Diebold now admits serious flaw in ALL software

So are you saying that because of the software errors, Obama was able to pick up an extra 9,522,083 votes?

:eek:

WOW!!! Some error!!!

:lol:
who?
not me

No. The you was supposed to be a nebulous "you". Like "all-y'all" or "yous guys".

Or maybe the thread starter.
i dont think anyone(major) stole any election
some lower level elections may have been fucked with, and fucked with more than a las vegas hooker

Nailed it divecon I don't care what system you use. Anything of which the mind of man can concieve the assholes will find someway to muck up the system.

The complaints (at least from me) are not about any particular election being thrown, but about how vulnerable our vote system is.

It is entirely appropriate in a democracy to not blindly trust those who run and count elections. There are probably crooks in the system and even if there aren't oversight is appropriate.

Hacks have been demonstrated,

Crimes are being prosecuted,

... I think most people would agree this is a reasonable way for the justic system to work - since we all agree that people have a motivation to alter election results, oversight and information about the vulnerabilities, investigations and legal action against crooks is all good for our democracy.

We can do better than these machines! Optical scans should be workable, but then touch screen with a back up paper trail should be too.

I think independent polling is a good independent indicatopr of the public will in elections.

The complaints (at least from me) are not about any particular election being thrown, but about how vulnerable our vote system is.

It is entirely appropriate in a democracy to not blindly trust those who run and count elections. There are probably crooks in the system and even if there aren't oversight is appropriate.

Hacks have been demonstrated,

Crimes are being prosecuted,

... I think most people would agree this is a reasonable way for the justic system to work - since we all agree that people have a motivation to alter election results, oversight and information about the vulnerabilities, investigations and legal action against crooks is all good for our democracy.

We can do better than these machines! Optical scans should be workable, but then touch screen with a back up paper trail should be too.

I think independent polling is a good independent indicatopr of the public will in elections.

All of those systems you mentioned can be hacked just as easily .... especially if you have access to the machines the data is stored on. I still cannot understand why one particular system seems more vulnerable to you than all the others? At least you got the point that the people who control the system need to be watched better, but still, why are you so against one specific system?

there is no such thing as a hack free computer system
any and all rules for the elections depend totally on the election workers being trustworthy
lacking that, all elections have a cloud of doubt over them
look at King County WA
tell me it wasnt fishy how that governors race was a couple elections ago

there is no such thing as a hack free computer system
any and all rules for the elections depend totally on the election workers being trustworthy
lacking that, all elections have a cloud of doubt over them
look at King County WA
tell me it wasnt fishy how that governors race was a couple elections ago

Don't FUCKING remind me ...

Oh, and both parties are still trying that bullshit today.

Forum List

Back