Did Rick Santorum really win Iowa?

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
DES MOINES, Iowa -- Caucus night was chaotic in many places, with hundreds of voters, candidates showing up and the throngs of media who followed. The world's eyes were on Iowa. But in the quiet town of Moulton, Appanoose County, a caucus of 53 people may just blow up the results.

Edward True, 28, of Moulton, said he helped count the votes and jotted the results down on a piece of paper to post to his Facebook page. He said when he checked to make sure the Republican Party of Iowa got the count right, he said he was shocked to find they hadn't.

"When Mitt Romney won Iowa by eight votes and I've got a 20-vote discrepancy here, that right there says Rick Santorum won Iowa," True said. "Not Mitt Romney."

Could Typo Rewrite Caucus History? - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines

As I was telling my girlfriend on election night, calling the finish anything other than a tie is sorta bogus. I'm sure this happened in other caucus sites as well.

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Caucus night was chaotic in many places, with hundreds of voters, candidates showing up and the throngs of media who followed. The world's eyes were on Iowa. But in the quiet town of Moulton, Appanoose County, a caucus of 53 people may just blow up the results.

Edward True, 28, of Moulton, said he helped count the votes and jotted the results down on a piece of paper to post to his Facebook page. He said when he checked to make sure the Republican Party of Iowa got the count right, he said he was shocked to find they hadn't.

"When Mitt Romney won Iowa by eight votes and I've got a 20-vote discrepancy here, that right there says Rick Santorum won Iowa," True said. "Not Mitt Romney."

Thats interesting...either way Santorum "won" in iowa.....i notice some of the more left-leaning members of this forum are having kiniption fits over the guy which is pretty entertaining for a few reasons

1) Well he is a hardcore social conservative, unlike myself who is libertarian on social issues, but a lot of the "socially liberal social" people on the forum are completely intolerant of his views......kinda ironic if you ask me :)

2) The guy doesn't really stand a chance against obama, those who want obama re-elected should be celebrating this as santorum will ding up romney hardcore with the base.

Last edited:
It's not really ironic. Saying the views of others should be respected and given fair consideration isn't the same as saying they are correct.

Thats interesting...either way Santorum "won" in iowa.....i notice some of the more left-leaning members of this forum are having kiniption fits over the guy which is pretty entertaining for a few reasons

1) Well he is a hardcore social conservative, unlike myself who is libertarian on social issues, but a lot of the "socially liberal social" people on the forum are completely intoleran of his views......kinda ironic if you ask me :)

2) The guy doesn't really stand a chance against obama, those who want obama re-elected should be celebrating this as santorum will ding up romney hardcore with the base.

As long as the Republicans are taking cues from the left about who their candidate should be, I don't see how they really have a chance in November. "It's all Obama's fault" may work for some, but you have to present a coherent vision to win over a majority. I don't see that coming from the Republicans. They aren't on board with fairness with regard to taxes and they are tone-deaf on social issues.

Doesn't matter now. The news media has moved on and all the publicity was Romney won so no matter what happens now the public will always think Romney won. In reality the election is still in progress and won't be decided for awhile because the delegates are not selected yet and anything can happen.

To me it is only media driven event used to eliminate and apportion money. Crazy way to select a candidate to run the country and part of the reason why we cannot get quality people to run for the office.

1) Well he is a hardcore social conservative, unlike myself who is libertarian on social issues, but a lot of the "socially liberal social" people on the forum are completely intoleran of his views......kinda ironic if you ask me :)

As long as the Republicans are taking cues from the left about who their candidate should be, I don't see how they really have a chance in November. "It's all Obama's fault" may work for some, but you have to present a coherent vision to win over a majority. I don't see that coming from the Republicans. They aren't on board with fairness with regard to taxes and they are tone-deaf on social issues.

And the dems want Huntsman or Romney if they can......and they want obama reelected HMMMMMMM :D

Santorum is fine with me.

pick the liar if that is what you people are all about

you mean the republicans may have cheated in an elecction?

Oh give it up you idiot, there was no cheating. Democrats are more concerned about this caucus than Repubs.

8 votes may be a win, 8 votes may be a loss, to me it's pretty much a tie since it doesn't really matter in the whole scheme of things. It's only one of many that will help pick the Republican candidate, the one that will defeat 0bummer.

Santorum is fine with me.

pick the liar if that is what you people are all about

He's the perfect candidate to represent the Tea Party. Talk about how you're only concerned about the economy, but you're really focus is about how quickly you can storm in to the bedroom.

Oh give it up you idiot, there was no cheating. Democrats are more concerned about this caucus than Repubs.

8 votes may be a win, 8 votes may be a loss, to me it's pretty much a tie since it doesn't really matter in the whole scheme of things. It's only one of many that will help pick the Republican candidate, the one that will defeat 0bummer.

There is a decades long court documented trail of republicans cheating in elections

DNC v. RNC Consent Decree | Brennan Center for Justice

In 1982, after caging in predominantly African-American and Latino neighborhoods, the Republican National Committee and New Jersey Republican State Committee entered into a consent decree with their Democratic party counterparts. Under that decree and its 1987 successor, the Republican party organizations agreed to allow a federal court to review proposed “ballot security” programs, including any proposed voter caging.

The consent decree has been invoked several times, by the parties to the decree and by others. Most recently, in late 2008, the Democratic National Committee and Obama for America sought to enforce the consent decree, claiming that the Republican National Committee had not submitted alleged ballot security operations for review. After the election, the Republican National Committee asked the federal court to vacate or substantially modify the decree. A hearing on that motion is currently scheduled for May 5, 2009.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

yeah right

It must be tough living your life worried about how people that think differently than you are always looking to cheat.

I believe that may be why you always seem to come accross as a bitter person.

They have cheated for decades.

the proof is in court documents.

Its undenable FACT

There is a decades long court documented trail of republicans cheating in elections

Oh yea, and we know Dems don't cheat. You certainly are a bitter, sad individual. I'm glad I don't have to live in your head.

In the end all that matters is that the American people win and get out from under this dark cloud created by the administration from Chicago.

Forum List

Back