Diplomatic Coup for President Obama

Friends of the Earth called the sudden turn of events “a disaster for the world’s poorest.” Avaaz (which means “voice” in many languages) slammed the “historic failure,” saying it marked “the collapse of international efforts to sign a binding global treaty that can stop catastrophic climate change.”

Oxfam International described the climate deal as “a historical cop-out” and “a triumph of spin over substance.”

Said the World Wide Fund for Nature: “After years of negotiations we now have a declaration of will which does not bind anyone and therefore fails to guarantee a safer future for next generations.”

Obama throws climate change talks into uproar - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

China has voluntarily launched mitigation measures and put the munder the supervision of domestic law and mass media, said Wen.

China is also willing to carry out international dialogue and cooperation on transparency of its mitigation measures, he said.

The Chinese side welcomes the promise of the United States to provide financial support to the least developed countries, said Wen, noting that the key is to take concrete action to help developing countries deal with climate change.

Chinese premier meets Obama over climate change_English_Xinhua

Forgive me, but going to Denmark where everyone with the exception of a few agree with your position and then emerge and say we have a non-binding agreement is basically like saying that the entire Pittsburgh Steelers Offense agree's to try to move the ball down the field. The Chinese are happy that the US is committed to borrowing more money from them to improve their infrastructure at the American taxpayers expense so that they can meet climate change goals which they don't intend to meet anyway. If this is what is now considered a win, then that is a large lowering of expectations,

The Chinese thought giving Obama the cold shoulder would make the global warmist go away.

The accord says greenhouse gases and other emissions by all nations must be reduced enough to prevent average global temperatures - the key index of global warming - from rising more than two degrees Celsius. However, it does not set specific emissions guidelines for achieving that goal.
China Hails Climate Change Agreement | Asia | English

In the end the results of the conference in Denmark was an agreement to agree to agree and nothing more. It is not binding, and is not enforceable and will not have the participation of 2 of the largest producers of green house gases. If one wishes to call this a victory then please be my guest, however it would seem more prudent to take money that you plan to spend to rebuild other nations infrastructure and energy production to meet goals, on yourself first before you set out to spend them on others.

Not easy to get 193 nations to agree on something as contentious as climate change. Great job by President Obama

U.N. chief says 'we have a deal' on climate change - USATODAY.com

Two weeks of wrangling at Copenhagen exposed sharp divisions between rich and poor nations — and even among major greenhouse-gas emitters like China and the United States— on how to fight global warming.

Yet in the end, nearly all 193 nations at the U.N. climate conference agreed to President Barack Obama's solution, which points toward deeper emissions cuts for rich nations but without mandatory targets that would draw sanctions.

Obama's successful 11th-hour bargaining Friday with China, India, Brazil and South Africa— the world's key developing nations — sets the stage for future cooperation between developed and developing nations. But the resulting "Copenhagen Accord" was protested by several nations that demanded deeper emissions cuts by the industrialized world and felt excluded from the major-nation bargaining process.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA-HAHAHAHAHAHA-
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Obamessiah got 193 nations to "agree" to "do" nothing in particular.

One of our ALLIES nailed it: "Copenhagen summit: Delegates opt for climate cop-out in compromise deal" The headline in the DailyRecord.co .ukCopenhagen summit: Delegates opt for climate cop-out in compromise deal - The Daily Record :lol:

WHAT an accomplishment! :lol:

Fuck. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I didn't even have to GO there to get every one of those nations to do nothing!

President Obama authors historic agreement on nothing! :clap2:

Not easy to get 193 nations to agree on something as contentious as climate change. Great job by President Obama

Two weeks of wrangling at Copenhagen exposed sharp divisions between rich and poor nations — and even among major greenhouse-gas emitters like China and the United States— on how to fight global warming.

Yet in the end, nearly all 193 nations at the U.N. climate conference agreed to President Barack Obama's solution, which points toward deeper emissions cuts for rich nations but without mandatory targets that would draw sanctions.

Obama's successful 11th-hour bargaining Friday with China, India, Brazil and South Africa— the world's key developing nations — sets the stage for future cooperation between developed and developing nations. But the resulting "Copenhagen Accord" was protested by several nations that demanded deeper emissions cuts by the industrialized world and felt excluded from the major-nation bargaining process.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

One of our ALLIES nailed it: "Copenhagen summit: Delegates opt for climate cop-out in compromise deal" The headline in the DailyRecord.co .ukCopenhagen summit: Delegates opt for climate cop-out in compromise deal - The Daily Record :lol:

I have peer reviewed this post and found it 100% accurate

If I read the Times article correctly, which I did, the three page document was "noted" not accepted by the 193 nations. Its existence was acknowledged but not approved. The deal was struck by the rich larger nations and the poor smaller ones felt slighted. Way to piss off China AND over 100 small countries Mr. Obama.

Credit where credit is due. Obama - all by himself - managed to get 193 nations to 'note' a document. Damn, you right wingers can't bear to see him solving the world's greatest problem, can you?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It is, indeed, a 'coup' for the Messiah. Nothing short of a miracle! All 193 nations read a few pages of text. Brilliant! Well worth the $200m (approx) spent on the conference. Worth every one of the 41,000 tonnes of CO2 emmissions expended on this conference.

Yes, in fact he did. To get consensus out of 193 nations while nobody said you could is an accomplishment

Meanwhile, our Republican Party elected to send their own representative to Copenhagen. Spouting the Republican Party line, Senator Inhofe provided a rousing speech to inform the delegates that his party did not believe in manmade global warming and that everyone should just go home. Inhofe was roundly ridiculed and went back home after two hours in Copenhagen.

Another fine example of Republican diplomacy

He accomplished NOTHING, no reductions guarantee no reduced emmisions agreement, he gave a speech as usual, or read a telepromter, and accomplished nothing.

Barack Obama's speech disappoints and fuels frustration at Copenhagen | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Barack Obama's speech disappoints and fuels frustration at CopenhagenUS president offers no further commitment on reducing emissions or on finance to poor countries

Last edited:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hey it's a diplomatic coup of biblical proportions!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hey it's a diplomatic coup of biblical proportions!

It could be the premise of a new Seinfeld episode.

At least we can all agree Global Warming is the Greatest Scientific Fraud in history

And yet...when the republicans went to Copenhagen to push that very same position...they were laughed off the Continent

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I have peer reviewed your peer review and found it to be 1,000% accurate. $$. :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I have peer reviewed your peer review and found it to be 1,000% accurate. $$. :D

Well, I guess it's not that unusual for 3 Cons in a row to be completely wrong... :eusa_think:

Well, I guess it's not that unusual for 3 Cons in a row to be completely wrong... :eusa_think:

And it's totally the NORM for a dumbass dipshit liberoid to be stupid.

We're poking fun at all your Warmer-"Scientists" and their fucking "peer-reviews" of their (fake) data that says we're all doomed because of man-made global fucking warming.

You're just too damned stupid to realize this. Dumbass. :lol: :woohoo: :rofl:

We're poking fun at all your Warmer-"Scientists" and their fucking "peer-reviews" of their (fake) data that says we're all doomed because of man-made global fucking warming.

Drunk again, Jeny? :)

Drunk again, Jeny? :)

Nope. Unlike you, I don't drink. I don't waste my time on drinking. Not to mention with the amount of driving I do with twin not quite 15 year olds in residence, I can't afford the DUI or the hangovers later.

That would be YOUR department. :D

Try again, dipshit. :funnyface:

Just what do you think they are wrong about Sarah G? Wrong that British papers widely panned the "noted" NOT accepted three page Obama weasel position? That Obama was repeatedly treated like a third world leader by China? That no one commited to anywhere near the $100b. requested annually? That for all Obama's apologies, Venezuela trashed talked him?

Obama would have been more diplomatic validating everyone's parking. They would have felt it equal to his abilities as well.

Just what do you think they are wrong about Sarah G? Wrong that British papers widely panned the "noted" NOT accepted three page Obama weasel position? That Obama was repeatedly treated like a third world leader by China? That no one commited to anywhere near the $100b. requested annually? That for all Obama's apologies, Venezuela trashed talked him?

Obama would have been more diplomatic validating everyone's parking. They would have felt it equal to his abilities as well.

Yep, our King is a joke--a parking attendant on the world stage. Geez.

Forum List

Back