....

Eric Swalwell Unloads Gun Platform Liberals Really Want
I reckon they’re fine whether you turn it in peacefully or not. From your cold, dead hands maybe?
It could be the other way around. I don't think you realize what would happen if you try to take guns from law abiding citizens.

It won't pass.

However, what should be done is federal rights violation charges should be filed against the authors of such a bill, and any yes votes should also be criminally prosecuted for violating the rights of the citizens in their state.

In addition, it should be a major campaign thrust to vote out anyone who supported or voted yes on such a rights violation.

Time for people to start electing people on the basis if the rights they protect, not the party they belong to.

You are strong supporter of right to quickly kill lots of people eh?
Do elections kill people?

Who knew.

It won't pass.

However, what should be done is federal rights violation charges should be filed against the authors of such a bill, and any yes votes should also be criminally prosecuted for violating the rights of the citizens in their state.

In addition, it should be a major campaign thrust to vote out anyone who supported or voted yes on such a rights violation.

Time for people to start electing people on the basis if the rights they protect, not the party they belong to.

A good person with a gun can stop a bad person with a gun, quickly.

As soon as they get their dream law is when it's Civil War. The ones that passed and pushed for said laws will be the first targets.

That won't happen. We are like the frog in cold water, that is being heated until we boil to death. Our Media, Education, Corporations, and Government are making legal gun ownership a pariah. As a society, we are being sensitized to despise all guns. In addition, more, and more restrictive laws get passed which we get used to. Death by a thousand cuts.

It worked in the UK, and Australia. Look how they talk about American gun owners that possess, and use guns legally. Heck even our own citizens call us "Gun Nuts".

Newsflash: None of those countries are The United States of America.

"Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell of California wants to ban assault weapons, instate a federal gun buy-back program for those who own them and criminally prosecute those who refuse to hand them over.

The representative wrote an op-ed in USA Today Thursday rolling out what he feels is the gun control policy America should adopt:"

assault weapons ban that was in effect from 1994 to 2004 would prohibit manufacture and sales, but it would not affect weapons already possessed. This would leave millions of assault weapons in our communities for decades to come,” Swalwell wrote.

“Instead, we should ban possession of military-style semiautomatic assault weapons, we should buy back such weapons from all who choose to abide by the law, and we should criminally prosecute any who choose to defy it by keeping their weapons.”"

Raise your hand out there if you think this would end peacefully, with law-abiding citizens simply handing over their (until that moment) legally-owned guns to a bunch of Liberals trampling on the Constitution in their continued effort to dis-arm the American people (Because you KNOW the Liberals would not stop there...)?

I reckon they’re fine whether you turn it in peacefully or not. From your cold, dead hands maybe?
It could be the other way around. I don't think you realize what would happen if you try to take guns from law abiding citizens.
There would be no problem taking from law abiding.

It won't pass.

And yet we are the mass shooting capital of the world...

You really can't be that ignorant.

It won't pass.

In gun free zones.
28468195_10156371704418598_6968798993377709139_n.png.jpg

Do you not know the definition of law abiding?

It won't pass.

In gun free zones.View attachment 191603

Everywhere actually. Even armed police have been victims of mass shootings.

So you're down with the govt going all mao style and killing its own citizens over their second amendment right?

Yep, and the second amendment says it's lawful for citizens to own guns. So, it would be government breaking the law trying to take guns away. There's the difference.

So you're down with the govt going all mao style and killing its own citizens over their second amendment right?
Somebody would be really stupid to lose their life over a rifle...

Yep, and the second amendment says it's lawful for citizens to own guns. So, it would be government breaking the law trying to take guns away. There's the difference.

Machine guns are regulated. Supreme Court agrees the second has limits.

Says a very young someone who has never fought for an idea or a cause.

I’m young? That is funny. The cause to quickly and easily kill lots of people doesn’t appeal to me.

I’m young? That is funny. The cause to quickly and easily kill lots of people doesn’t appeal to me.

History is replete with the bodies of those who just go along to get along.

Forum List

Back