Did Blinken just announce WWIII?

I’d never refer to you as smart, but I have missed your inane warmongering statists posts. They’re always good for a laugh. Thank you.
I'm not a warmonger. I simply want to kill everyone who might threaten peace in the future.

You know I have laid out a design for a new United Nations that would ultimately ensure peace for almost all nations

And in that? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference between Moscow and Washington at this point.

iu

SO? It would be best if we just stayed the hell out of their sphere of influence, and if they? Just stayed out of what our oligarchs consider theirs.

Ukraine should remain a neutral buffer state. . . and to those who live there? OH WELL.
who do you think are Americas "Oligarchs"

I think someone might have mentioned this. . . before. We had a disagreement about it, and I had a hard time believing the leader of a major power would make such a bold and inflammatory statement.

I asked for a link to such a statement, and all they could give me, were western propaganda sources, making the claim. They could not, actually, give me the link to the transcribed speech where he did so.

But. . . if you could, please do so.

Till then, we will chalk that up to a matter of how his remarks have been misinterpreted to push an agenda by the west.

But let’s look at Vlad the Impotent’s own 5,000 word essay on the matter.

In that essay Vlad claims that Ukraine is really just part of the old Rus empire. Not really an independent nation. And their independence was tolerated so long as they played with Russia first. After all Russia was so tolerant of them.

And in that? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference between Moscow and Washington at this point.

iu

SO? It would be best if we just stayed the hell out of their sphere of influence, and if they? Just stayed out of what our oligarchs consider theirs.

Ukraine should remain a neutral buffer state. . . and to those who live there? OH WELL.

Russia has also said Alaska is actually theirs. Do we abandon Alaska to keep from interfering with their zone of influence?

Russia has also said Alaska is actually theirs. Do we abandon Alaska to keep from interfering with their zone of influence?
Ukraine was last part of Russia in 1917.

Finland was last part of Russia in 1917.

I think we all know why the bully didn't invade Finland.

In that essay Vlad claims that Ukraine is really just part of the old Rus empire. Not really an independent nation. And their independence was tolerated so long as they played with Russia first. After all Russia was so tolerant of them.
Is he not correct?

". . . Therefore, modern Ukraine is entirely the product of the Soviet era. We know and remember well that it was shaped – for a significant part – on the lands of historical Russia. To make sure of that, it is enough to look at the boundaries of the lands reunited with the Russian state in the 17th century and the territory of the Ukrainian SSR when it left the Soviet Union.. . ."

The people of Russia? The people of Ukraine? They have the same history, and the same culture. . . just as Americans and the British do. It is nuts that they are at war in the modern era. This is due to machinations of the west, the crown, Brussels, and D.C.

There never was a modern Ukrainian nation state, this? Is true, it is not false. Everyone, had only ever referred to it as.. . "the Ukraine," before the 1990's. Who the hell are you trying to bullshit here? :dunno:

1712447944390.png

All I know, is that this shit is no more our business, than the stuff that goes on over here, is any Russian or Ukrainian's business.

:rolleyes:

The Kievan-Rus: Ukraine's Viking Founders - DOCUMENTARY​

A Brief History of Ukraine​

". . . Prince Volodomyr, as he is known in Ukraine, is hailed as one of the founding fathers of the Ukrainian nation: he consolidated rule over Kyiv and Novgorod, ruled over the Rus' from Kyiv before Moscow was even built, and Christianized the nation. But on the 1,000th anniversary of his death in 2015, Russia celebrated his legacy as one of the founding fathers of Russia by hosting nationwide events and erecting a statue in his honour in Moscow, a city that didn't even exist during Vladimir's lifetime.

Or take Yaroslav the Wise, one of Vladimir/Volodymyr's sons and the man who ruled as Grand Prince of Kiev (or is that Kyiv?) from 1019 to 1054. Like his father, Yaroslav is venerated as a founding father of both Ukraine and Russia. He expanded the Kievan Rus' territory to its greatest extent, introduced the first legal code of the Rus' people and promoted public education. And, like his father, he has become a point of vicious political contention between Ukrainian and Russian patriots.

The tale of Yaroslav's legacy is especially bizarre, centering as it does on the mystery of what happened to his bones, which were preserved for centuries at St. Sophia Cathedral in Kyiv. The crypt was opened in 1939 and the skeletons inside—one male and one female, presumed to be the remains of Yaroslav and his second wife—were shipped to Leningrad and carbon dated to the 11th century. The bones were then returned to Kyiv and supposedly reinstalled in the crypt in 1964. But, when the crypt was reopened in 2009, Yaroslav's bones were missing.

What would seem like a strange and macabre historical mystery has predictably turned into a major political row. Ukrainian authorities are determined to recover the remains (which may or may not reside in New York) in a bid to reclaim Ukrainian history and to prevent Russians from, as Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba puts it, "instrumentaliz[ing] the history of Rus in order to serve modern Putinist myths and illegitimate territorial claims."

I could go on, but you get the point by now. Everything in the history of Ukraine is a bone of contention, a potential weapon in the ongoing war between the various factions seeking to control Ukraine and its peoples. . . "

Seeing as how you make stuff up all the time and follow the party of making stuff up the shoe certainly fits you
Buuut, you still just did that very thing.

Go read up on what Putin has to say about Ukraine's sovereignty. See what his toadies are saying about Ukrainians now, too.

I know that Russia started the conflict by invading Ukraine
If the Europeans that were a party to the Minsk accords, had lived up to, and forced Kyiv to live up to their end? There would have been no war.

However, they wanted to force the eastern separatists up against a wall, and force Russia's hand, they have admitted as much about the Minsk accords. They have also admitted that they don't think much about the rights of the folks in the east or in Crimea either.

Both Merkel and Macron admitted, they were only using Minsk as a stalling tactic, to prepare for war. . . SO? If they knew they were getting ready for it? It was only a matter of crossing the red lines and provoking Russia, wasn't it?

". . Putin then took issue with Zelensky’s apparent refusal to negotiate with pro-Kremlin Ukrainian separatists, which infuriated the French president and prompted him to exclaim in audible frustration: “I don’t know where your lawyer learned law!”

Macron and Putin negotiated about Ukraine a while ago​

(This phone call is between Putin and Macron, four days before the invasion, taken from the above linked documentary.)

This is, IMO, is an eye opener. I think we learn more about Putin and Macron in this short exchange than years of B.S. propaganda from ours or their media. . .

How did it get out? I can't even begin to speculate. I believe it was copied/ripped from that documentary linked above.

. . . so. . . we'll post it here, b/c y'all know, regardless of biases, I'm all about keeping folks informed.

Forum List

Back