How do you get a torrent installed?

There's a software I want but don't know how to do torrents.

Well, while I am uncertain as to the legality of either discussing torrent sharing on USMB or of downloading torrents in whatever region you live in I think it is okay to point out the utorrent file sharing program which you can download legally for free and which has a built in torrent search function.

As for installing a torrented program, most come in the form of ISO or disc images which must either be burned to a disc for installation or mounted on a virtual drive. Just Google ISO mounting/installation software. Lastly, never under any circumstance download or open a torrent file that is zipped or compressed. Virus city, likely.

Personally, and in my experience, it's always better to buy the software rather than risk consequences from internet service providers or even law enforcement depending on your region/nation. And after all, someone worked very hard to code the program, so.

Well, while I am uncertain as to the legality of either discussing torrent sharing on USMB or of downloading torrents in whatever region you live in I think it is okay to point out the utorrent file sharing program which you can download legally for free and which has a built in torrent search function.

As for installing a torrented program, most come in the form of ISO or disc images which must either be burned to a disc for installation or mounted on a virtual drive. Just Google ISO mounting/installation software. Lastly, never under any circumstance download or open a torrent file that is zipped or compressed. Virus city, likely.

Personally, and in my experience, it's always better to buy the software rather than risk consequences from internet service providers or even law enforcement depending on your region/nation. And after all, someone worked very hard to code the program, so.

Well, I would except it's $300 dollars. I don't understand how torrents work :lol: Thanks for the info. Why are torrents illegal that seems stupid.

Well, I would except it's $300 dollars. I don't understand how torrents work :lol: Thanks for the info. Why are torrents illegal that seems stupid.

It's ummmm ... stealing.

It's ummmm ... stealing.

Well, people make copies of cd's or get music I mean the same dif, yet everyone has done it in life. Obviously, I don't know how to do a torrent and won't be stealing otherwise this thread would not exist. But its stupid to be such a big deal go after human trafficker and terrorists.

It's ummmm ... stealing.

Well, people make copies of cd's or get music I mean the same dif, yet everyone has done it in life. Obviously, I don't know how to do a torrent and won't be stealing otherwise this thread would not exist. But its stupid to be such a big deal go after human trafficker and terrorists.

China makes billion$ off American intellectual property.

It's ummmm ... stealing.

As a student you can get many uh hum overly expensive software programs for a free trial or at reduced cost.

It's ummmm ... stealing.

Well, people make copies of cd's or get music I mean the same dif, yet everyone has done it in life.

Millennial?

It's ummmm ... stealing.

China makes billion$ off American intellectual property.

I get your point. But I still wish I had this :lol: oh well.

It's ummmm ... stealing.

As a student you can get many uh hum overly expensive software programs for a free trial or at reduced cost.

It's entertainment software. I already graduated so I don't get student discounts anymore.

It's ummmm ... stealing.

Well, people make copies of cd's or get music I mean the same dif, yet everyone has done it in life.

Millennial?

Nope lady in her 40's. (just immature)

It's ummmm ... stealing.

It's entertainment software. I already graduated so I don't get student discounts anymore.
Which one? (what's the name of the software?)

It's ummmm ... stealing.

Kepler Astrology. :lol:

There are numerous Torrent client programs... I used uTorrent for years.
It is no more difficult than installing anyother software.
WARNING:... today ISP providers look for software/media pirating. Especially on the upload side, which people not familiar with torrenting have no idea they are uploading the files they copied 24 hours a day to all comers.
I have pirated 100's of movies before the industry made a viable streaming alternative available. Now I rent them legally.
My advice,,,, don't do it. It isn't safe anymore for those not familiar with the process.

It's ummmm ... stealing.

Free The Astrologer Alternatives - AlternativeTo.net

Free The Astrologer Alternatives - AlternativeTo.net

Thanks. Those won't do. The Kepler program has treasure maps unique to just that program. Nobody else has it.

It's ummmm ... stealing.

People make copies of CD's they have purchased most of the time. Some make them for friends, an illegal act.

Copyright infringement is serious and the use of a torrent can only be explained as a desire to steal someone's work without paying for it.

Now that I've covered the ethics of torrents...

I disavow any knowledge of them.

:biggrin:

It's ummmm ... stealing.

People make copies of CD's they have purchased most of the time. Some make them for friends, an illegal act.

Copyright infringement is serious and the use of a torrent can only be explained as a desire to steal someone's work without paying for it.

Now that I've covered the ethics of torrents...

I disavow any knowledge of them.

:biggrin:

I have burned many movies years ago.
I still have two case things full of them. At the time I justified the act because there was no good alternative available other than paying thru the nose to buy a movie, go see in theater and be disappointed yet again, or wait months for DVD rental.
So I pirated instead.
Now of course there are multiple streaming options available...so I rent legally.

Forum List

Back