Did Rick Santorum really win Iowa?

Florida Central Voter File - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

James Lee's testimony

On 17 April 2001, James Lee testified, before the McKinney panel, that the state had given DBT the directive to add to the purge list people who matched at least 90% of a last name. DBT objected, knowing that this would produce a huge number of false positives (non-felons).[7]

Lee went on saying that the state then ordered DBT to shift to an even lower threshold of 80% match, allowing also names to be reversed (thus a person named Thomas Clarence could be taken to be the same as Clarence Thomas). Besides this, middle initials were skipped, Jr. and Sr. suffixes dropped, and some nicknames and aliases were added to puff up the list.

"DBT told state officials", testified Lee, "that the rules for creating the [purge] list would mean a significant number of people who were not deceased, not registered in more than one county, or not a felon, would be included on the list. DBT made suggestions to reduce the numbers of eligible voters included on the list". According to Lee, to this suggestion the state told the company, "Forget about it".

"The people who worked on this (for DBT) are very adamant... they told them what would happen", said Lee. "The state expected the county supervisors to be the failsafe." Lee said his company will never again get involved in cleansing voting rolls. "We are not confident any of the methods used today can guarantee legal voters will not be wrongfully denied the right to vote", Lee told a group of Atlanta-area black lawmakers in March 2001.[8]

you mean the republicans may have cheated in an elecction?

Oh give it up you idiot, there was no cheating. Democrats are more concerned about this caucus than Repubs.

8 votes may be a win, 8 votes may be a loss, to me it's pretty much a tie since it doesn't really matter in the whole scheme of things. It's only one of many that will help pick the Republican candidate, the one that will defeat 0bummer.

All of this could have been prevented had they made those lying, cheating GOP voters show their ID's. :eusa_whistle:

Note natrue girl just ran away in the face of cold hard undenable court documented FACTS

It's not really ironic. Saying the views of others should be respected and given fair consideration isn't the same as saying they are correct.

But thats just it, they are disrespecting the views not just saying they disagree....as if Santorum's views are worth less than their own just because they are different. Highly ironic.

It's not really ironic. Saying the views of others should be respected and given fair consideration isn't the same as saying they are correct.

But thats just it, they are disrespecting the views not just saying they disagree....as if Santorum's views are worth less than their own just because they are different. Highly ironic.

They're not worth less because they're different. They're worth less because they're morally repugnant.

Santorum is fine with me.

pick the liar if that is what you people are all about

He's the perfect candidate to represent the Tea Party. Talk about how you're only concerned about the economy, but you're really focus is about how quickly you can storm in to the bedroom.

Well this response exposes you to be ignorant of the Tea Party.

Not in the least. The "Tea Party" was just an attempt by the "moral majority" to rebrand themselves.

They're not worth less because they're different. They're worth less because they're morally repugnant.

Thank you for proving my point :D

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Caucus night was chaotic in many places, with hundreds of voters, candidates showing up and the throngs of media who followed. The world's eyes were on Iowa. But in the quiet town of Moulton, Appanoose County, a caucus of 53 people may just blow up the results.

Edward True, 28, of Moulton, said he helped count the votes and jotted the results down on a piece of paper to post to his Facebook page. He said when he checked to make sure the Republican Party of Iowa got the count right, he said he was shocked to find they hadn't.

"When Mitt Romney won Iowa by eight votes and I've got a 20-vote discrepancy here, that right there says Rick Santorum won Iowa," True said. "Not Mitt Romney."

Could Typo Rewrite Caucus History? - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines

So what he is saying is that there was no clear winner being possible thousands of votes could have been collected wrong?

So someone can only be tolerant if the consider the opinions of anti-gay bigots valid? Do they also have to respect racists? What about anti-Semites?

So someone can only be tolerant if the consider the opinions of anti-gay bigots valid? Do they also have to respect racists? What about anti-Semites?

Thats one way to twist it :lol:

I'm more talking about legitimate issues not things like bigotry and racism...those are bad regardless in my opinion.

Illegal Immigration...just becuase someone is for illegal immigration doesn't make them wrong even if I'm against it.

Abortion....those who want to be able to have it aren't wrong even though I personally find taking life to be wrong and would never personally condone it, they just have a different opinion.

Gay Marriage.....those who don't want it aren't bigots just because they are against same sex marriage even if I support it.

We can all play semantics in an effort to defelct if we want ;)

Last edited:
That's the core of why people think Santorum is a freak. Because he thinks gay people are the same as having a woman having sex with a horse.

That's the core of why people think Santorum is a freak. Because he thinks gay people are the same as having a woman having sex with a horse.

I disagree with him, but I understand why he thinks that.
And to be fair to his religious beliefs...using a "horse" sort of mocks his true sentiments.
He beleives that it is unusual for there to be sex between anything but memebrs of the opposite sex.

And when you consider that sex in all living beings is for reasons of procreation..with pleasure being secondary and actually likely developed to be the driving force to have intercourse and procreate....and adding to it that humans can only procreate when there is a man and a woman.....I understand the ideology.

But I disagree with it.

But I do not look down on him for it.

I have found it best to understand why those I disagree with think as they do. It allows me to understand and respect their sentiments.

And to be fair to his religious beliefs...using a "horse" sort of mocks his true sentiments.
He beleives that it is unusual for there to be sex between anything but memebrs of the opposite sex.

And when you consider that sex in all living beings is for reasons of procreation..with pleasure being secondary and actually likely developed to be the driving force to have intercourse and procreate....and adding to it that humans can only procreate when there is a man and a woman.....I understand the ideology.

But I disagree with it.

I have found it best to understand why those I disagree with think as they do. It allows me to understand and respect their sentiments.

Then he should have the courage of his convictions and call for laws against oral sex and masturbation. Also, how is it belittling to his beliefs to say that about a horse? He's expressed that very idea before, except he said dog.

Last edited:

But I disagree with it.

Then he should have the courage of his convictions and call for laws against oral sex and masturbation.

why? No one is out there asking for it to become legal to marry ones hand....or ones lips.

Come on.....you are twisting the crux of the whole gay marriage debate.

No conservative politicians are saying there should be a law making it illegal for two men or two women to have sex.

But two man and two women asked for the right to marry......and thus the debate.

Why must you go on a tangent like that? You are so much better than that.

But I disagree with it.

Then he should have the courage of his convictions and call for laws against oral sex and masturbation.

why? No one is out there asking for it to become legal to marry ones hand....or ones lips.

Come on.....you are twisting the crux of the whole gay marriage debate.

No conservative politicians are saying there should be a law making it illegal for two men or two women to have sex.

But two man and two women asked for the right to marry......and thus the debate.

Why must you go on a tangent like that? You are so much better than that.

Because it's not a tangent. We've had criminal laws against sex between people of the same sex within the past decade. In fact, Santorum's outburst comparing homosexuality to bestiality was in reference to the Supreme Court case that struck down these laws.

The argument clearly isn't about only people who can have babies should be allowed to get married. We allow elderly couples to marry. We allow infertile couples to marry.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back