Disgusting

Yes, disenfranchising the homeless seems an excellent plan.

Wait, are you really going to sit here and pretend that homeless people vote unless they are bought by a bottle of MD2020 or a free lunch and ride to a poll? Why don't the same people that are so concerned with buying a cheap vote pick the same people up and bring them to get a photo ID......that is the least you crooked fucks should do for the cheap vote....... or maybe the Republicans should beat you to it and kick your ass at yo
ur own bullshit game.

Complete and utter bullshit.

Liberalism has reduced an array of rights.

the right to bear arms is now the right to own certain hands guns and certain ammo
the right to free speech, is AOK unless you get angry and hateful, then you can end up in jail.
and now you learned that you can mandate that anything be bought.
The Right provides the obstacle to every social movement ever. Civil rights, women's rights, gay rights, worker's rights, environmental safety, and, yes, speech rights have all been trampled by Conservatives.

Sorry, but history is a cruel master!

womens right to votge; passed by gop run Congress
MLK was a republican
The epa, as predicted, is out of control

liberals have banned smoking in public, mandated salt intake, etc

but we are off topic

the end result is that this is not a tax, it's a safety valve to prevent any voter fraud.
Note I never said "REPUBLICAN". I said CONSERVATIVE. There's a difference between political party and political ideology. Conservatives are the stumbling blocks to freedoms. Always have been and, I presume always will be.

And there simply isn't the voter fraud Conservatives argue as a threat. The voter I.D. argument is about limiting citizen's right to vote.

Last edited:

Identification Card (initial) $13.50

You're disgusted over $13.50 :lol:

and that people should prove they have the legal right to vote in my state. :lol:

The issue is not that PennDOT is not charging for an ID, but rather, that the supporting documentation is not free. The instant any required thing becomes non-free as a prerequisite to voting, it becomes a poll tax, and poll taxes are unconstitutional.

So in order to get that ID (see prior paragraph), you would have to supply:

Social Security Card
AND
One of the following:
Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
Certificate of Naturalization
Valid U.S. Passport
*Birth Certificate with a raised seal
PLUS
Two proofs of **residency such as lease agreements, current utility bills, mortgage documents, W-2 form, tax records

It cost $10 to get a new copy of my social security card, and it costs at least that much to get a copy of my birth certificate.

And yes. I am not one of them, but many MANY people don't have $13.50 - and IMO, they shouldn't have to.

Besides. What is really shocking about the OP is that the man said this to begin with.

"Voter ID - which is going to allow Gov. Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania - done," Turzai

ok, nice post. concise and raises some points.

let me ask you then;

One of the following:
Valid U.S. Passport
PLUS
Two proofs of **residency such as lease agreements, current utility bills, mortgage documents, W-2 form, tax records

who , does not have at least on of these aside from the SSI card?

and, don't you think its a tad patronizing to assume these folks don't have any of the above? Or maybe......

Not everyone does things in their own best interests, hell, theres over what, a million people that could get their kids on Schip, but don't because, they are just to indolent or non caring to do so *shrugs*some folks just don't give a crap about voting, we got what, 64% of the populace voting last time?....see?

why does the right seek to make voting harder for legal American voters?

goo goo

The Right provides the obstacle to every social movement ever. Civil rights, women's rights, gay rights, worker's rights, environmental safety, and, yes, speech rights have all been trampled by Conservatives.

Sorry, but history is a cruel master!

MLK was a republican

but we are off topic

the end result is that this is not a tax, it's a safety valve to prevent any voter fraud.
Note i never said "REPUBLICAN". I said CONSERVATIVE. There's a difference between political party and political ideology. Conservatives are the stumbling blocks to freedoms. Always have been and, I presume always will be.

And there simply isn't the voter fraud Conservatives argue as a threat. The voter I.D. argument is about limiting citizen's right to vote.

Unless you mean religious conservatives, you couldn't be more wrong.

reps and everything to the left of them have no issue ignoring the Constitution.

and that people should prove they have the legal right to vote in my state. :lol:

The issue is not that PennDOT is not charging for an ID, but rather, that the supporting documentation is not free. The instant any required thing becomes non-free as a prerequisite to voting, it becomes a poll tax, and poll taxes are unconstitutional.

Social Security Card
AND
One of the following:
Valid U.S. Passport
PLUS

It cost $10 to get a new copy of my social security card, and it costs at least that much to get a copy of my birth certificate.

And yes. I am not one of them, but many MANY people don't have $13.50 - and IMO, they shouldn't have to.

Besides. What is really shocking about the OP is that the man said this to begin with.

"Voter ID - which is going to allow Gov. Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania - done," Turzai

let me ask you then;

One of the following:
Valid U.S. Passport
PLUS

and, don't you think its a tad patronizing to assume these folks don't have any of the above? Or maybe......

Not everyone does things in their own best interests, hell, theres over what, a million people that could get their kids on Schip, but don't because, they are just to indolent or non caring to do so *shrugs*some folks just don't give a crap about voting, we got what, 64% of the populace voting last time?....see?

I was on that list for a time. My marriage ended abruptly, I was living with my sister. When I got a job a few weeks later, my driver's license was not enough (and she loaned me the money for that) - I had to pay $10 for my social security card. At some point, I'll need more money for my birth certificate (since I didn't think to grab it on my way out the door).

I have a question. How many decades has this country NOT felt the need to make laws like this?

What's changed.

The whole voter I.D. argument from the Right is a solution looking for a problem. There just isn't the rampant voter fraud happening.

And when the Republicans applaud this purely political move that erodes rights, they are just keeping the consistency they pride themselves on.

No other ideology consistently erodes rights the way the modern Conservative ideology does.

ok, so let me ask, whats your over and under for "rampant" fraud?

hell, its part of accepted history now that Daly had dead people voting, stuffed ballot boxs and cheated his ass for JFK , so you think things have gotten better?

ensuring everyone is a valid voter is a win win for everyone*shrugs*

I also can't help wondering if they think it is that easy? Because I wouldn't just say "Oh, I can't vote? O, herp-a-derp." I would go do whatever I had to to retain my legal rights.

Social Security Card
AND
One of the following:
Valid U.S. Passport
PLUS

The asshole you support spent 730,000,000 dollars to buy the election in 2008, he claimed he would spend a billion this time........ why should any of your supporters have to pay shit, let mr. money pay for it.

Social Security Card
AND
One of the following:
Valid U.S. Passport
PLUS

let me ask you then;

One of the following:
Valid U.S. Passport
PLUS

I was on that list for a time. My marriage ended abruptly, I was living with my sister. When I got a job a few weeks later, my driver's license was not enough (and she loaned me the money for that) - I had to pay $10 for my social security card. At some point, I'll need more money for my birth certificate (since I didn't think to grab it on my way out the door).

I have a question. How many decades has this country NOT felt the need to make laws like this?

What's changed.

so how many people do you think have that issue? did you ask to vote provisionally?

whats changed? well for one thing, a guy walked into AG Holders polling place for voting and was actually offered a ballot and an opportunity to vote, he was white to boot:lol:......we are choking on data and the system has become a great deal more sophisticated and I dare say the jukers have become smarter......

MLK was a republican

but we are off topic

Note i never said "REPUBLICAN". I said CONSERVATIVE. There's a difference between political party and political ideology. Conservatives are the stumbling blocks to freedoms. Always have been and, I presume always will be.

Unless you mean religious conservatives, you couldn't be more wrong.

reps and everything to the left of them have no issue ignoring the Constitution.
You can't hide behind the skirts of the Religious Right if you are trying to defend the Conservative track record on the erosion of rights. The religious had little or nothing to do with snuffing out the ERA or unions or flag burning or child labor laws or environmental safe guards. Some of those things take money to fix. The religious don't look at the fiscal bottom line as much as the ecclesiastical bottom line.

The whole voter I.D. argument from the Right is a solution looking for a problem. There just isn't the rampant voter fraud happening. .

Not a lot of people steal plutonium, but you still want that to be illegal.

I also can't help wondering if they think it is that easy? Because I wouldn't just say "Oh, I can't vote? O, herp-a-derp." I would go do whatever I had to to retain my legal rights.

you don't have a 'legal' right unless you.....follow the process...

so you yourself just decided and said, that you would vote illegally if you had to.....:clap2: so, why not vote twice? say live or go to school in one state, vote there, and send in a absentee in an other? is that a problem? or just a herp a derp?

At some point, I'll need more money for my birth certificate (since I didn't think to grab it on my way out the door). .

If you can't "think to grab it" on your way out the door then maybe you shouldn't be voting.

The whole voter I.D. argument from the Right is a solution looking for a problem. There just isn't the rampant voter fraud happening.

And when the Republicans applaud this purely political move that erodes rights, they are just keeping the consistency they pride themselves on.

No other ideology consistently erodes rights the way the modern Conservative ideology does.

ok, so let me ask, whats your over and under for "rampant" fraud?

hell, its part of accepted history now that Daly had dead people voting, stuffed ballot boxs and cheated his ass for JFK , so you think things have gotten better?

ensuring everyone is a valid voter is a win win for everyone*shrugs*
Anecdotal at best. Show me the reports of voter fraud from the Departments of state of the various states. If there are cases of voter fraud that could be prevented by requiring a photo I.D. then we'll have something to talk about.

Otherwise, it is what it is: a Conservative drum beat to limit the pool of potential voters.

That amounts to a poll tax! And poll taxes have been roundly refuted by the courts.

It except it doesn't and courts have already validated Voter ID laws in other states.

Besides, it's not a tax, it's a "fee" for not complying with the law. Surely, you don't have a problem with that because you Obamabots were all about that last week.

some 'fees' are more equal than others;)

they prefer keeping people from voting.

its the only way they can win elections anymore

But I REALLY love the fact that they believe doing so will help Romney win. That's just the unmitigated cherry on top.

:thup: Way to have an agenda, people.

I would care less about who wins..... The point is if you want to vote you need to be a live body WITH photo ID.

True...

The left are just upset because they know the voter ID law will enforce the law....that you have to be a citizen, over 18, (and alive) to vote. THAT is how it will help Romney win. Obama won't have all the illegals and dead people to help him out.

Forum List

Back