Did Sarah Palin believe the Queen is in charge of the British Military?

If you'd like to make the case that Biden is an intelligent man, I'm willing to listen.
Another lie.
You can't make the case either, huh?

Note for drooling idiot leftists: "Being a liberal" is not proof of intelligence.

Sorry to burst your little rainbow bubbles.
What would you accept as proof? Academic accomplishments? Life accomplishments? Weekly Standard Seal Of Approval?

First you have to prove that Palin, the real one, not the one in the movie, actually said it.
No, actually I don't.

?

Then this "discussion" would be over a line of fiction.

Is that what it's all about, Alfie?
Only if you consider all sourced reporting to be fiction.

Is this fiction because of the subject (Palin), or because of the reporters (Heilmann & Halperin), or because of the sources (Schmidt, R. Davis, Salter, Culvahouse, F. Davis, Wallace)?

Oh.... and.... Palin is right. The Queen is 'Commander in Chief' of the British Armed Forces. They swear allegiance to her, and their country, on entering the Military.
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif

So what's funny? The Queen IS CinC of the British armed forces, although the prime minister has the decision-making power over the deployment and disposition of British forces.

Oh.... and.... Palin is right. The Queen is 'Commander in Chief' of the British Armed Forces. They swear allegiance to her, and their country, on entering the Military.
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif

So what's funny? The Queen IS CinC of the British armed forces, although the prime minister has the decision-making power over the deployment and disposition of British forces.

Which is what I said.... but... and do correct me if I'm wrong.... my understanding is that SHE is the 'ultimate authority' over HER armed forces. Is that correct?

And... for the record... your Queen, and her Military... totally rock!

No, actually I don't.

?

Is this fiction because of the subject (Palin), or because of the reporters (Heilmann & Halperin), or because of the sources (Schmidt, R. Davis, Salter, Culvahouse, F. Davis, Wallace)?

All beside the point. If it is fiction (regardless of the source) then it is still just fiction.

And if it's fiction, then the discussion IS over fiction.

If a biased source claims that a political figure (with whom they have problems or issues) said "X, Y & Z" does that necessarily mean that the political figure actually said it?

Which is what I said.... but... and do correct me if I'm wrong.... my understanding is that SHE is the 'ultimate authority' over HER armed forces. Is that correct?

Yes. You are correct. The monarch is able to prevent any use of the military that would be deemed unconstitutional.

Yes. You are correct. The monarch is able to prevent any use of the military that would be deemed unconstitutional.

Interesting.... she can overrule her government on the use of military force. Americans, generally, are quite ignorant of how Britain, the Monarchy, and the Government functions... that much is very clear. I see Mr Cameron is visiting POTUS... that's nice for him. Obama hates y'all.... you know that, right? He has 'issue'. :lol:

Interesting.... she can overrule her government on the use of military force. Americans, generally, are quite ignorant of how Britain, the Monarchy, and the Government functions... that much is very clear. I see Mr Cameron is visiting POTUS... that's nice for him. Obama hates y'all.... you know that, right? He has 'issue'. :lol:

Lol! Yep. We know he does, but that's OK. We don't think much of him either. :D

Yea, we (America as a country) tends to abuse that 'special relationship' much more than you (Britain as a country) do. I'm sorry about that.

Damn, that's like the fourth apology I've made on this board in 2 days! I'm getting far too nice! :lol:

Yea, we (America as a country) tends to abuse that 'special relationship' much more than you (Britain as a country) do. I'm sorry about that.

Damn, that's like the fourth apology I've made on this board in 2 days! I'm getting far too nice! :lol:

It's all good CG! What better bed mates could Obama have found than the French! :badgrin:

It's all good CG! What better bed mates could Obama have found than the French! :badgrin:

:lol::lol:

No, actually I don't.

?

It is fiction because it isn't true.

One more apology in the next 12 hours and CG will close in on the record currently held by President Obama.

How sweet that you pay so much attention to me.... what is not so sweet is your need to create alternative realities... but that's an issue for you to deal with.... or not.

One more apology in the next 12 hours and CG will close in on the record currently held by President Obama.

How sweet that you pay so much attention to me.... what is not so sweet is your need to create alternative realities... but that's an issue for you to deal with.... or not.

Speaking of alternative realities, you just spoke boat loads.

Sadly, it was about you -- unbeknownst to you.

There is a highly clinical piece of jargon defining you:

you are "nuts."

For your edification, you loon, YOU had just made a comment about how many apologies YOU had made. All I did was extend the joke to make a topical reference to the frequency of the President's apologies. (O' the Horror!.)

You, being a thin skinned petty shrew, of course took umbrage.

As I say. You're nuts.

Forum List

Back