did Trump kill people in Vegas ?

On Tuesday, President Trump signed a bill that overturned an Obama-era rule designed to stop certain individuals with mental disorders from buying guns.

Issued near the end of Obama's presidency, the rule banned gun ownership by people who are on Social Security disability because they have mental health problems that prevent them from working and who must have someone manage their financial affairs. The Social Security Administration would have been required to send the names of these beneficiaries to the federal system that does background checks on people applying for gun licenses.

According to press reports, about 75,000 people would have been affected by the regulation had it been implemented. The Social Security Administration approved the rule on December 19, 2016, but under the Congressional Review Act, Congress has 60 legislative days to disapprove of any new regulation by majority vote.

by the way mentally ill people, buy guns, and Have a good time.

Is this how Paddock bought his weapons?

Just an FYI for you, those of us who live here are getting really tired of you assclowns on both sides politicizing our tragedy. It's tactless and selfish on your part.
They're programmed to immediately identify anything in a tragic event that they feel provides them with some perceived political advantage and to run with it.

Partisan politics, yuck. Ugly.
Says the partisan hack. Yeah, Taz might be fooled but most aren't.
Yeah, I get that from the right wingers too.

How similar you folks are to each other!

:laugh:
right wingers claim you fool taz?
And once again the Regressives just have to make a thread about ol' Mac.

My positions on the issues are laid out clearly in the link at the end of the second line of my sig.

Please stop trolling the thread. It ain't about me. If I triggered you with my comment on partisans, too bad.

Now, back to the thread, please.

On Tuesday, President Trump signed a bill that overturned an Obama-era rule designed to stop certain individuals with mental disorders from buying guns.

Issued near the end of Obama's presidency, the rule banned gun ownership by people who are on Social Security disability because they have mental health problems that prevent them from working and who must have someone manage their financial affairs. The Social Security Administration would have been required to send the names of these beneficiaries to the federal system that does background checks on people applying for gun licenses.

According to press reports, about 75,000 people would have been affected by the regulation had it been implemented. The Social Security Administration approved the rule on December 19, 2016, but under the Congressional Review Act, Congress has 60 legislative days to disapprove of any new regulation by majority vote.

No, Trump didn't kill anyone. Why? Because the shooting happened on Sunday, and Trump didn't sign the legislation until Tuesday. If it had been the opposite (signed on Sunday and shooting on Tuesday), then maybe you might have had something.

But..............sadly................just like many other posts by many other people, this one is highly partisan, as well as the title is hyperbolic.

That being said, I don't think that bump stocks should be legal.

No, Trump didn't kill anyone. Why? Because the shooting happened on Sunday, and Trump didn't sign the legislation until Tuesday. If it had been the opposite (signed on Sunday and shooting on Tuesday), then maybe you might have had something.

But..............sadly................just like many other posts by many other people, this one is highly partisan, as well as the title is hyperbolic.

I saw that Wal Mart pulled them, and we'll probably see more of that. Good.

Is this how Paddock bought his weapons?

Just an FYI for you, those of us who live here are getting really tired of you assclowns on both sides politicizing our tragedy. It's tactless and selfish on your part.
They're programmed to immediately identify anything in a tragic event that they feel provides them with some perceived political advantage and to run with it.

Partisan politics, yuck. Ugly.
Says the partisan hack. Yeah, Taz might be fooled but most aren't.
Yeah, I get that from the right wingers too.

How similar you folks are to each other!

:laugh:
right wingers claim you fool taz?
And once again the Regressives just have to make a thread about ol' Mac.

My positions on the issues are laid out clearly in the link at the end of the second line of my sig.

Please stop trolling the thread. It ain't about me. If I triggered you with my comment on partisans, too bad.

Now, back to the thread, please.
pointing out that you are a partisan hack is pointing out that you're a partisan hack. You read a lot into things that aren't there.

Why did he do that though?

Stephen Paddock, the man whose Las Vegas shooting rampage killed 58 people and left more than 500 injured, bought 33 guns in the past year, a law enforcement official said Wednesday.

Some of Paddock’s gun purchases date back more than 20 years, but authorities have determined that more than 30 of the firearms were acquired in the past 12 months, the official said.

The official who is not authorized to comment publicly said that most of the recent purchases were rifles. Authorities have been closely examining the buying spree in an effort to determine what drove the 64-year-old man to launch the deadliest shooting in modern American history.

Under federal law, gun stores are required to report multiple handgun purchases to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives but not multiple rifle purchases.

The lack of notification for multiple rifle purchases creates a loophole where people can stockpile assault weapons, similar in design to those used by the military and police SWAT teams, with little federal detection, said David Chipman, a former ATF special agent and senior policy adviser at Americans for Responsible Solutions, which advocates for stricter gun rules.

Over the years, ATF agents have tried to get the rule expanded to long rifles, as a way to crack down on gun trafficking, he said.
I guess I don't understand your point. If I was a multi-millionaire and wanted to purchase guns, at the rate of 2.5 per month, how is that illegal? If I want to own 5,000 guns, how is that wrong?

The question is why would anyone make it easier for mentally ill people to get guns?

Unless they make up a good part of your constituency. Just a general question from your Uncle Larr.

actually, any you cut it Trump made it possible for 75,000 deranged middle aged people just like the Vegas shooter to be able to buy guns and stay off the radar when they do.
and your boy obama made it possible for millions to purchase bump stocks

actually, any you cut it Trump made it possible for 75,000 deranged middle aged people just like the Vegas shooter to be able to buy guns and stay off the radar when they do.
and your boy obama made it possible for millions to purchase bump stocks

another bump stocks kill idiot .... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you cant help morons with obamaitis ...

/—-/ It’s all Obama’s fault. His ATF legalized bump stocks.

Trump let them produce the gasoline the shooter put in his car so he could drive to the hotel.

I have a stock ar15 and Ive had it machine gun on me for no reason maybe for occasional malfuntion
sometimes thell do it for no reason

So i guess we should just go around with scary looking toys?

that explains the 'scary feature' AWBs.

Fake guns would be 99.99% effective.

yeah, except when the other guy is not just some kid looking for an easy score and has no problem actually murdering you.

People who have fired in defense are as rare as Bigfoot. Don't be so scared.
95% of the times guns are used for defensive purposes they are never fired. Simply pointing a weapon at a perp is enough to scare him off.

Are you kidding me?

No, because the individual was not on SSD but please make a reach like the typical nutter!

I have a stock ar15 and Ive had it machine gun on me for no reason maybe for occasional malfuntion
sometimes thell do it for no reason

For a semi-auto rifle, if you hold the stock about 1 inch from your shoulder, keep your trigger finger in one position while pushing on the front constantly, the thing will 'machine gun' So called 'bump stocks' do the same thing, just more efficiently. Either way, the technique is not very accurate but then, Paddock did not have to be accurate from his perch above his target. He just rained down lead on them. Personally, I think he had multiple loaded guns with bump stocks at each shooting vantage...that way he could instantly switch guns when the magazine ran out and the barrel got too hot. Just my opinion.

You have to wait until all of the facts comes in, in order to make any judgement.

Republicans legalized the guns.

/—-/ The guns were legalized by the second amendment. Libtards like to say our Founding Fathers were liberals so libs legalized them.

The Constitution "legalized" the guns. Semiautomatic weapons have been legal since the day they were invented. If you don't like it, then get a constitutional amendment passed.

Given the resources and time he spent on this attack, it wouldn't surprise me if he was able to obtain such a working bomb.

This guy had a death wish in any case.

Wouldn't surprise me if he had been caught before using, blew himself up, or it didn't work. But he sure was effective with what he legally had.

I doubt he would have been caught. This guy was not a moron. He planned this attack very carefully, and even bought a room overlooking the place. Had cameras set up outside his room and sent his girlfriend off to the Philippines while he conducted his attack.

He was very reclusive, had lots of land and was very rich.

Timothy Mcveigh wasn't exactly a rich, intelligent expert on bombmaking, i would say it is very possible.

Anything is possible. We sure see the result of being able to legally buy guns that are great for mass killing though.

Well, do you want a complete ban on semiautomatic firearms?

This guy had Zero criminal record, so that's pretty much the only way to have made it (legally) impossible for him to get a gun capable of 'mass murder'.

I think we should go back to restrictions on magazine capacity.

Meh, so instead of having a 30 round magazine he'll just buy 3 10 round magazines.

Forum List

Back