Disgusting

Don't you need ID to get EBT, or the like?
It seems to me, that anyone in the 9% who does not have ID, could go to the DMV and get a photo ID issued before november.

Excellent faux rager though. i mean, I was steaming to find out that IDs would be required to make sure illegals, double votes etc don't spike the counts.

Raged, i tell ya.

Voter ID - which is going to allow Gov. Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania - done," Turzai told the crowd, which burst into applause, as he listed legislative accomplishments under GOP control.

Doesn't help the Republican position

You know what? IF Romney deserved to win, he would be able to do so without having shit like that done on his behalf.

and what difference would it make to obama then, using your view?

Identification Card (initial) $13.50

You're disgusted over $13.50 :lol:

and that people should prove they have the legal right to vote in my state. :lol:
That amounts to a poll tax! And poll taxes have been roundly refuted by the courts.

Not anymore.

Lets call it a 'mandate'. Paying a tax for not having ID.

yeah, that's it, it all makes sense now.

:lol:

Wanna cash a check? better have photo id
drive a car? photo id

and so on and so forth

The whole voter I.D. argument from the Right is a solution looking for a problem. There just isn't the rampant voter fraud happening.

And when the Republicans applaud this purely political move that erodes rights, they are just keeping the consistency they pride themselves on.

No other ideology consistently erodes rights the way the modern Conservative ideology does.

Complete and utter bullshit.

Liberalism has reduced an array of rights.

the right to bear arms is now the right to own certain hands guns and certain ammo
the right to free speech, is AOK unless you get angry and hateful, then you can end up in jail.
and now you learned that you can mandate that anything be bought.
The Right provides the obstacle to every social movement ever. Civil rights, women's rights, gay rights, worker's rights, environmental safety, and, yes, speech rights have all been trampled by Conservatives.

Sorry, but history is a cruel master!

and that people should prove they have the legal right to vote in my state. :lol:

The issue is not that PennDOT is not charging for an ID, but rather, that the supporting documentation is not free. The instant any required thing becomes non-free as a prerequisite to voting, it becomes a poll tax, and poll taxes are unconstitutional.

So in order to get that ID (see prior paragraph), you would have to supply:

Social Security Card
AND
One of the following:
Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
Certificate of Naturalization
Valid U.S. Passport
*Birth Certificate with a raised seal
PLUS
Two proofs of **residency such as lease agreements, current utility bills, mortgage documents, W-2 form, tax records

It cost $10 to get a new copy of my social security card, and it costs at least that much to get a copy of my birth certificate.

And yes. I am not one of them, but many MANY people don't have $13.50 - and IMO, they shouldn't have to.

Besides. What is really shocking about the OP is that the man said this to begin with.

"Voter ID - which is going to allow Gov. Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania - done," Turzai

I Don't Care What He Said

since it was most likely out of context, again.

and if anyone seriously can't get an id, then they are just fucked up in the head.

This is not like Obamacare, where you are FORCED to either buy insurance or they tax you for not doing it. A person is not going to get fined, or taxed, because they can't get a proper ID to vote.

I'm all for voter ID....and most people will have no problem getting the ID they need. I do think if a state makes it a law, that people under a certain income should not have to pay for it. The Gov't wastes so much money anyway it wouldn't hurt to pay for people to have the proper ID to be able to vote. I don't like the idea of anyone not being able to vote just because they don't have the little bit of money needed to get the proper ID.

Yes, disenfranchising the homeless seems an excellent plan.

No one is keeping the homeless from getting ID...execpt the homeless themselves. I am also very sure that acorn will be rounding them all up giving them real or fake id's anyway.....

There is also no prof the disenfranchised are voting either.

the only way republicans can win elections anymore is to keep people from voting

That amounts to a poll tax! And poll taxes have been roundly refuted by the courts.

It except it doesn't and courts have already validated Voter ID laws in other states.

Besides, it's not a tax, it's a "fee" for not complying with the law. Surely, you don't have a problem with that because you Obamabots were all about that last week.

But I REALLY love the fact that they believe doing so will help Romney win. That's just the unmitigated cherry on top.

:thup: Way to have an agenda, people.

I would care less about who wins..... The point is if you want to vote you need to be a live body WITH photo ID.

The key issue is that Republicans are putting obstructions to voting without any proof of widespread voter fraud in Pennsylvania

Being so blatant about the true intent of the law is revealing. Hope the courts take notice

The whole voter I.D. argument from the Right is a solution looking for a problem. There just isn't the rampant voter fraud happening.

And when the Republicans applaud this purely political move that erodes rights, they are just keeping the consistency they pride themselves on.

No other ideology consistently erodes rights the way the modern Conservative ideology does.

Tell it to Charlie Rangel.

Complete and utter bullshit.

Liberalism has reduced an array of rights.

the right to bear arms is now the right to own certain hands guns and certain ammo
the right to free speech, is AOK unless you get angry and hateful, then you can end up in jail.
and now you learned that you can mandate that anything be bought.
The Right provides the obstacle to every social movement ever. Civil rights, women's rights, gay rights, worker's rights, environmental safety, and, yes, speech rights have all been trampled by Conservatives.

Sorry, but history is a cruel master!

womens right to votge; passed by gop run Congress
MLK was a republican
The epa, as predicted, is out of control

liberals have banned smoking in public, mandated salt intake, etc

but we are off topic

the end result is that this is not a tax, it's a safety valve to prevent any voter fraud.

New Topics

Forum List

Back