Did the President of Mexico set up Donald Trump like an ignorant novice?

How so?

Seems the Democrats are flustered. They were convinced before the speech that Trump was moving to their side, but the speech flattened them.

T'was funny.
Many Democrats are flustered, Billy. But not at the speech. I think they are flustered at the Republican reaction (Churchillian? Really?) by the faithful.

Yes, I'm sure they are quite nonplussed that Republicans are not flocking to Hillary as the Democrats are claiming.

If you read up on Churchill, you will find that his opponents also felt his temperament was unsuitable.

But the reason I am not flattened is because I have this 'been there, done that' sense. I had to get a jaw sling during 43's admin every time he said or did something I figured even his flunky Congress would not allow, like invading Iraq and the Patriot Act and approving torture.

Nostalgia for Bush is becoming usual among the Democrats, since Bush was quite like them, especially in his second term.

How so?

Seems the Democrats are flustered. They were convinced before the speech that Trump was moving to their side, but the speech flattened them.

T'was funny.
Many Democrats are flustered, Billy. But not at the speech. I think they are flustered at the Republican reaction (Churchillian? Really?) by the faithful.

Yes, I'm sure they are quite nonplussed that Republicans are not flocking to Hillary as the Democrats are claiming.

If you read up on Churchill, you will find that his opponents also felt his temperament was unsuitable.

But the reason I am not flattened is because I have this 'been there, done that' sense. I had to get a jaw sling during 43's admin every time he said or did something I figured even his flunky Congress would not allow, like invading Iraq and the Patriot Act and approving torture.

Nostalgia for Bush is becoming usual among the Democrats, since Bush was quite like them, especially in his second term.
Nostalgia is the last thing I feel about 43..as President, that is. He is actually a nice guy out of office. But I shudder to remember how easy it was for him to use patriotism and love of country to break so many of our basic American tenets hammered out by our FF..like warrantless wiretaps, secret searches and torture for example.

Did you ever hear Churchill speak? I grew up listening to his speeches as read by a Richard Burton-type voice. Resounding and resolute! When I heard his actual voice, I was shocked. Weak, hesitations, and one had to strain to hear, which I later read was intentional so listeners had to work to hear and not be distracted.

How so?

T'was funny.

Nostalgia is the last thing I feel about 43..as President, that is. He is actually a nice guy out of office. But I shudder to remember how easy it was for him to use patriotism and love of country to break so many of our basic American tenets hammered out by our FF..like warrantless wiretaps, secret searches and torture for example.

Did you ever hear Churchill speak? I grew up listening to his speeches as read by a Richard Burton-type voice. Resounding and resolute! When I heard his actual voice, I was shocked. Weak, hesitations, and one had to strain to hear, which I later read was intentional so listeners had to work to hear and not be distracted.

Churchill used to straighten out a paper clip and push it lengthwise through his cigar. He would then light the cigar and proceed with his speech. Everyone paid attention because the wire prevented the ash from falling from the cigar as he smoked, and everyone waited anxiously staring at the lengthening ash wondering when it would fall.

I just saw the question asked.

Donald Trump said they talked about the wall, but never about who pays.

And the President of Mexico just stood there.

Later on, the President of Mexico said he told Trump at the beginning of the meeting he would never pay for the wall, that Mexico would never pay for the wall.

Who's lying?

Remember, Trump has a 2% approval rating in Mexico. He is the most hated person in Mexico.

The President of Mexico has an approval rating of 29%. How to build his rating up?

So a reporter suggested that within the next couple of days, video of the meeting will leak out with the President of Mexico dressing down Donald Trump in the meeting. Did he just stand there and watch Donald Trump hang himself?

We'll see.
If you ask me the person that looked silly is crooked Hillary. Is she in hiding or something? Why doesn't she go to Mexico? Is she afraid of her own sycophantic press? BUUUUUAHAHAHAHA

Hillary doesn't need a photo op with Hispanics and already knew where she stand about immigration.
LYING Trump needed that bc he is gasping for Hispanic votes.

Later on, the President of Mexico said he told Trump at the beginning of the meeting he would never pay for the wall, that Mexico would never pay for the wall.

Who's lying?

Remember, Trump has a 2% approval rating in Mexico. He is the most hated person in Mexico.

The President of Mexico has an approval rating of 29%. How to build his rating up?

So a reporter suggested that within the next couple of days, video of the meeting will leak out with the President of Mexico dressing down Donald Trump in the meeting. Did he just stand there and watch Donald Trump hang himself?

We'll see.

Mexico's been taking USA for a ride for so long, they probably think Trump is a weakling like the last three presidents. Trump's been saying we have people in charge here who don't know what they're doing and he's correct. USA sends mexico it's factories, and it gets mexico's poor and needy in return.

Who's lying?

We'll see.

Mexico's been taking USA for a ride for so long, they probably think Trump is a weakling like the last three presidents. Trump's been saying we have people in charge here who don't know what they're doing and he's correct. USA sends mexico it's factories, and it gets mexico's poor and needy in return.
Jason, I hear that about 40% of the supplies used by manufacturers in Mexico to sell in America is American made, meaning that if we close down American owned Mexican plants, their US suppliers will be out of jobs too. I do not know how true this is.

Forum List

Back