Did the Tea Party cause our problems or cause them to get worse?

Actually, Obama's team did exactly what they said they would. When he was inaugarated, the USA was losing 800k jobs a month. By the time Scott Brown was elected, the recession was OVER and jobs were being produced. Then Pubs obstructed EVERYTHING, and the recovery stalled. This economy is THEIRS.

:razz::razz::cuckoo::cuckoo:

The recession ended, regulation began with threats of sticking it to business and millions more hard working Americans lost their jobs.

Democrats own it.

War protestors? They lost it when the Shiite Iraqis (militias) decided to stop attacking Americans and to go along with the democratic Iraq. (What foolish Americans call the surge...).

War protestors? They lost it when the Shiite Iraqis (militias) decided to stop attacking Americans and to go along with the democratic Iraq. (What foolish Americans call the surge...).

War protestors. They went broke from obamanomics and now catch the bus. Look heres proof.

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture3768-code-pink-obama-cartoons.jpg

JOBS.

There are few new ones because Obama's policies and willy-nilly legislation-by-regulation have convinced those with any cash to hide it instead of try to fund new businesses.

There are even fewer because not only is it Democrat policy to drive existing businesses offshore.
Consider where Boeing is likely to locate their next plant. If it's before 2013 you can bet any American workers hired will be commuting by jet ski rather than bicycle.

The dems drive em offshore?
The repubs reward them for moving jobs offshore.
Whatsa diff in the end?
For one thing they get tax breaks for moving jobs offshore.

The Pub Propaganda machine is doing the scaring, not Obama's policies. Totally out of hand at this point- running their damn party now...

ummm. reality check on isle 9 please

Republicans want to throw granny off the cliff
Republicans want to make granny eat dog food
Republicans want to destroy our country
Republicans are terrorists
Republicans want to take hostages
Republicans want to kill Gabby Giffords
Republicans want to destroy medicare
Republicans want to destroy ss
Republicans want to ship jobs overseas
Republicans want to not honor ss checks on Aug 3
Republicans hate the poor
Republicans hate mexicans
Republicans hate muslims
Republicans hate gays
Republicans hate immigrants
Republicans hate blacks

Republicans probably do hate you ( that ones probable true)

I guess our good buddy Dean isnt coming back. Funny how so many on the left on here avoid threads that dont invite hatred and confrontation.

Is this the norm? I haven't been here long enough to make these calls with certainty. I see alot of hate and confrontation coming from both sides. (is it still two sides or do we have three now?)

I really appreciated the OP. It is too bad that in less than two pages we ended just like so many others.

Honestly im not completely sure. Im fairly new here also but I am on alot. There is about 25% serious discussion at times I guess. The rest of the time its like the high school locker room with everyone trying to impress their respective corners. Ive even fallen into it at times with some of the less intelligent posters who are just here for attention. I keep trying to recenter myself but sometimes it just cant be helped because some of the hate is just ridiculous. The worst offenders I have on ignore, about equal left and right.

But there are sparks of true debate once and awhile. Honestly, I thought this post might spark one, sadly I was mistaken. Welcome by the way...:razz:

Very true....there is a lot of 5th grade schoolyard BS here. I have had a few moments that I couldn't resist joining in. Sadly, it kills some pretty decent points of debate. I don't come around as much as I used to. Mainly because the same handful of haters have nothing original to say. Debate? Forget about it. I have only had a few good discussions with someone from the other side. Usually the crap starts when one gets their ego handed to them. And the insults begin. Other times, the insults come out right away.

It is fun to have someone make some ridiculous statement that you easily disprove by using just a little common sense to find an article online that shuts them up. It's much more fun than elementary name-calling. I've tried both...I prefer the first method.

Well The Tea Party or the members of,were MUTE during the Bush years,yet here they are supposed saviours of the US economy...I think not.
This is an extremely complex issue and has been mounting for years...Grampa is quite right in his assessment but what America must do is stop spending so recklessly.....much of this spending is on crappy imports,the first thing you should do is up the import duty/tax for everything imported.......Americans should buy American first...it may sound simplistic but by your companys going off shore years ago has compounded this problem, and directly imposed on America lack of employment/jobs.
We are a manufacturers in Australia,many components in the past we used were made in the USA and very high quality they were too........they transferred their manufacture to China,with the immediate result of a sub standard product,which was of no use to us,the price was immaterial because we make a high quality product...we were forced to firstly purchase components from Germany then have a local manufacturer make the product in Australia.
Loss of jobs in America......(by the way I will state here that American workers were/ are excellent,the quality of workmanship was to a very high standard).......Your company lost its market share because the product was and is not good,infact very poor.

Not everyone wants cheap Chinese made products and the American Company showed short sightedness for quick profit......they showed scant regard for American workers....this applies to so many excellent American industries.With the resultant un and under employment by the American work force,which has lowered the amount of TAX the Government can glean,and this also impacts the towns and cities where these industries existed.
For example in 1965.......95% of all clothing for example purchased by Americans was MADE IN AMERICA...today it is only 5% of all clothing purchased by Americans is actually made in the US..!!!!!!!!!!!!!....this is a terrible indictment of Government POLICY over the past 46 years and this is only one industry,the loss of jobs must alsohave been enormous.

WHY is my question???????Why would and educated people now be satisfied with poor quality garments(and everything else)that are a fraction of the quality and lifespan of the original American made.
Americans have allowed trash to become the norm........and what have the Tea Partites ever done anything about this issue,the very same people who in general have allowed this to happen....Nothing......yet suddenly they feel they have the moral ground and they think they can resolve all of the problems......IT DOSEN'T WASH.........The very Generation who have allowed America to reach the precipice......future generation will have NOTHING TO THANK THEM FOR...time doesn't allow me to continue but you may wish to respond to my post..steven..VIVA AMERICA....still some of the best workers world wide..something you should NOT forget:cool:excuse my spelling and grammar

yes

So far the Tea Party are the only ones who have been calling things correctly all along. They have the right stuff that it would take to fix a lot of the problems that the liberals and progressives have created.

Last edited:
Aside from being a strange bunch of uneducated racist fools, the Tea Party timing is all wrong. Right now is exactly the WRONG time to be concerned with austerity, balancing budgets, and reducing the national debt. The conversation is good - but the timing sucks, which I suspect is by design.

I also suspect the conversation would be different with a WHITE president.

Obama was elected because he said he understood the problems and assured us that he could fix them. Here we are nearly 3 years later and things are in fact worse than when he started. He spent his first year and a half pushing policies that the public protested by the millions because they disagreed by margins of 60% or more. He ended up doing all this behind closed doors. The very doors that he promised to keep open. He had to bribe people in both parties to support him because even with complete control of both houses his agenda wasn't liked. Now keep in mind those bribes are the very same thing that led to Blago's trials and the very things that Pelosi promised to clean out of the swamp. Now in that 2 years did Obamas policies help our crippled economy? I think not. At least there is no proof that anyone can point to thats irrefutable.

What a crock of shit. Just how much help has Obama gotten from the right? None! With help from the right, America could have Single Payer insurance. Also, where has the right been on JOBS? They've spent much more time with their WAR on Women's Reproductive Rights.

Righties are much more concerned with winning the 2012 elections than helping Americans!

Well The Tea Party or the members of,were MUTE during the Bush years,yet here they are supposed saviours of the US economy...I think not.
This is an extremely complex issue and has been mounting for years...Granpa is quite right in his assessment but what America must do is stop spending so recklessly.....much of this spending is on crappy imports,the first thing you should do is up the import duty/tax for everything imported.......Americans should buy American first...it may sound simplistic but by your companies going off shore years ago has compounded this problem and directly has imposed on America lack of employment/jobs.
We are a manufacturers in Australia,many components in the past we used were made in the USA and very high quality they were too........they transferred there manufacture to China,with the immediate result of a sub standard product,which was of no use to us,the price was imaterial because we make a high quality product...we were forced to firstly purchase components from Germany then have a local manufacturer make the product in Australia.
Loss of jobs in America......(by the way I will state here that American workers were/ are excellent,the quality of workmanship was to a very high standard).......Your company lost its market share because the product was and is not so good,infact very poor.

Not everyone wants cheap Chinese made products and the American Company showed short sightedness for quick profit......they showed scant regard for American workers....this applies to so many excellent American industries.With the resultant un and under employment by the America work force has lowered the amount of TAX the Government can glean,and this impacts the towns and cities where these industries existed.
For example in 1965.......95% of all clothing for example purchased by Americans was MADE IN AMERICA...today it is only 5% of all clothing purchased by Americans is actually made in the US..!!!!!!!!!!!!!....this is a terrible indictment of Government POLICY over the past 46 years and this is only one industry,the loss of jobs must also be enormous.

WHY is my question???????Why would and educated people now be satisfied with poor quality garments(and everything else)that are a fraction of the quality and lifespan of the original American made.
Americans have allowed trash to become the norm........and what have the Tea Partites ever done anything about this issue,the very same people who in general have allowed this to happen....Nothing......yet suddenly they feel thy have the moral ground and they think they can resolve all of the problems......IT DOSEN'T WASH.........The very Generation who have allowed America to reach the precipice......future generation will have NOTHING TO THANK THEM FOR...time doesn't allow me to continue but you may wish to respond to my post..steven..VIVA AMERICA....still some of the best workers world wide..something you should NOT forget:cool:

yes

So far the Tea Party are the only ones who have been calling things correctly all along. They have the right stuff that it would take to fix a lot of the problems that the liberals and progressives have created.

Thanks for putting effort into your response. My only problem with your thoughts is the assertion that the TP has been around all that time. Granted we did have conservatives for generations but they were establishment politicians. No longer reliable to respond to the public because of outside influence.
The recently formed TP was formed from a ground swell of public outrage that they were being marginalized by the entrenched powers. They, as far as I can tell, are not beholden to any outside influence. They were offered chairmanships, bribes of money for campaign re-elections and money for their districts. All for votes to compromise their positions on the debt issue. As far as I know, and none have been reported, they refused and stood on their principles. I know of very few established politicians that aren't trapped by the monster that they helped create. The Tp, to their credit and newness, are not a part of this system.
Given enough time I'm sure they could be corrupted like everyone else, but to this point they are fiscally pure.

To me its a once in a lifetime chance to actually have an impact on the wave of responsibilty that has taken hold of our country. To nit pick about side issues, that by the way won't have near the impact as this financial mess will, just begs for our demise. It's like the gay rights thread that seems to consume so much thought from the posters here. I see it and I just can't believe that were going to allow such non life changing issues distract us from the issues that could truly have a negative impact on ALL OF US rather than just a few. Our priorities are all screwed up. Obamacare in the midst of our economic woes is a prime example.

Anyhow I've bloviated for far to long and I'm so tired I'm not even going to bother proof reading this great wall of text. Thanks again.

quite the opposite.......I am new here but enjoy your considered comments and prose.

Re the TP,I know that they as an organisation have not been around long but still,as individuals have been around......why wern't they complaining during the Bush years...why didn't they insist on checks and balances during that period...I maybe wrong but they seem fairly conservative on the whole......Americans just seemed to be lulled into apathy over the past decade.............and today Americans seem to think,its our way or no way!!!!!!we can all learn from each other.....Australia has wethered the economic storm reasonably well considering,our government very early on made informed and positive changes moreover we have had impemented strict guidelines in of financial sector,America's self regulation is no regulation,to the detriment of ordinary folk, as has been seen in your mortgage debacle.

Putting it mildly most Americans were treated like Lemmings by the politicians for years,and only lately have people started to respond.........your situation has been many years in the making......and folk tersely blaming Mr Obama is not only sickening but banal,considering.

The American people must take some responsibility....but no one likes to admit failure...so you end up with the blame game...I think you have been poorly served by your politicians,who should remember they are elected to serve the people not themselves,I know I'm generalizing but much of what I say is true.

Even your system of raising so much money for your elections is obsene,and remember few give money without favours.

I only hope that during this moment in your history,statesmen or women rise to the surface and work harmonisly(sic)for a positive result.

The stupidity of you politicians over the past few weeks or so,makes me think it will be a task beyond most.....but you never know.
Grampa keep up you excellent commenting and as we say here in Ausland "you're keeping the bastards honest"...steven

This is an extremely complex issue and has been mounting for years...Granpa is quite right in his assessment but what America must do is stop spending so recklessly.....much of this spending is on crappy imports,the first thing you should do is up the import duty/tax for everything imported.......Americans should buy American first...it may sound simplistic but by your companies going off shore years ago has compounded this problem and directly has imposed on America lack of employment/jobs.
We are a manufacturers in Australia,many components in the past we used were made in the USA and very high quality they were too........they transferred there manufacture to China,with the immediate result of a sub standard product,which was of no use to us,the price was imaterial because we make a high quality product...we were forced to firstly purchase components from Germany then have a local manufacturer make the product in Australia.
Loss of jobs in America......(by the way I will state here that American workers were/ are excellent,the quality of workmanship was to a very high standard).......Your company lost its market share because the product was and is not so good,infact very poor.

Not everyone wants cheap Chinese made products and the American Company showed short sightedness for quick profit......they showed scant regard for American workers....this applies to so many excellent American industries.With the resultant un and under employment by the America work force has lowered the amount of TAX the Government can glean,and this impacts the towns and cities where these industries existed.
For example in 1965.......95% of all clothing for example purchased by Americans was MADE IN AMERICA...today it is only 5% of all clothing purchased by Americans is actually made in the US..!!!!!!!!!!!!!....this is a terrible indictment of Government POLICY over the past 46 years and this is only one industry,the loss of jobs must also be enormous.

Americans have allowed trash to become the norm........and what have the Tea Partites ever done anything about this issue,the very same people who in general have allowed this to happen....Nothing......yet suddenly they feel thy have the moral ground and they think they can resolve all of the problems......IT DOSEN'T WASH.........The very Generation who have allowed America to reach the precipice......future generation will have NOTHING TO THANK THEM FOR...time doesn't allow me to continue but you may wish to respond to my post..steven..VIVA AMERICA....still some of the best workers world wide..something you should NOT forget:cool:

Thanks for putting effort into your response. My only problem with your thoughts is the assertion that the TP has been around all that time. Granted we did have conservatives for generations but they were establishment politicians. No longer reliable to respond to the public because of outside influence.
The recently formed TP was formed from a ground swell of public outrage that they were being marginalized by the entrenched powers. They, as far as I can tell, are not beholden to any outside influence. They were offered chairmanships, bribes of money for campaign re-elections and money for their districts. All for votes to compromise their positions on the debt issue. As far as I know, and none have been reported, they refused and stood on their principles. I know of very few established politicians that aren't trapped by the monster that they helped create. The Tp, to their credit and newness, are not a part of this system.
Given enough time I'm sure they could be corrupted like everyone else, but to this point they are fiscally pure.

To me its a once in a lifetime chance to actually have an impact on the wave of responsibilty that has taken hold of our country. To nit pick about side issues, that by the way won't have near the impact as this financial mess will, just begs for our demise. It's like the gay rights thread that seems to consume so much thought from the posters here. I see it and I just can't believe that were going to allow such non life changing issues distract us from the issues that could truly have a negative impact on ALL OF US rather than just a few. Our priorities are all screwed up. Obamacare in the midst of our economic woes is a prime example.

Anyhow I've bloviated for far to long and I'm so tired I'm not even going to bother proof reading this great wall of text. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Steve:cool:
JOBS.

There are few new ones because Obama's policies and willy-nilly legislation-by-regulation have convinced those with any cash to hide it instead of try to fund new businesses.

There are even fewer because not only is it Democrat policy to drive existing businesses offshore.
Consider where Boeing is likely to locate their next plant. If it's before 2013 you can bet any American workers hired will be commuting by jet ski rather than bicycle.

yes

Care to explain that? any progressive care to explain that?

How does libertarian/classical liberal philosophy "cause our problems to get worse?"

How the FUCK does personal responsibility and reliability cause a fucking problem???

In reality the tea party doesn't have a fucking problem - government dependents do, and you can thank your democrats who are committed to spending my money and giving it to you fore that.

We have problems because libfucks cant fund their own socialism and they look to those who have money to do so.

And save the Social Security bullshit. I have a fucking job - I pay social security too - so why the fuck do we have problem???

Oh thats right - because democrats do their best to create crisis' because thats the only possible way they will be able to survive as an elitist party so they took the fucking money and invested it in other social areas to look like "caring people who identify with the common man" all the while knowing they would never be able to refund the program, hence creating a crisis that they could get on their soap boxes about.....

I can't even believe progressives believe they're "liberal" when in reality they're government whores who are actually the exact opposite of what a real "liberal" is.

What the fuck is wrong with you??

The big government authoritarian tyrants created the problems we face today....

Last edited:
The American people must take some responsibility....but no one likes to admit failure...so you end up with the blame game...
.....And, a BUBBLEHEAD shall lead-the-WAY!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKKgua7wQk]‪SARAH PALIN BOOK SIGNING - Interviews with Supporters‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]​

Most Americans problem.....selfishness......The quality and decency of any society,is how they care for the less fortunate.......but your foulmouthed hypocricy knows no bounds,to say "look to those who have money to do so"

Sorry but you collectively don't have money...other than borrowed MONEY...so like the spew your spewing on others,YOU are exactly the same.....Thou Spewest on Thyself....its idiots like you who have ruined America.....your unAmerican and a foul mouth to boot.

Glad I could Explain THAT...........boy..I'm theliq,I tell it like it is because I can:cool::clap2::clap2:

yes

Care to explain that? any progressive care to explain that?

How does libertarian/classical liberal philosophy "cause our problems to get worse?"

How the FUCK does personal responsibility and reliability cause a fucking problem???

In reality the tea party doesn't have a fucking problem - government dependents do, and you can thank your democrats who are committed to spending my money and giving it to you fore that.

We have problems because libfucks cant fund their own socialism and they look to those who have money to do so.

And save the Social Security bullshit. I have a fucking job - I pay social security too - so why the fuck do we have problem???

Oh thats right - because democrats do their best to create crisis' because thats the only possible way they will be able to survive as an elitist party....

I can't even believe progressives believe they're "liberal" when in reality they're government whores who are actually the exact opposite of what a real "liberal" is.

What the fuck is wrong with you??

The big government authoritarian tyrants created the problems we face today....

Allow me to throw my two cents in here. First off, I admire the Tea Party. They are resolute in their stance and that is something to be said in this day and age.

While I admire them, I just plain disagree with their philosophy and their level of vitriol. You can see it right on this board. Just about every single post by a Tea Party member or supporter tends to be inflammatory, degrading and cheap. Now before you jump on me.... look at the first two words of my previous sentence...JUST ABOUT. The Tea Party has forgotten that we are all Americans, Brothers so to speak. Just because we disagree politically, doesn't mean we aren't. I blame the AM Radio and FoxNews on most of that, but it's also prevalent in the Tea Party Politicians, who feed into this nonsense.

Philosophically, I disagree too. Because we can't be a nation of haves and have nots. We can't abolish Medicare and Social Security for the elderly or even the Middle aged folks that don't have a chance to possibly re-invest and achieve the same level of benefit as Social Security provides. Lastly... even if it were possible, I wouldn't want to do it(invest privately), because even though the odds are decent that I may be able to do better than SS(if I were young), I'd also run the risk of losing it all in the next stock market crash(believe me, it's going to come) and end up being one of those who has nothing. Social Security isn't bound(at the consumer level) to Wall Street and their Casino tactics.

Medicare is another aspect of our lives that we pay into from the time we start working, and while Grampa tries to say that the TP didn't try to dismantle it, that isn't the truth. The thing they talk about most is Ryan's plan.... which is to provide a voucher worth approximately $7k and the elderly would have to make up the difference. 7k isn't going to cover half the cost of an elderly person to get insured. These people are on fixed incomes and are struggling just to pay for the myriad of medications that they need to stay alive. My Father in Law has had a bad run over this past year. Bladder Cancer, a stroke, pnemonia, and a second tumor removed from his bladder/prostate. He was also diagnosed with COPD from coal mining(never smoked). His Inhaler(Symbicort, I think) costs him $400/month out of pocket... because of his ailments and hospitalizations, he is now in the donut hole which means that everything that goes wrong from here till the end of the year is out of pocket. There is simply no way that they could afford to pay a large sum as an insurance premium on top of all that.

Welfare and Public Employees... I cannot stand the hate that gets spewed towards each of these groups of people. I put them together, because that's how the Tea Party sees them. I know lots of Public Sector employees that work very hard at their jobs. Prison Guards, Mental health/retardation workers, Cops, Firemen, Teachers, etc. They are working for you and 98% of them do a great job. But there are... just as there are everywhere... bad employees. That's what the Tea Party focuses on. Same with Welfare recipients.... sure there are a few that manipulate the system... but most don't and most aren't career welfare bums.... personally, I'd like to see a return to the Conservation Corps style of welfare, where people had to work for their benefits. But I don't want to see it dismantled.

Finally, I disagree with their premise that Corporate Greed and pandering is good. Jarhead and I had a good Conversation yesterday and I think perhaps Conservatives may be getting a little confused when we say Corporate Greed. When I talk about Corporations.. I am not talking about small business who happen to be Incorporated.... I am talking about huge conglomerates that choke out all competition, buy legislation, and have shipped jobs overseas, and virtually pay nothing in taxes. Yeah.. I know GE... I don't agree with that either. I keep hearing how horrible it is that families that make 30K and under aren't paying Federal income tax.... but hear nothing about how huge hundred billion dollar corporations aren't either(other than the aforementioned GE, of course).

Forum List

Back