Do black people realize that it was an insult to Barack Obama

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by beagle9, Nov 18, 2012.

1. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,659
    Was it that he wasn't racially loyal enough is why maybe ? What did they expect of Lynn Swan when he ran ? If 97% of blacks would have voted for Lynn Swan in Pensylvania, would he have won ?

2. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,659
    It's up to Obama now, and so the nation is watching him closely from all the angles. I truly hope he does the right thing finally, and works for everyone in America from here on out.

Trash the worldly agenda's, and become a real leader and loyal American for all who haved earned it and do deserve it, but also remain compassionate, and yet righteous onto the poor in their plight as well. There is a balance and it can be kept in all. God Bless America!

3. Polk

Polk Classic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +584
    I'd have to look at the breakdown of the Pennsylvania electorate, but I'm imagine baseline Republican support plus the black vote is probably a majority.

4. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,977
    Obama won both elections because he was the better candidate.

John McCain was a joke, although a more nobler joke.

Mitt Romney was an even bigger joke, with no core whatsoever.

Black folks were and remain ecstatic to finally have a black candidate that actually could and did win the Presidency.

We tend to vote Democratic, I believe Amy already posted that we vote Democratic about 90% with no black candidates to choose from.

Do you think Herman Cain would have gotten our vote? Let me help you. The answer is a resounding Nein! Nein! Nein!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  5. martinjlm

martinjlm Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Probably not any more likely than President Obama winning because 97% of black voters voted for him. President Obama won because 36% of white others agreed that he was a better choice than Mitt Romney.....as did a vast majority of Hispanic voters.....et cetera.

6. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,659
    Does this yet answer the question maybe upon how blacks themselves voted in such a majority for Obama, and why they did this ? Better yet, how many do you think voted skin color in percentage of in which are found among the blacks, and did they do this because they feel there is an un-ending loyalty among all blacks ? So it was for them that he must be elected upon his running, and this in hopes of by giving him their vote in a majority, and also this being based upon his skin color as being a major important part of that for them, where as his attributes and characteristics would come hopefully along with the deal as icing on the cake ?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  7. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,659
    What happened with Herman Cain for you all ? The woman troubles, his policies, his attitude, his being republican or what ?

8. martinjlm

martinjlm Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    The answer was, is, and will continue to be.....Barack Obama was the Democratic candidate in 2008, meaning he had an 88% lock on the black vote just for being a Democrat. Any of the other Dems in the primary would have gotten 88% unless they did or said something STUPID (examples...Jeep is moving to China, 47% of voters are dependent).

What is gained by getting into the heads or motivations of a large group of voters, especially considering that they don't all think as a pack? Still looking for the value to be gained from your original question.

9. martinjlm

martinjlm Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    For me (I cannot and will not speak for all black voters because we do think differently, despite the assumption made in your original post) those things did not help him at all, but I had already placed him in the "ain't votin' for" pile after the first couple of debates. He just was not that strong on follow up questions and quickly became a gaffe machine.

10. gallantwarrior

gallantwarrior Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,406
    You cannot know that many "african americans" then.