did Trump kill people in Vegas ?

On Tuesday, President Trump signed a bill that overturned an Obama-era rule designed to stop certain individuals with mental disorders from buying guns.

Issued near the end of Obama's presidency, the rule banned gun ownership by people who are on Social Security disability because they have mental health problems that prevent them from working and who must have someone manage their financial affairs. The Social Security Administration would have been required to send the names of these beneficiaries to the federal system that does background checks on people applying for gun licenses.

According to press reports, about 75,000 people would have been affected by the regulation had it been implemented. The Social Security Administration approved the rule on December 19, 2016, but under the Congressional Review Act, Congress has 60 legislative days to disapprove of any new regulation by majority vote.

by the way mentally ill people, buy guns, and Have a good time.
/—-/ It’s all Obama’s fault. His ATF legalized bump stocks.

Republicans legalized the guns.
The Constitution "legalized" the guns. Semiautomatic weapons have been legal since the day they were invented. If you don't like it, then get a constitutional amendment passed.

They didn't even exist when constitution was written.

Wouldn't surprise me if he had been caught before using, blew himself up, or it didn't work. But he sure was effective with what he legally had.

I doubt he would have been caught. This guy was not a moron. He planned this attack very carefully, and even bought a room overlooking the place. Had cameras set up outside his room and sent his girlfriend off to the Philippines while he conducted his attack.

He was very reclusive, had lots of land and was very rich.

Timothy Mcveigh wasn't exactly a rich, intelligent expert on bombmaking, i would say it is very possible.

Anything is possible. We sure see the result of being able to legally buy guns that are great for mass killing though.

Well, do you want a complete ban on semiautomatic firearms?

This guy had Zero criminal record, so that's pretty much the only way to have made it (legally) impossible for him to get a gun capable of 'mass murder'.

I think we should go back to restrictions on magazine capacity.

Meh, so instead of having a 30 round magazine he'll just buy 3 10 round magazines.

Imagine how many the Vegas shooter would have needed. All that reloading would sure slow him down.

On Tuesday, President Trump signed a bill that overturned an Obama-era rule designed to stop certain individuals with mental disorders from buying guns.

Issued near the end of Obama's presidency, the rule banned gun ownership by people who are on Social Security disability because they have mental health problems that prevent them from working and who must have someone manage their financial affairs. The Social Security Administration would have been required to send the names of these beneficiaries to the federal system that does background checks on people applying for gun licenses.

According to press reports, about 75,000 people would have been affected by the regulation had it been implemented. The Social Security Administration approved the rule on December 19, 2016, but under the Congressional Review Act, Congress has 60 legislative days to disapprove of any new regulation by majority vote.

The Constitution "legalized" the guns. Semiautomatic weapons have been legal since the day they were invented. If you don't like it, then get a constitutional amendment passed.

They didn't even exist when constitution was written.[/QUOTE
/—/ oh yes they did. Puckle gun - Wikipedia So the founding fathers knew innovation was occurring daily

I doubt he would have been caught. This guy was not a moron. He planned this attack very carefully, and even bought a room overlooking the place. Had cameras set up outside his room and sent his girlfriend off to the Philippines while he conducted his attack.

He was very reclusive, had lots of land and was very rich.

Timothy Mcveigh wasn't exactly a rich, intelligent expert on bombmaking, i would say it is very possible.

Anything is possible. We sure see the result of being able to legally buy guns that are great for mass killing though.

Well, do you want a complete ban on semiautomatic firearms?

This guy had Zero criminal record, so that's pretty much the only way to have made it (legally) impossible for him to get a gun capable of 'mass murder'.

I think we should go back to restrictions on magazine capacity.

Meh, so instead of having a 30 round magazine he'll just buy 3 10 round magazines.

Imagine how many the Vegas shooter would have needed. All that reloading would sure slow him down.
google the Puckle gun

The internet didn't exist when the Constitution was written. Do you think that means the federal government is authorized to censor it?

No, Trump didn't kill anyone. Why? Because the shooting happened on Sunday, and Trump didn't sign the legislation until Tuesday. If it had been the opposite (signed on Sunday and shooting on Tuesday), then maybe you might have had something.

But..............sadly................just like many other posts by many other people, this one is highly partisan, as well as the title is hyperbolic.

That being said, I don't think that bump stocks should be legal.
Why did he do that though?

Probably the reason he did it is because it goes against what Obama did. Trump's main purpose in life currently seems to be trying to undo everything that Obama did. If Obama was for it, Trump is against it. If Obama was against it, Trump is for it.

I have a stock ar15 and Ive had it machine gun on me for no reason maybe for occasional malfuntion
sometimes thell do it for no reason

For a semi-auto rifle, if you hold the stock about 1 inch from your shoulder, keep your trigger finger in one position while pushing on the front constantly, the thing will 'machine gun' So called 'bump stocks' do the same thing, just more efficiently. Either way, the technique is not very accurate but then, Paddock did not have to be accurate from his perch above his target. He just rained down lead on them. Personally, I think he had multiple loaded guns with bump stocks at each shooting vantage...that way he could instantly switch guns when the magazine ran out and the barrel got too hot. Just my opinion.

You think correctly. He had over 20 guns in his room, and 12 of them were outfitted with bump stocks. He knew that the guns would overheat and jam, so he made sure that he had spares to keep shooting with.

No, Trump didn't kill anyone. Why? Because the shooting happened on Sunday, and Trump didn't sign the legislation until Tuesday. If it had been the opposite (signed on Sunday and shooting on Tuesday), then maybe you might have had something.

But..............sadly................just like many other posts by many other people, this one is highly partisan, as well as the title is hyperbolic.

That being said, I don't think that bump stocks should be legal.
Why did he do that though?

Probably the reason he did it is because it goes against what Obama did. Trump's main purpose in life currently seems to be trying to undo everything that Obama did. If Obama was for it, Trump is against it. If Obama was against it, Trump is for it.

That's pretty much the policy of every Republican.

I have a stock ar15 and Ive had it machine gun on me for no reason maybe for occasional malfuntion

For a semi-auto rifle, if you hold the stock about 1 inch from your shoulder, keep your trigger finger in one position while pushing on the front constantly, the thing will 'machine gun' So called 'bump stocks' do the same thing, just more efficiently. Either way, the technique is not very accurate but then, Paddock did not have to be accurate from his perch above his target. He just rained down lead on them. Personally, I think he had multiple loaded guns with bump stocks at each shooting vantage...that way he could instantly switch guns when the magazine ran out and the barrel got too hot. Just my opinion.

You think correctly. He had over 20 guns in his room, and 12 of them were outfitted with bump stocks. He knew that the guns would overheat and jam, so he made sure that he had spares to keep shooting with.

how do you smuggle a 20 gun arsenal in your hotel room and not get busted by a camera somewhere?

how do you smuggle a 20 gun arsenal in your hotel room and not get busted by a camera somewhere?
/—/ by concealing them in your luggage. When is the last time you were in a hotel and had your luggage searched? You big dope.

/—/ You can do the same thing without a bump stock but it’s harder.

Last edited:

The internet didn't exist when the Constitution was written. Do you think that means the federal government is authorized to censor it?
/—-/ neither did TV or radio.

See how the far left drones ignore what Obama did?

Well they will never learn that the problem is them and no one else.

/—-: Ypu can do the same thing without a bump stock but it’s harder.

Obama made doing that legal too.

:eusa_whistle:

The federal government claims it has the authority to regulate over the air broadcasts because it supposedly owns the airwaves. I say that theory is bullshit, but I avoided using it because I knew some douche bag would resort to that as an argument.

The federal government claims it has the authority to regulate over the air broadcasts because it supposedly owns the airwaves. I say that theory is bullshit, but I avoided using it because I knew some douche bag would resort to that as an argument.
/—-/They claim it but cant prevent it. Now are high speed printers covered by the 1st amendment or just the single sheet presses Ben Franklin used?

/—/ the Constitution covers freedom of mobility so is it limited to sailing ships, horse and buggy and walking ? Not to planes, trains and automobiles?

Nope, it's on the shooter.

/—/ You can do the same thing without a bump stock but it’s harder.

Yep...

The short answer is NO

or do you think he was the second shooter?

Forum List

Back