Did a Scandal Sink the U.S.S. Palin?

I know what you say is true, but unless she goes back to junior college to learn basic U.S. governnment and can explain what she learned coherently, she doesn't scare me one bit.
Politics for her is not about convining you sir, your signature indicates you wouldn't vote for a GoP in any event.

All she needs to do is convinve the people hurting form the economy that she has a better vision and she will win.

Remember, Hitler wasn't a genius either yet he ran a major power.

can she win over the center and independents?

Not if she doesn't change her image from what it was last year. I don't think she can or will even try, which, again, is why I'm not scared of her.

(although I admit the thought of her being Prez is scary in and of itself)

Politics for her is not about convining you sir, your signature indicates you wouldn't vote for a GoP in any event.

All she needs to do is convinve the people hurting form the economy that she has a better vision and she will win.

Not if she doesn't change her image from what it was last year. I don't think she can or will even try, which, again, is why I'm not scared of her.

an image can change SIGNIFICANTLY in 3 years.

Maybe one of these might be the reason:

10. She's moving to the lower 48 because Alaska is just too far from Glenn Beck.

9. After 30 months as governor, she's cracking under the stress of protecting the U.S. from Russia.

8. She doesn't want her tenure as governor to overshadow her experience as mayor of Wasilla.

7. She wants some time off to go hiking.

6. The Alaska state legislature wasn't giving her time to go for her daily runs, and sweat is her sanity.

5. She's training to beat President Obama in a marathon.

4. Because that's what Joe Vogler would have done.

3. Maybe she was just jealous of all the attention Michael Jackson is getting.

2. She's decided to run for President. Of Alaska.

1. There's another shoe left to drop.

:lol:

The only problem with her image stems from the state-run media, and that's going to be an uphill battle for anyone. I thought she did incredibly well considering how she's been sabotaged, how hard she campaigned yet maintained a family and Alaska, she must have been exhausted.

She's proved herself with an excellent track record with what she did with Alaska. She's far more qualified than obamasama ever was. She just needs to reign in a bit and without having to care about keeping in step with McCain she should rock in 2012, and the libs know it, that's why they're all chanting venom already.

Last edited:

an image can change SIGNIFICANTLY in 3 years.

and refined, when one doesn't have to concentrate on governing the people of Alaska...

3 years is a long time...

you are a yellow dog democrat
there is nothing anyone could do to change that
you arent anywhere NEAR center to tell how they might change

That would be great news, if true.

your Vote Republican Sig is quite funny, since the far left of your party,is the one group of people in this country who take absoulutly NO responsibility for anything they have fucked up....its always somebody else's fault....

Exactly Harry. There is no scandal other than the incredible hatred the alphabet soup media focuses on this woman. I suspect she's resigning because she seen all the abuse heaped on her family -not just herself - by the Kosites and and Huffinpuffers and the willingness of the alphabet soup media to take it at face value and has had enough of the crap. As Mr. Harris once said (and I paraphrase) anyone willing to put up with the crap you have to put up with to get the job of president probably shouldn't be permitted to have it. Obama being prima facie evidence for that view.

Last edited:
It is all rather abrupt. She had difficulty breathing through her press conference as well. Time will tell.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACKm0AwStA8]YouTube - Palin Resigns[/ame]

your Vote Republican Sig is quite funny, since the far left of your party,is the one group of people in this country who take absoulutly NO responsibility for anything they have fucked up....its always somebody else's fault....

That's funny, whenever I hear certain RW talking heads on the radio lately, they're complaining the most recent fuckups on the part of the family values republicans are Pres. Obama's fault.

That's funny, whenever I hear certain RW talking heads on the radio lately, they're complaining the most recent fuckups on the part of the family values republicans are Pres. Obama's fault.
and which talking heads are those?
must be some i've never listened to

I know what you say is true, but unless she goes back to junior college to learn basic U.S. governnment and can explain what she learned coherently, she doesn't scare me one bit.

Why not?

All she has to do is answer the nutballs who accused her of beliveing dinos walked the earth 6,000 years ago and a large portion of the bull thrown her way will disapate.

Not doing that really hurt her last time.

After Bush and Obama, she will be a stark improvement.

Bush was a fool and Barry is a boob.

I don't think that Palin resigned due to scandal (although in this business, that could be a very real cause)... I happen to think that she resigned in order to go on the road, sell some books, wine and dine top GOP dogs, and make a dash for the open Alaskan Senate seat in 2010- Placing her smack dab in the middle of the race for the party's nomination for 2012.

Although I'm a conservative, I must admit that I wasn't that impressed with her speech today. Between the animals wailing in the background, the twenty five minutes it took for her to give the inevitable news, and her way too simple use of the English language her actions today only discouraged me from giving her my vote in January 2012... I'll probably waste another vote on someone like Ron Paul again!

Last edited:
Xeno, I will ask you this, because I know you're non-partisan.

Do you honestly think the GOP wants her to run in 2012, and do you think she has a chance to actually get the nomination?

I don't believe the party wants her, she has bucked them her entire career.

The GoP are the party of stupid clucks, it showed when then ran lib lite McCain vs lib heavy Obama, they got smoked.

Just as dems do poorly trying to be GoPers (2000, 2002, 2004) the GoPers do poorly trying to be Dems (2006 & 2008)

Evertything hinges on the economy, if Obama pushes cap & trade virtually ANYONE will defeat him in 2012.

No amount of campaigning can change the mind of someone ruined by something like that.

Interesting. Harry Truman once said "The real republican always wins." Is that what you think happened to McCain in reverse?

When and where did Truman ever say that? Provide a link...

The Republicans believe that the power of government should be used first of all to help the rich and the privileged in the country. With them, property, wealth, comes first. The Democrats believe that the power of government should be used to give the common man more protection and a chance to make a living. With us the people come first.
Address at Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah.
October 6, 1952

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=14285

What a wonderful Indpendence day present for Alaska.

I think Palin should run on the Republican ticket.

She sounds much like the angry right wing posters here, so she'd make an excellent candidate for that crowd.

She has a couple years to bone up on everything she doesn't know about the real world, so who knows?

Maybe next she runs she won't make herself sound like an completely clueless moron.

Xeno, I will ask you this, because I know you're non-partisan.

Do you honestly think the GOP wants her to run in 2012, and do you think she has a chance to actually get the nomination?

I don't believe the party wants her, she has bucked them her entire career.

The GoP are the party of stupid clucks, it showed when then ran lib lite McCain vs lib heavy Obama, they got smoked.

Just as dems do poorly trying to be GoPers (2000, 2002, 2004) the GoPers do poorly trying to be Dems (2006 & 2008)

Evertything hinges on the economy, if Obama pushes cap & trade virtually ANYONE will defeat him in 2012.

No amount of campaigning can change the mind of someone ruined by something like that.

Was just talking about this with a friend last night. He seems to think that she'll run, and give Romney a run for his money in the primaries, but won't be able to beat him out despite her "appeal" to the fundamental conservative base. So I ask myself: If the pubs rejected a Mormon last time around, why would they embrace him in 2012? Damned if the economy wasn't the central issue around last Sept., and Romney probably would have toasted Obama in any discussion on finance.

If this speculation is true, how would resigning her position "avert a major scandal". She'd have to answer for it even if she weren't governor anymore, right?

He isn't the brightest bulb in the pack.....

Well, let's speculate oh such bright ones...IF there is a major scandal approaching, there are 3 choices...

1) Resign before it comes out, then you can blame the mean old media, embrace your guns, God and family...

2) Remain in office and fight the charges...

3) Remain in office, and be forced to resign BECAUSE of the scandal...

Forum List

Back