Did the media REALLY want Obama to go there?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Amelia, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119
    They're mourning Obama not bringing up the 47% -- doing their best to get the knocks in that they thought Obama should have made.

But if Obama had brought up that video he could have been nailed with his own race-hustling video. Or Romney could have just cleared the air about the mistake he made with the numbers and what he really meant.

Maybe Obama was too smart for that.

And I guess it was smart. The media are pushing the 47% meme without needing to allow for the rebuttal Romney would have made. So add that small win to Obama's dismal performance last night.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  2. Sinjorri

Sinjorri Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +267
    the question is did the left want this debate, real answer no, because Romney did the two things Obama was not prepared for, Romney went after Obama and Romney treated Obama as the press will not do and thats question him and go after him.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Qantrill

Qantrill UP THERE WITHOUT ONE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +91
    And this guy is just outraged. He didn't get his tingle. And he is mad and by God, he's not going to take it anymore. "The ONLY real debate is happening RIGHT HERE on this network, MSNBC"! And I don't know why Obama won't LISTEN to US!

What a freaking dweeb!

[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Murf76

Murf76 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +594
    You're exactly right. It's a really flimsy meme, and the LAST thing they could afford was to give Romney an opportunity to rebut it.

5. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,086
    Yeah these guys want to go after non issues......they dont want to touch OBama's record with a 10 ft pole

6. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
  7. Murf76

Murf76 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +594
    What I'm wondering now is whether we're going to start seeing a few media rats jumping off Obama's sinking ship. :eusa_eh:
    These people have got to be thinking about their careers going... (excuse the pun)... forward. If I'm a liberal journalist in the tank for Obama today, I'm thinking how far down that path am I willing to go?... how ridiculous will I look when the guy gets his ass handed to him?... what will be left for me if I become a caricature?

8. ducks102

ducks102 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +74
    i dont understand race hustling....
    the facts were white gop responded to quicker to white areas for aid. this is nothing new, this is just how white people are. The repsonse time was faster for white areas unlike black ones. blacks are always taught they will never be equal as whites. this is called the brutal truth in life.

9. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,334
    And Obama isn't used to that. He even asked for intervention to protect him.

Classic. What a whiny piece of shit he is.

10. Clementine

Clementine Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,767
    Excellent point. Obama is so used to the media carrying the water for him that he knows they'll pick up the slack when he fails. He did fail miserably last night and the media was in shock. Looks like after a good night's sleep, they came back in swinging this morning.

Obama seems to fall apart when challenged, which is why he didn't broach certain subjects. His expertise is in reading TOTUS and he can't handle engaging in a real exchange, so waited for the bulldogs in the media to launch their one-sided debate.