Did Sarah Palin believe the Queen is in charge of the British Military?

Palin has a "mean streak"? Really? She's tough. She doesn't back down or run away from tough issues. Somehow that was morphed by the liberal attack machine into her being a "bitch". Of course that shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone since that very same machine turned McCain in "McBush" even though only a scant few years earlier he'd been talked about as a running mate for Al Gore.

Palin wasn't just popular with Republicans in Alaska...she was popular with Democrats as well until she got picked to run against Barack Obama. The reason she had one of the highest favorability ratings of the nation's Governors is that she wasn't partisan and WAS competent.

Gee, wouldn't it be nice to have some of THAT in the White House these days?

Oh yeah, Saint Palin of the Teaparty. The entire teaparty is hateful, all they do is spew Obama hate.

She is an extremist christian wingnut.

awww, all they do is spew (Obama Hate)...and we see here on this board still today all you lefties spew about Bush is LOVE
good grief..

remember folks, telling the truth or ANY criticism about Obama is HATE hate hate hate hate

And in spite of all that hate, he's still here and is on the road to reelection.

Palin crumbles and only does FOX interviews because she was criticized a little.

Oh yeah, Saint Palin of the Teaparty. The entire teaparty is hateful, all they do is spew Obama hate.

awww, all they do is spew (Obama Hate)...and we see here on this board still today all you lefties spew about Bush is LOVE
good grief..

remember folks, telling the truth or ANY criticism about Obama is HATE hate hate hate hate

And in spite of all that hate, he's still here and is on the road to reelection.

Palin crumbles and only does FOX interviews because she was criticized a little.

and your side just goes around attacking PRIVITE CITIZENS to raise money
we'll see about the boykings cruising to a re-election. the heat is a coming

good grief..

Heat? Don't think there is anything like heat acoming from Mitt, Newt, Rick.. They are all considered as goofy as Palin is.

Let her go bop some more fish.

Heat? Don't think there is anything like heat acoming from Mitt, Newt, Rick.. They are all considered as goofy as Palin is.

Normal life really bothers some of you doesn't it? You know that fish doesn't just jump itself on those store shelves.

And Palin isn't going anywhere. She is going to be a pain in the Obama's ass..

But that's clearly not what Palin had in mind, and it's clearly not what CG is trying to get away with by saying it is true.

British Armed Forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Commander-in-Chief of the British Armed Forces is the British monarch, at present Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, to whom members of the forces swear allegiance. Under British constitutional law, the armed forces are subordinate to the Crown, however this power is qualified by the requirement for parliamentary consent to the maintaining of a standing army and Parliament's approval of taxation and supply of funds for the armed forces. Under the 1689 Bill of Rights no standing army may be maintained during time of peace without the consent of Parliament[5] and in modern times Parliament gives this consent every five years by passing an Armed Forces Act. Consistent with longstanding constitutional convention, the Prime Minister holds de facto authority over the use of the armed forces.[6] The armed forces are managed by the Defence Council of the Ministry of Defence, headed by the Secretary of State for Defence.
Yes, Liability already covered that, dearie. It's not what Palin meant, and you are dishonest if you claim she did.

I neither know nor care what Palin said. Fact is, rdean's thread is " Did Sarah Palin believe the Queen is in charge of the British Military?"

Fact is, the Queen is in charge of the British Military. You keep saying she is not.... she is. If someone is being 'dishonest', little man, it is you. Idiot.

obama was elected because he's black. The entire campaign was the racists v the sexists. If obama wasn't black, we'd have a good chance of having President Hillary Clinton OR Vice President Sarah Palin.

I agree with that, though, I think Palin shares a degree of burden for not having insight into her own position.

That would include her family situation. My wife and I were sitting there thinking about it. Having a special needs child, a pregnant daughter, and a deployed son alone would be enough additional pressure to drive anyone to an extreme state of fatigue. Add in being under scrutiny from the whole country and I am much more sympathetic to the duress she was under.

It would be hard to turn that down as an ambitious person, but it would have been the smarter move. The time just wasn't right for her personally and professionally.

As a result, she ended up scuttling a promising political career. I am also a little more understanding of why she bailed out as the AK governor so quickly. I think she was just spent.

I don't think she had any idea how hard a run for the position was going to be. She had an 80% approval rating in Alaska and when she spoke, Rs really liked her. It probably really surprised her when nobody was giving her a pass on her lack of understanding world issues.

McCain's age became an issue because she couldn't grasp the most simple questions.

Of course she was scared but her rhetoric also became problematic for McCain, he had to correct her on the campaign trail. She was stirring up the extreme element and that was getting scary for the campaign. She has a mean streak, it was funny at first but then became disturbing.

Palin has a "mean streak"? Really? She's tough. She doesn't back down or run away from tough issues. Somehow that was morphed by the liberal attack machine into her being a "bitch". Of course that shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone since that very same machine turned McCain in "McBush" even though only a scant few years earlier he'd been talked about as a running mate for Al Gore.

Palin wasn't just popular with Republicans in Alaska...she was popular with Democrats as well until she got picked to run against Barack Obama. The reason she had one of the highest favorability ratings of the nation's Governors is that she wasn't partisan and WAS competent.

Gee, wouldn't it be nice to have some of THAT in the White House these days?
Spoken like a true low information wingnut.

Normal life really bothers some of you doesn't it? You know that fish doesn't just jump itself on those store shelves.

And Palin isn't going anywhere. She is going to be a pain in the Obama's ass..

Is she a private citizen who shouldn't be attacked?

Or is she a Rightwing personality, out there engaging with the public and being a pain in Obama's ass?

Which is it?

Is this another example of wingnuts wanting it both ways while avoiding personal responsibility?

Yes, Liability already covered that, dearie. It's not what Palin meant, and you are dishonest if you claim she did.

I neither know nor care what Palin said. Fact is, rdean's thread is " Did Sarah Palin believe the Queen is in charge of the British Military?"

Fact is, the Queen is in charge of the British Military. You keep saying she is not.... she is. If someone is being 'dishonest', little man, it is you. Idiot.

Define "in charge". That should settle it.

We pledge allegiance to our flag - that doesn't make our flag in charge of our military, dope.

obama was elected because he's black. The entire campaign was the racists v the sexists. If obama wasn't black, we'd have a good chance of having President Hillary Clinton OR Vice President Sarah Palin.
He's Black? I thought he was half-White?

We pledge allegiance to our flag - that doesn't make our flag in charge of our military, dope.

She is their Commander in Chief, dope.

You said she was "in charge". Define that.

Does she give them orders?
Does she plan the mission?
Does she promote to higher ranks?
Is she held responsible for failure?

I'll wait.

I'll wait.

She is their Commander in Chief. Simple. She no more plans their missions than Obama does. Her Prime Minister, and cabinet, hold responsibility for the military... however, the Queen holds the 'ultimate authority' over the use of HER military. Ask any British military member.... they serve their Queen.

Back Stab | The Weekly Standard

Assholes like rderp still buy it lock, stock

and bile.

Gee.. I did not know this..
'Game Change': Sarah Palin Presidency 'Frightens' Former McCain Strategist Steve Schmidt

"Steve Schmidt, a former campaign strategist for John McCain, discussed HBO's "Game Change" on Monday, stating that the film was a "very accurate" depiction of the 2008 presidential campaign. Schmidt also candidly discussed his part in bringing Sarah Palin onto the Republican ticket."

Sarah, Please run for president we need you and I will Vote for you as I was wrong before. You are the only one that can fix our country!

Last edited:

good grief..

Where would you expect him to "be"? Unfortunately for you, Sarah...the reality is that Barry is not a very good President. He shies away from making any of the tough calls like on how to fix our entitlements or submitting a real budget and points fingers at others for the shortcomings of HIS policies.

Palin on the other hand was great both as mayor of Wasilla and Governor of Alaska. Does she know world history as well as I do? No. Does that make me better suited to be the President than her? Again...no. Henry Ford was once challenged as to his "intelligence". His reply was that even though he didn't know the answers to the questions he was being asked...that he could hire a dozen men who did. So was Henry Ford a failure as an executive because of his "lack" of supposed intelligence? Hard to make that case. Is Barack Obama a better President because of his supposed intelligence? Again...hard to make that case.

Right! Sarah knows what to do as GOD has his hands in it, Pres. Obama acts playing the GOD game. But he know their is a real world to deal with. BTW. Sarah hand is to small to put that on it! But yes I will vote for her any day, to see what GOD can do for all of this mess, wait Sarah said ALL things are GODS works, so God needs to fix his work and why did he allow Pres. Obama be elected? Hmm. A GOD makes mistake? Gee. That is disapointing and a crappy job, I say! Were these instruction on her foot?

Last edited:

I'll wait.

She is their Commander in Chief. Simple. She no more plans their missions than Obama does. Her Prime Minister, and cabinet, hold responsibility for the military... however, the Queen holds the 'ultimate authority' over the use of HER military. Ask any British military member.... they serve their Queen.
I accept your apology. :)

I'll wait.

I accept your apology. :)

I accept your stupidity.

But that's clearly not what Palin had in mind, and it's clearly not what CG is trying to get away with by saying it is true.

British Armed Forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Commander-in-Chief of the British Armed Forces is the British monarch, at present Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, to whom members of the forces swear allegiance. Under British constitutional law, the armed forces are subordinate to the Crown, however this power is qualified by the requirement for parliamentary consent to the maintaining of a standing army and Parliament's approval of taxation and supply of funds for the armed forces. Under the 1689 Bill of Rights no standing army may be maintained during time of peace without the consent of Parliament[5] and in modern times Parliament gives this consent every five years by passing an Armed Forces Act. Consistent with longstanding constitutional convention, the Prime Minister holds de facto authority over the use of the armed forces.[6] The armed forces are managed by the Defence Council of the Ministry of Defence, headed by the Secretary of State for Defence.

First you have to prove that Palin, the real one, not the one in the movie, actually said it.

By "In charge of the British military" I mean that all members of the military swear to obey the Queen personally, that she can actually counter any order given by the Prime Minister, or anyone else, and that authorization for any order is given in her name.

Forum List

Back