Diebold now admits serious flaw in ALL software

The funny thing is that I have never worried about votes being deleted from the machines, but I have always worried about votes being changed.

It wouldn't be hard to plant code that changed X number of votes after Y number of votes had been cast (Y would be inserted to overcome the standard accuracy tests) in order to sway an election or changing votes cast only between certain hours on certain days i.e. election day. I am not at all insinuating that this has happened, but it could happen. What bothers me is not the idea of someone "hacking" into the machines to effect an outcome, but rather the programmers being bought by one party or the other.

And please don't tell me one party or the other is above such criminal activity!

Immie

Could be done with paper votes just as easily.

Could and probably has been. Gore? Franken?

For that matter how in the world can we positively know that any election results are accurate? We can't. We are supposed to rely on our trust of the election officials. Well, I am sorry to admit, that my elected officials have lost my trust.

Immie

Well ... we are on the same page then, if you back a bit further in the thread.

Could be done with paper votes just as easily.

Could and probably has been. Gore? Franken?

For that matter how in the world can we positively know that any election results are accurate? We can't. We are supposed to rely on our trust of the election officials. Well, I am sorry to admit, that my elected officials have lost my trust.

Immie

Well ... we are on the same page then, if you back a bit further in the thread.
i'm about on the same page

but i'm just sick of the whining about elections lost because someone "cheated"
they only seem to care when their guy lost

Help America Vote Act - SourceWatch

It was sponsered by an R.

the dems voted for it in large part bacuse they did not realise that the majority of companies who made these things were right wing republicans.

Guess who owns SourceWatch??

Center for Media & Democracy

Center for Media & Democracy
520 University Avenue, Suite 310, Madison, WI 53703
Phone 608-260-9713 | Fax 608-260-9714 | Email [email protected]

The Center for Media & Democracy (CMD) is a counterculture public relations effort disguised as an independent media organization. CMD isn’t really a center it would be more accurate to call it a partnership, since it is essentially a two-person operation.

HAVA requires all voting systems be auditable and produce a permanent paper record with a manual audit capacity available as an official record for any recount conducted.

the bill also had two Democratic and one aditional Republican sponsor and the Boston globe referenced the Bill as bipatisan.

Gotr any evidence regarding Coleman or is that an assumption.
in some of the reports i read on the whole thing, it stinks from both sides
coleman is trying to discredit what seem to be valid ballots just because they voted for Franken, and franken is doing the same damn thing
i'm not going to call one of them a cheater and not the other when they are BOTH doing it

The operative word is seem to be. Please explain to me what a Democrat is doing hauling around a bunch of absentee ballots in the trunk of his car. Seems to me that Franken's bunch created a bunch of fake ballots out of whole cloth and are busily trying to stuff them through.

The people with the most ready access to the machines is the county election board...

I saw this new item on Brad Blog today.

Over the years, we've detailed the arrests and other unsavory behavior of many of the not-so-good election officials who, we were told, should simply have been trusted (our "favorite" has always been the case of Monterey CA's Tony Anchundo, who told us on air we should "trust" him, just a month or two before being arrested on 43 counts).

Well, now we've got a whole passel of still more crooked officials to add to the list. Moreover: The Kentucky officials arrested and indicted today, "including the circuit court judge, the county clerk, and election officers" of Clay County, have been charged with "chang[ing] votes at the voting machine" and showing others how to do it!

You can find the press coverage of the story at the Lexington KY NBC affiliate:

LEX18 - Lexington, KY - News, Weather, Sports - Several Clay County Officials Arrested On Federal Charges

Five Clay County officials, including the circuit court judge, the county clerk, and election officers were arrested Thursday after they were indicted on federal charges accusing them of using corrupt tactics to obtain political power and personal gain.

The 10-count indictment, unsealed Thursday, accused the defendants of a conspiracy from March 2002 until November 2006 that violated the Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO). RICO is a federal statute that prosecutors use to combat organized crime. The defendants were also indicted for extortion, mail fraud, obstruction of justice, conspiracy to injure voters' rights and conspiracy to commit voter fraud.

According to the indictment, these alleged criminal actions affected the outcome of federal, local, and state primary and general elections in 2002, 2004, and 2006.

and...

Clay County Clerk, Freddy Thompson, 45, allegedly provided money to election officers to be distributed by the officers to buy votes and he also instructed officers how to change votes at the voting machine.
Election officer William E. Stivers, 56, allegedly marked votes or issued tickets to voters who had sold their votes and changed votes at the voting machine.
Paul E. Bishop, 60, allegedly marked voters or issued tickets to voters who sold their votes and he also hosted alleged meetings at his home where money was pooled together by candidates and distributed to election officers, including himself. He was also accused of instructing the officers how to change votes at the voting machine.

The BRAD BLOG : KY Election Officials Arrested, Charged With 'Changing Votes at E-Voting Machines'

The people with the most ready access to the machines is the county election board...

I saw this new item on Brad Blog today.

Over the years, we've detailed the arrests and other unsavory behavior of many of the not-so-good election officials who, we were told, should simply have been trusted (our "favorite" has always been the case of Monterey CA's Tony Anchundo, who told us on air we should "trust" him, just a month or two before being arrested on 43 counts).

Well, now we've got a whole passel of still more crooked officials to add to the list. Moreover: The Kentucky officials arrested and indicted today, "including the circuit court judge, the county clerk, and election officers" of Clay County, have been charged with "chang[ing] votes at the voting machine" and showing others how to do it!

You can find the press coverage of the story at the Lexington KY NBC affiliate:

LEX18 - Lexington, KY - News, Weather, Sports - Several Clay County Officials Arrested On Federal Charges

Five Clay County officials, including the circuit court judge, the county clerk, and election officers were arrested Thursday after they were indicted on federal charges accusing them of using corrupt tactics to obtain political power and personal gain.

The 10-count indictment, unsealed Thursday, accused the defendants of a conspiracy from March 2002 until November 2006 that violated the Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO). RICO is a federal statute that prosecutors use to combat organized crime. The defendants were also indicted for extortion, mail fraud, obstruction of justice, conspiracy to injure voters' rights and conspiracy to commit voter fraud.

According to the indictment, these alleged criminal actions affected the outcome of federal, local, and state primary and general elections in 2002, 2004, and 2006.

and...

Clay County Clerk, Freddy Thompson, 45, allegedly provided money to election officers to be distributed by the officers to buy votes and he also instructed officers how to change votes at the voting machine.
Election officer William E. Stivers, 56, allegedly marked votes or issued tickets to voters who had sold their votes and changed votes at the voting machine.
Paul E. Bishop, 60, allegedly marked voters or issued tickets to voters who sold their votes and he also hosted alleged meetings at his home where money was pooled together by candidates and distributed to election officers, including himself. He was also accused of instructing the officers how to change votes at the voting machine.

The BRAD BLOG : KY Election Officials Arrested, Charged With 'Changing Votes at E-Voting Machines'
now, would it have mattered one bit to them if they had Diebold machines, another companies machines, or plain paper ballots?

NO!!!!!!!!!!

Well it sounds like we agree then, that (1) Diebold (and ESS and Sequoia and etc) is competely unsafe and (2) we need a better system.

Thank you for your support. :)

Well it sounds like we agree then, that (1) Diebold (and ESS and Sequoia and etc) is competely unsafe and (2) we need a better system.

Thank you for your support. :)
WRONG
the point is it doesnt MATTER what machine or voting method they use, if they are crooks to begin with

btw, i have been a supporter of optical scan ballots for years
they are faster to read(machine counts) and have a paper copy if needed

Last edited:
So are you saying that because of the software errors, Obama was able to pick up an extra 9,522,083 votes?

:eek:

WOW!!! Some error!!!

:lol:

Forum List

Back