Discussion Forums

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I need some help.

For several years, I've been a regular contributor to The Politics Forum @ The Politics Forums

Suddenly, the format has been changed and, no matter which of 4 browsers I use, it's nearly impossible to read or post on.

So, I'm looking for another forum similar to that and USMB.

Any and all suggestions welcome. :)

I had that happen to me about a year ago.

Come to find out that my Apple computer needed to be updated to the latest version of software.

Had it installed and everything went back to normal. .... :cool:

It may have to do with your preferences within your profile on the site.
I have seen this happen before, what happens is they update the forums software and a few old "skins" or color changes the user has made no longer work.
So your screen looks weird or doesn't work at all.

I have seen this happen before, what happens is they update the forums software and a few old "skins" or color changes the user has made no longer work.

I just wish I could fix it and their Admin isn't returning my messages.

Try to login, go to your profile and somewhere there should be a choice to "Reset to Default"... if you can do that, I bet $50 that solves it.

Try to login, go to your profile and somewhere there should be a choice to "Reset to Default"... if you can do that, I bet $50 that solves it.

Thanks. Searched everywhere with no luck.

I need some help.

For several years, I've been a regular contributor to The Politics Forum @ The Politics Forums

Suddenly, the format has been changed and, no matter which of 4 browsers I use, it's nearly impossible to read or post on.

I just went to your link via Slimjet and Mypal browsers on XP Pro...without problem. Never tried to join, as I have enough forums to deal with. Could the forum be blocking you?

I need some help.

I just went to your link via Slimjet and Mypal browsers on XP Pro...without problem. Never tried to join, as I have enough forums to deal with. Could the forum be blocking you?

Right now, I have enough to keep me busy with USMB and The Politics Forum.

I need some help.

Slimjet and Mypal appear to be common themes in much of your posting........ Registered partner?

I need some help.

Slimjet and Mypal appear to be common themes in much of your posting........ Registered partner?

When someone asks about browsers for Win XP, there are limited options....that is, there are limited options that actually work. I went through at least ten, probably more. The 'popular' ones are touted here:
Browsers for Windows XP
Why most of these are popular, who knows? Maxthon and K-Meleon are hit and miss on their best days, while Centaury, SRWare Iron and Slimjet are not even mentioned. I recommend those that I tried and kept because they actually work. I don't talk up Opera as that crap is like malware....I'll have to have my tech guy remove it, as it has resisted everything I have tried, including File Unlocker and MoveOnBoot. I don't talk up Vivaldi or Brave as neither works on XP Pro. I have no affiliation with nor a "partner" of any software, including XP Pro and MX Linux, which are even more "common themes" in my postings.

I need some help.

When someone asks about browsers for Win XP, there are limited options....that is, there are limited options that actually work. I went through at least ten, probably more. The 'popular' ones are touted here:
Browsers for Windows XP
Why most of these are popular, who knows? Maxthon and K-Meleon are hit and miss on their best days, while Centaury, SRWare Iron and Slimjet are not even mentioned. I recommend those that I tried and kept because they actually work. I don't talk up Opera as that crap is like malware....I'll have to have my tech guy remove it, as it has resisted everything I have tried, including File Unlocker and MoveOnBoot. I don't talk up Vivaldi or Brave as neither works on XP Pro. I have no affiliation with nor a "partner" of any software, including XP Pro and MX Linux, which are even more "common themes" in my postings.
Just askin' because no one in this thread mentioned XP........ Geeze.......

Forum List

Back