Did Texas go blue like the MSM was talking about?

airplanemechanic

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2014
Not even close. Ted Cruz got far more votes. This was the liberals big hope of November? Looks like Trump supports hold strong! The democrats shining star got 38% of the vote!! LOLOL

The MSM was touting about how they stood a huge chance of "going blue" in Texas. They were referring to 15 counties in Texas, a state with over 250 counties.

Texas Republicans believe they squashed the blue wave. Democrats say 2018 isn't over yet

Repubicans got over a HALF MILLION MORE VOTES.

Texas primary turnout buoys Democrats' hopes again

Texas solidly red:

Texas Election Results 2018: Live primary map by county.

Um.................hate to tell the OP, but those weren't general elections, those were only primaries. Come back and tell me about it after the general election (the one that actually counts) is held.

The lying media trying to drum up enthusiasm for liberals...failed again.

Yes.....and I have to say it was another genius move to openly attack the 2nd Amendment with specific calls for confiscating all semi automatic weapons, in a CNN townhall where every gun owner could see them doing it......

Brilliant move, right before the 2018 midterms...

But tell us again, they don't want to confiscate guns....right?

Um.................hate to tell the OP, but those weren't general elections, those were only primaries. Come back and tell me about it after the general election (the one that actually counts) is held.

Hate to tell you....the Republicans broke a turn out record....for primaries....we'll see you at the general election....

Hate to tell you....the Republicans broke a turn out record....for primaries....we'll see you at the general election....

Republicans have always had more voters in the mid terms than Dems. The thing that is going to be telling is to see what the PA special election this Tuesday does. If it goes to the Dem, then there is definitely a blue wave coming.

But the MSM has talked for over a week about Texas going blue.

If they expected this voter turnout, why bring so much attention to it?

Like I said, the primaries aren't the elections that count. It's the general ones that actually send people to Washington.

And, if you want an indication as to whether or not a blue wave is coming, just watch the election in PA this Tuesday. If it goes Dem in a district that was largely in favor of Trump, then expect the blue wave.

Like I said, the primaries aren't the elections that count. It's the general ones that actually send people to Washington.

And, if you want an indication as to whether or not a blue wave is coming, just watch the election in PA this Tuesday. If it goes Dem in a district that was largely in favor of Trump, then expect the blue wave.

The democrat running there is running as a Republican.....hiding who he really is....

Um...gurgle...um....sigh.....democrats are all liars.

Republicans have always had more voters in the mid terms than Dems. The thing that is going to be telling is to see what the PA special election this Tuesday does. If it goes to the Dem, then there is definitely a blue wave coming.

Lol! You can't make this stuff up folks!

Right wing win = It's nothing
Left wing win = "It's a blue wave!!!"

Except that democratic voter turnout was highest in 16 years. And they STILL lost bigtime.

Democrats' turnout in Texas primary is highest in 16 years

These are the same liberals who swore Hillary was a shoe in for the white house. Turns out all she got in the white house was a shoe, then she was asked to leave.

What did they "lose"? The general elections haven't happened yet, and you should remember that in the primaries, that is the election where the party decides which candidate they want to run for the general election. Nothing to see until November.

Not even close. Ted Cruz got far more votes. This was the liberals big hope of November? Looks like Trump supports hold strong! The democrats shining star got 38% of the vote!! LOLOL

The MSM was touting about how they stood a huge chance of "going blue" in Texas. They were referring to 15 counties in Texas, a state with over 250 counties.

Texas Republicans believe they squashed the blue wave. Democrats say 2018 isn't over yet

Repubicans got over a HALF MILLION MORE VOTES.

Texas primary turnout buoys Democrats' hopes again

Texas solidly red:

Texas Election Results 2018: Live primary map by county.

In 2012, Republicans had a 900,000 vote margin. In 2016, it is a 500,000b vote margin. The fact that turnout doubled in a red state does portend trouble. It means Democrat turnout will likely be up in blue states and swing states. Also Democrats are targeting 3 Congressional districts. In those districts the Democrat turnout was roughly equal to the Republican turnout. In one, Democrats had a larger turnout than Republicans.

Yes this was just a primary but the big talking point from the media was about how well the Democrats were doing in early voting and that the enthusiasm was on their side and this could be an indication of how November would go. When it was over we saw the Republicans matched them in turnout and enthusiasm I won't pretend to know how November will turn out but it seems the idea of Texas going blue seems somewhat harder than it did a few weeks ago.

Yes this was just a primary but the big talking point from the media was about how well the Democrats were doing in early voting and that the enthusiasm was on their side and this could be an indication of how November would go. When it was over we saw the Republicans matched them in turnout and enthusiasm I won't pretend to know how November will turn out but it seems the idea of Texas going blue seems somewhat harder than it did a few weeks ago.

If Democrat turnout is up in a red state what does it say about blue and swing states. Also the Democrats will likely be competitive in 3 Republican held House seats. Texas is bluer than it has been. Romney won Texas by 17 and Trump won by 9. The question may not be if but when.

The Big Blue Wave

ocean-waves-wallpapers-ocean-waves-scenery-desktop-wallpapers.jpg

Normal people don’t vote for progressive shit stains

Hag Liberals will be crying in between snorting donuts after Cruz sails to another win...

Forum List

Back