did Trump kill people in Vegas ?

Donald Trump Suggests ‘Second Amendment People’ Could Act Against Hillary Clinton

Donald J. Trump on Tuesday appeared to raise the possibility that gun rights supporters could take matters into their own hands if Hillary Clinton is elected president and appoints judges who favor stricter gun control measures.

Repeating his contention that Mrs. Clinton wanted to abolish the right to bear arms, :eusa_liar: Mr. Trump warned at a rally here that it would be “a horrible day” if Mrs. Clinton were elected and got to appoint a tiebreaking Supreme Court justice.

“If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks,” Mr. Trump said, :eusa_liar: as the crowd began to boo. He quickly added: “Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know.”

Oblique as it was, Mr. Trump’s remark quickly elicited a wave of condemnation from Democrats, gun control advocates and others, who accused him of suggesting violence against Mrs. Clinton or liberal jurists. Bernice A. King, daughter of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., called Mr. Trump’s words “distasteful, disturbing, dangerous.”

Mrs. Clinton’s running mate, Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia, expressed disbelief. “Nobody who is seeking a leadership position, especially the presidency, the leadership of the country, should do anything to countenance violence, and that’s what he was saying,” Mr. Kaine said in Austin, Tex. He called Mr. Trump’s remark “a window into the soul of a person who is just temperamentally not suited to the task.”

Donald Trump Suggests ‘Second Amendment People’ Could Act Against Hillary Clinton

Secret Service spoke to Trump campaign about 2nd Amendment comment - CNNPolitics

NRA Barks at Donald Trump’s ‘Second Amendment’ Dog Whistle

Last edited:
He was on stage doing a stand up routine at the Pink Flamingo. He was slaying them left and right.

NRA Barks at Donald Trump’s ‘Second Amendment’ Dog Whistle

The NRA understood loud and clear, tweeting its agreement with what Trump said and launching a $3 million anti-Clinton ad campaign on the same themes, combining false claims about Clinton with the fear that America is falling apart so that citizens must take up arms to defend themselves.

That’s what one of his supporters recently said on C-SPAN.

“Since we do have firearms, it might, if it comes down to it, be us having to defend our rights with those guns, just as the revolutionaries did in the Revolutionary War,” Raw Story reported. It’s a theme commonplace throughout the far-right, from Timothy McVeigh in 1995 to the Ammon Bundy in 2016.

What Richard Hofstadter called the “paranoid style in American politics” is increasingly found in the mainstream right as well. Obamacare is fascism, Hitler backed gun control, Muslims are plotting to implement Sharia Law across the United States, Black Lives Matter is a militant Black Panther army, crime is spiraling out of control, terrorists are coming to kill you. Threats are everywhere, and just as the threat level is increasing, Democrats taking your guns away. These are messages no longer confined to the fringes, but regularly opined on Fox News.

All of these themes are part of what my colleague John Avlon has called a “Reconstruction Fantasia”: a symphony of fear that imagines white Americans today in the role of white Southerners in the 1870s, subjugated by an “elite” coastal government that is hostile to their values and hell-bent on disarming and destroying them.

The Reconstruction Fantasia plays to white fears and male fears that are, themselves, partly based on reality, as America slowly becomes less dominated by whites and by men. But it quickly turns to fantasy, as these changes are attributed not to demographic and social shifts, but to sinister conspiracies and fascistic governments.

None of this is true, of course. Secretary Clinton and President Obama have said many times that they respect private gun ownership and have no intention of confiscating guns. The number of Americans killed by Islamist terrorists in the last decade (78) is dwarfed by the number killed by handgun violence and accidents (132,349). And violent crime has been declining for years.

Last edited:
who needs rational civil discourse when you've got an assault weapon to back up your argument............. :cuckoo:

perhaps mr paddock just figured hey what the hell, viva la revolution. :dunno:

You might have an argument if you say republicans. Had the restrictions on magazine capacity and assault rifles have been kept in place....

why politicize the murder of dozens of people?

infringing on our rights won't solve murder in this country.

what's next, a ban on trucks and fertilizer?

this guy was crazy and pre-planned this shit. a bomb would have killed more people.

this guy was crazy and pre-planned this shit. a bomb would have killed more people.

Sometimes the bomb maker blows himself up making it. Sometimes it fails to detonate.

Sometimes the bomb maker blows himself up making it. Sometimes it fails to detonate.

Given the resources and time he spent on this attack, it wouldn't surprise me if he was able to obtain such a working bomb.

This guy had a death wish in any case.

Given the resources and time he spent on this attack, it wouldn't surprise me if he was able to obtain such a working bomb.

Wouldn't surprise me if he had been caught before using, blew himself up, or it didn't work. But he sure was effective with what he legally had.

Wouldn't surprise me if he had been caught before using, blew himself up, or it didn't work. But he sure was effective with what he legally had.

I doubt he would have been caught. This guy was not a moron. He planned this attack very carefully, and even bought a room overlooking the place. Had cameras set up outside his room and sent his girlfriend off to the Philippines while he conducted his attack.

He was very reclusive, had lots of land and was very rich.

Timothy Mcveigh wasn't exactly a rich, intelligent expert on bombmaking, i would say it is very possible.

On Tuesday, President Trump signed a bill that overturned an Obama-era rule designed to stop certain individuals with mental disorders from buying guns.

Issued near the end of Obama's presidency, the rule banned gun ownership by people who are on Social Security disability because they have mental health problems that prevent them from working and who must have someone manage their financial affairs. The Social Security Administration would have been required to send the names of these beneficiaries to the federal system that does background checks on people applying for gun licenses.

According to press reports, about 75,000 people would have been affected by the regulation had it been implemented. The Social Security Administration approved the rule on December 19, 2016, but under the Congressional Review Act, Congress has 60 legislative days to disapprove of any new regulation by majority vote.

by the way mentally ill people, buy guns, and Have a good time.

And what mental disorder did he have?

I doubt he would have been caught. This guy was not a moron. He planned this attack very carefully, and even bought a room overlooking the place. Had cameras set up outside his room and sent his girlfriend off to the Philippines while he conducted his attack.

Timothy Mcveigh wasn't exactly a rich, intelligent expert on bombmaking, i would say it is very possible.

Anything is possible. We sure see the result of being able to legally buy guns that are great for mass killing though.

Anything is possible. We sure see the result of being able to legally buy guns that are great for mass killing though.

Well, do you want a complete ban on semiautomatic firearms?

This guy had Zero criminal record, so that's pretty much the only way to have made it (legally) impossible for him to get a gun capable of 'mass murder'.

This guy had Zero criminal record, so that's pretty much the only way to have made it (legally) impossible for him to get a gun capable of 'mass murder'.

I think we should go back to restrictions on magazine capacity.

On Tuesday, President Trump signed a bill that overturned an Obama-era rule designed to stop certain individuals with mental disorders from buying guns.

Issued near the end of Obama's presidency, the rule banned gun ownership by people who are on Social Security disability because they have mental health problems that prevent them from working and who must have someone manage their financial affairs. The Social Security Administration would have been required to send the names of these beneficiaries to the federal system that does background checks on people applying for gun licenses.

According to press reports, about 75,000 people would have been affected by the regulation had it been implemented. The Social Security Administration approved the rule on December 19, 2016, but under the Congressional Review Act, Congress has 60 legislative days to disapprove of any new regulation by majority vote.

by the way mentally ill people, buy guns, and Have a good time.

Every time I think: "Man! Siete can't get any more stupid", you double down.

I think we should go back to restrictions on magazine capacity.

Changing magazines is pretty fast, though. i don't think it would have significantly changed the final outcome. the shooter in Sandy Hook, for example, changed his mags when they were only half empty. the attack on Columbine occurred during the 1994 AWB.

Forum List

Back