Do black people realize that it was an insult to Barack Obama

Blacks vote for blacks.

It's a fact of life. :cool:

You couldn't be more wrong. Blacks vote for Democrats. Run Alan Keyes against Hillary in 2016, and Hillary would take over 90% of the Black vote, guaranteed.

Absolutely. As I said before, if racial loyalty was all important, why is Lynn Swann not governor of Pennsylvania?
Was it that he wasn't racially loyal enough is why maybe ? What did they expect of Lynn Swan when he ran ? If 97% of blacks would have voted for Lynn Swan in Pensylvania, would he have won ?

I don't recall who it was, but I remember that someone said reelecting Obama said more about racial progress in America than electing him in the first place. The reasoning was that it's a lot easier to elect someone who is a blank canvass you can paint your hopes and dreams on to any extent, than to vote for someone who has drawn lines in the sand.
It's up to Obama now, and so the nation is watching him closely from all the angles. I truly hope he does the right thing finally, and works for everyone in America from here on out.

Trash the worldly agenda's, and become a real leader and loyal American for all who haved earned it and do deserve it, but also remain compassionate, and yet righteous onto the poor in their plight as well. There is a balance and it can be kept in all. God Bless America!

You couldn't be more wrong. Blacks vote for Democrats. Run Alan Keyes against Hillary in 2016, and Hillary would take over 90% of the Black vote, guaranteed.

Absolutely. As I said before, if racial loyalty was all important, why is Lynn Swann not governor of Pennsylvania?
Was it that he wasn't racially loyal enough is why maybe ? What did they expect of Lynn Swan when he ran ? If 97% of blacks would have voted for Lynn Swan in Pensylvania, would he have won ?

I'd have to look at the breakdown of the Pennsylvania electorate, but I'm imagine baseline Republican support plus the black vote is probably a majority.

Obama won both elections because he was the better candidate.

John McCain was a joke, although a more nobler joke.

Mitt Romney was an even bigger joke, with no core whatsoever.

Black folks were and remain ecstatic to finally have a black candidate that actually could and did win the Presidency.

We tend to vote Democratic, I believe Amy already posted that we vote Democratic about 90% with no black candidates to choose from.

Do you think Herman Cain would have gotten our vote? Let me help you. The answer is a resounding Nein! Nein! Nein!

Last edited:

Probably not any more likely than President Obama winning because 97% of black voters voted for him. President Obama won because 36% of white others agreed that he was a better choice than Mitt Romney.....as did a vast majority of Hispanic voters.....et cetera.

Probably not any more likely than President Obama winning because 97% of black voters voted for him. President Obama won because 36% of white others agreed that he was a better choice than Mitt Romney.....as did a vast majority of Hispanic voters.....et cetera.
Does this yet answer the question maybe upon how blacks themselves voted in such a majority for Obama, and why they did this ? Better yet, how many do you think voted skin color in percentage of in which are found among the blacks, and did they do this because they feel there is an un-ending loyalty among all blacks ? So it was for them that he must be elected upon his running, and this in hopes of by giving him their vote in a majority, and also this being based upon his skin color as being a major important part of that for them, where as his attributes and characteristics would come hopefully along with the deal as icing on the cake ?

Last edited:

Black folks were and remain ecstatic to finally have a black candidate that actually could and did win the Presidency.

We tend to vote Democratic, I believe Amy already posted that we vote Democratic about 90% with no black candidates to choose from.

Do you think Herman Cain would have gotten our vote? Let me help you. The answer is a resounding Nein! Nein! Nein!
What happened with Herman Cain for you all ? The woman troubles, his policies, his attitude, his being republican or what ?

Does this yet answer the question maybe upon how blacks themselves voted in such a majority for Obama, and why they did this ? Better yet, how many do you think voted skin color in percentage of in which are found among the blacks, and did they do this because they feel there is an un-ending loyalty among all blacks ? So it was for them that he must be elected upon his running, and this in hopes of by giving him their vote in a majority, and also this being based upon his skin color as being a major important part of that for them, where as his attributes and characteristics would come hopefully along with the deal as icing on the cake ?

The answer was, is, and will continue to be.....Barack Obama was the Democratic candidate in 2008, meaning he had an 88% lock on the black vote just for being a Democrat. Any of the other Dems in the primary would have gotten 88% unless they did or said something STUPID (examples...Jeep is moving to China, 47% of voters are dependent).

What is gained by getting into the heads or motivations of a large group of voters, especially considering that they don't all think as a pack? Still looking for the value to be gained from your original question.

What happened with Herman Cain for you all ? The woman troubles, his policies, his attitude, his being republican or what ?

For me (I cannot and will not speak for all black voters because we do think differently, despite the assumption made in your original post) those things did not help him at all, but I had already placed him in the "ain't votin' for" pile after the first couple of debates. He just was not that strong on follow up questions and quickly became a gaffe machine.

to say that he was or should be elected by them, on the basis of his skin color, and that of it being an historic moment/event if he was elected based upon his skin color (i.e. becoming the first Black President in the USA)?

Think about this for a moment.... Barack saw himself winning that first election personally I'm thinking, as to be based upon his education and that of him being an American, and it never being based upon his skin color or should have been to the American voter reagrdless of his skin color, otherwise to be based upon him being a black man in life in order that he should get the job. He accepted this blackman thing in which was placed upon him, but what does it make him think really of the people who saw it all in this way, and voted for him in this way ? Does he see them as being smart or that of being naieve and ignorant in life in America, because a President should always be hired based upon his education and record in life, in which qualifies him or her for the job, and never should it be based upon the color of ones skin in life.

Somehow this nation must get beyond this skin color thing in life, because as Martin Luther King once said, it is and never should be about color in America as we are all going into the future, but instead about character, so why did the people run around yelling to the roof tops about color in that 1st election, and what did color mean to them if the election in their mind was won on the premise of color and not that of character, and this I mean if it is found to be lacking there of once a person is looked at for their character found within their job, and not looked at because of their skin color ?

One fails to see the point, as the premise is idiotic.

No African American opined that the president should be re-elected solely because Obama was the same race as they.

You cannot know that many "african americans" then.

Blacks vote for blacks.

It's a fact of life. :cool:

No matter what? Does it matter if you think he's qualified or not?

Caroljo,

Speaking as a black man who has voted for candidates who are black, white, Hispanic, Asian, female, and Native American in various local, state and national elections, qualifications count a lot more than race. I can also say that is pretty much true of most of the people I associate with.

The original post would only be true in an environment where people delegate the requirement to think. That is more insulting to an entire group of people than the OP apparently believes his ridiculous premise is an insult to President Obama.

Again, to answer your question. Qualifications are more important than skin color. In fact SOMETIMES qualifications are even more important than party affiliation.

For you and other blacks this may be true. But for many, many others, they voted for Barry S. strictly because he was black. There are hundreds of interviews that say other than your contention.

Coupled with Romney's lack of qualification.

(47% comments, lying and/or unaware of Chrysler Jeep China issue...pick one, equally bad, post election whining)

He was quite correct in his 47% assessment. It was the liberal media that painted it otherwise.

Assume for a second that I agree with you (I don't)....someone smart enough to be president wouldn't be caught on tape saying it. That's sort of like having to actually think about the answer to your wife / girlfriend asking "does this make me look fat?". If you can't think of a diplomatic way to answer that, you deserve the fallout.

No, honesty is not a cherished character trait. People would rather vote for whomsoever promises them the most "stuff".

No matter what? Does it matter if you think he's qualified or not?

Caroljo,

Speaking as a black man who has voted for candidates who are black, white, Hispanic, Asian, female, and Native American in various local, state and national elections, qualifications count a lot more than race. I can also say that is pretty much true of most of the people I associate with.

The original post would only be true in an environment where people delegate the requirement to think. That is more insulting to an entire group of people than the OP apparently believes his ridiculous premise is an insult to President Obama.

Again, to answer your question. Qualifications are more important than skin color. In fact SOMETIMES qualifications are even more important than party affiliation.

For you and other blacks this may be true. But for many, many others, they voted for Barry S. strictly because he was black. There are hundreds of interviews that say other than your contention.

And a number of white voters voted for Gov. McCain and later Gov. Romney because Barack Obama is black. Which makes more sense? Neither. Thankfully they probably cancel each other out.

He was quite correct in his 47% assessment. It was the liberal media that painted it otherwise.

Assume for a second that I agree with you (I don't)....someone smart enough to be president wouldn't be caught on tape saying it. That's sort of like having to actually think about the answer to your wife / girlfriend asking "does this make me look fat?". If you can't think of a diplomatic way to answer that, you deserve the fallout.

No, honesty is not a cherished character trait. People would rather vote for whomsoever promises them the most "stuff".
It seems that in a new dependency state. they most defintely do, and many states are becoming dependent more and more and more on government to take care of them...

Caroljo,

And a number of white voters voted for Gov. McCain and later Gov. Romney because Barack Obama is black. Which makes more sense? Neither. Thankfully they probably cancel each other out.

No doubt. But two wrongs don't make it right. A lot of people voted for McCain and Romney because obama's politics and ideology are just wrong, criminal and evil.

Caroljo,

They voted for MCcain and later Romney because Barack Obama was black ? There are those kinds out there for sure, but in what percentages did they amount to in those elections ? Remember now these two guy's lost...

I don't think that these types of voters in which you speak about, really make any kind of a difference in an election, and if they did we would be backing up instead of going foward. However if the blacks in a large percentage of, are going down these same roads (voting skin color), then a problem will continue in this nation, because like another poster here just said "Two wrongs don't make a right".

When will we all just become Americans, and protect the American way of life and strength in this nation or is it that their are many who are still trying to define themselves and for whom they still are in America, and so they associate themselves with groups or a group whom they feel represent their interest best ?

Last edited:

They voted for MCcain and later Romney because Barack Obama was black ? There are those kinds out there for sure, but in what percentages did they amount to in those elections ? Remember now these two guy's lost...

I don't think that these types of voters in which you speak about, really make any kind of a difference in an election, and if they did we would be backing up instead of going foward. However if the blacks in a large percentage of, are going down these same roads (voting skin color), then a problem will continue in this nation, because like another poster here just said "Two wrongs don't make a right".

When will we all just become Americans, and protect the American way of life and strength in this nation or is it that their are many who are still trying to define themselves and for whom they still are in America, and so they associate themselves with groups or a group whom they feel represent their interest best ?

Yeah, that was me with the "two wrongs" comment.
You also have a point about the numbers of whites voting against the black guy vs. the number of blacks voting for him. I personally did not hear one white person of my acquaintance say they were voting against obama because he was black. Many blacks I know, even people who should have known better, did declare their intention to vote for him specifically because they thought having a black president was "cool". Many obama voters don't even know what his ideology or policies are.

No doubt. But two wrongs don't make it right. A lot of people voted for McCain and Romney because obama's politics and ideology are just wrong, criminal and evil.

And a LOT of people (36% of white voters, a large majority of hispanic voters, an overwhelming number of voters in large city centers) voted FOR President Obama either because they thought his policies were appropriate or at least better than those proposed by Sen. McCain in 2008 or Gov. Romney in 2012. Let's face it, there are a lot of good reasons why people voted for either candidate and a lot of effed-up reasons why people voted for either candidate. To assume that all people of a particular group voted the way they did for one singular reason is very short-sighted and does nothing to further resolution of the election results. May as well ask why everyone chews their food forty times before they swallow. First of all, you cannot prove that this is the case......second of all.....what friggin' difference does it make?

(just noticed I incorrectly referred to McCain as "Gov." instead of "Sen." in my last post).

With regard to the bold print...I have no more idea of how many white voters voted for McCain or Romney because Obama is black. And YOU have NO IDEA how many black voters voted for Obama because he is black. This is what makes your original post flawed. You ASSUME that this is the single reason black voters voted for Pres. Obama, even in the face of 40+ years of data showing that black voters vote overwhelmingly in favor of white Democratic candidates. The more important question (for Republican planners) should be..."Why is that and what can we do to counteract it?"

Forum List

Back