Did Sarah Palin believe the Queen is in charge of the British Military?

One more apology in the next 12 hours and CG will close in on the record currently held by President Obama.

How sweet that you pay so much attention to me.... what is not so sweet is your need to create alternative realities... but that's an issue for you to deal with.... or not.

Speaking of alternative realities, you just spoke boat loads.

Sadly, it was about you -- unbeknownst to you.

There is a highly clinical piece of jargon defining you:

you are "nuts."

For your edification, you loon, YOU had just made a comment about how many apologies YOU had made. All I did was extend the joke to make a topical reference to the frequency of the President's apologies. (O' the Horror!.)

You, being a thin skinned petty shrew, of course took umbrage.

As I say. You're nuts.

Sweetie..... you've been ranting about me for weeks. You really expect me to differentiate between a genuine joke and another one of your stupid butthurt babby whines? I can't be arsed with it... and, since you can't take a joke from me... I fail to see why I should be expected to treat you differently.

Moron.

How sweet that you pay so much attention to me.... what is not so sweet is your need to create alternative realities... but that's an issue for you to deal with.... or not.

you are "nuts."

For your edification, you loon, YOU had just made a comment about how many apologies YOU had made. All I did was extend the joke to make a topical reference to the frequency of the President's apologies. (O' the Horror!.)

As I say. You're nuts.

Sweetie..... you've been ranting about me for weeks. You really expect me to differentiate between a genuine joke and another one of your stupid butthurt babby whines? I can't be arsed with it... and, since you can't take a joke from me... I fail to see why I should be expected to treat you differently.

Moron.

No, no, tool. I have been engaged in some mocking of you for the ridiculously embarrassing thing you said.

I don't expect a person of your intellectual prowess to even be able to recognize (nor a person of your "integrity" to be able to admit) how much of a fool you made of yourself.

I don't much care what you expect.

But yeah. You are, as you just signed your post, a moron. Good of you to finally pick up on that fact.
:thup:

Last edited:
I'm watching "Game Change" and she told Woody that she would support John with his working with the "Queen".

She didn't know what the "Fed" is.

She thought Iraq attacked us on 9/11.

Is this movie for real?

How stupid are you?

The Queen commands the troops. Our Governor General the GG commands our troops.

So how stupid are you little liberals?

I'm watching "Game Change" and she told Woody that she would support John with his working with the "Queen".

Is this movie for real?

How stupid are you?

Although the Commander-in-Chief of the British Armed Forces is legally the Sovereign, under constitutional practice the Prime Minister, with the Secretary of State for Defence whom he may appoint or dismiss, holds power over the deployment and disposition of British forces, and the declaration of war. The Prime Minister can authorise, but not directly order, the use of Britain's nuclear weapons and the Prime Minister is hence a Commander-in-Chief in all but name.
Prime Minister of the United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
>
Which would explain why we saw Churchill, FDR, and Stalin together during WW2, but the King was not among them.

Last edited:
Oh.... and.... Palin is right. The Queen is 'Commander in Chief' of the British Armed Forces. They swear allegiance to her, and their country, on entering the Military.
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif

So what's funny? The Queen IS CinC of the British armed forces, although the prime minister has the decision-making power over the deployment and disposition of British forces.
What are Her Majesty's official duties regarding the defense of the United Kingdom?

?

Then this "discussion" would be over a line of fiction.

Is that what it's all about, Alfie?
Only if you consider all sourced reporting to be fiction.

Is this fiction because of the subject (Palin), or because of the reporters (Heilmann & Halperin), or because of the sources (Schmidt, R. Davis, Salter, Culvahouse, F. Davis, Wallace)?

All beside the point. If it is fiction (regardless of the source) then it is still just fiction.

And if it's fiction, then the discussion IS over fiction.

If a biased source claims that a political figure (with whom they have problems or issues) said "X, Y & Z" does that necessarily mean that the political figure actually said it?

That's a lot of 'ifs', Liability.

Is it your contention that the McCain/Palin campaign team conspired to lie to H&H to get back at Palin?

Yes. You are correct. The monarch is able to prevent any use of the military that would be deemed unconstitutional.

Interesting.... she can overrule her government on the use of military force. Americans, generally, are quite ignorant of how Britain, the Monarchy, and the Government functions... that much is very clear. I see Mr Cameron is visiting POTUS... that's nice for him. Obama hates y'all.... you know that, right? He has 'issue'. :lol:

Lol! Yep. We know he does, but that's OK. We don't think much of him either. :D
The Irish love him. I suspect the Brits do, also.

barackObamaCrowdsAtCollegeGreenMay232011PA_large.jpg

?

Then this "discussion" would be over a line of fiction.

Is that what it's all about, Alfie?

Is this fiction because of the subject (Palin), or because of the reporters (Heilmann & Halperin), or because of the sources (Schmidt, R. Davis, Salter, Culvahouse, F. Davis, Wallace)?

It is fiction because it isn't true.
Is this another case of you talking out your ass, or do you have some proof?

Is this movie for real?

How stupid are you?

Although the Commander-in-Chief of the British Armed Forces is legally the Sovereign, under constitutional practice the Prime Minister, with the Secretary of State for Defence whom he may appoint or dismiss, holds power over the deployment and disposition of British forces, and the declaration of war. The Prime Minister can authorise, but not directly order, the use of Britain's nuclear weapons and the Prime Minister is hence a Commander-in-Chief in all but name.
>
Which would explain why we saw Churchill, FDR, and Stalin together during WW2, but the King was not among them.

Thank you, PJ.

These Palinistas will jump through any hoop to try to excuse her ignorance.

So what's funny? The Queen IS CinC of the British armed forces, although the prime minister has the decision-making power over the deployment and disposition of British forces.
What are Her Majesty's official duties regarding the defense of the United Kingdom?

Stop wriggling. You denied she was CinC. It's been explained to you several times so just admit you were wrong insted of looking for a nitpicking face saver.

All beside the point. If it is fiction (regardless of the source) then it is still just fiction.

And if it's fiction, then the discussion IS over fiction.

If a biased source claims that a political figure (with whom they have problems or issues) said "X, Y & Z" does that necessarily mean that the political figure actually said it?

That's a lot of 'ifs', Liability.

Is it your contention that the McCain/Palin campaign team conspired to lie to H&H to get back at Palin?

Is it my contention that self-serving politicos might have elected to spin some shit to suit their own petty agendas?

Yes.

I do consider that a very real possibility.

you are "nuts."

As I say. You're nuts.

Moron.

No, no, tool. I have been engaged in some mocking of you for the ridiculously embarrassing thing you said.

I don't expect a person of your intellectual prowess to even be able to recognize (nor a person of your "integrity" to be able to admit) how much of a fool you made of yourself.

I don't much care what you expect.

But yeah. You are, as you just signed your post, a moron. Good of you to finally pick up on that fact.
:thup:

You take this whole thing waaaaaay more seriously than I do. :lol:

On topic: The Queen is actually the Commander in Chief of the British Armed Services, ergo, Palin - assuming she said it - was right. And Synthia remains an idiot.

You are treating a hatchet job by some Obama water carriers as the truth about her understanding of issues? What Hollywood and rdean think of as real, and truth seem to be in opposition most of the time.

How is it a hatchet job? The movie is based on quotes from people who were in the room.

Is this movie for real?

How stupid are you?

>

As I have already provided a link to wiki, I won't re-link but.... the Queen has the 'ultimate authority' over her armed forces. She can over ride the PM.

The Commander in Chief of the British Armed Forces is the Queen.... this has also been confirmed by Colin... who actually served in the British Military. idiot.

How stupid are you?

>

Thank you, PJ.

These Palinistas will jump through any hoop to try to excuse her ignorance.

It is curious that you keep ignoring the link that confirms that the Queen can over ride the Prime Minister in the use of HER military.

Why is that? Is it because it proves you are wrong?

You are treating a hatchet job by some Obama water carriers as the truth about her understanding of issues? What Hollywood and rdean think of as real, and truth seem to be in opposition most of the time.

How is it a hatchet job? The movie is based on quotes from people who were in the room.

How very reliable.

Not.

So you think top Republican operatives are part of some vast conspiracy to destroy Palin?

How very reliable.

Not.

So you think top Republican operatives are part of some vast conspiracy to destroy Palin?

Did I say that? No. I said that basing a movie on 'quotes from people who were in the room' does not necessarily make the script accurate.

I couldn't give a rat's ass about Palin... but I do find it funny that idiots mock her for something that she was actually correct about - assuming she said it.

Tell me... do you still believe that Palin said she could see Russia from her house? :lol:

Forum List

Back