Colin Powell Jumping Ship?

Brn2bfree

Apr 1, 2009

George Joyce
Add Colin Powell to the ranks of Americans waking up from the Obama induced stupor. The Washington Times is reporting that Mr. Powell has voiced serious reservations in a CNN interview about Obama's big government agenda and its consequences for our nation and our children.

In the CNN interview to be aired Sunday on "State of the Union with John King" Powell cautioned Mr. Obama about "budgets that are running into the multi-trillions of dollars" and "a huge, huge national debt that, if we don't pay for in our lifetime, our kids and grandkids and great-grandchildren will have to pay for it."

Haven't conservatives been issuing these same warnings ever since Obama began his presidential campaign? It seems rather disingenuous for Mr. Powell, an early Obama supporter, to suddenly have this epiphany after a mountain of economic evidence has portended the frightening consequences of President Obama's budget.

Maybe it's Powell's way of distancing himself from the Democrats after Obama's truly outrageous handling of recent events in Honduras and in Iran.

Remember about a month ago when Newsweek's Evan Thomas gushed:

"I mean in a way Obama's standing above the country, above - above the world, he's sort of God."

I guess even Colin Powell assumes that God would be able to balance a budget.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colin Powell doesn't know if he's Right or Left. ....kinda like Michael Jackson...with black or white.
He supported Obama from the begining. He became a traitor to the Republicans.

Obama told the world what he was going to do..... and Powell knew this. But he wanted to get on the 'first black president' bandwagon...He wanted to be a part of this.

Now the American people are starting to wake up to Obama's massive spending....
He too want's to get on this bandwagon.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT. Colin has finally figured out that he voted for the wrong guy and he is a black man to boot.

Too much government spending, gonna bankrupt the country.

UNLIKE OBAMA, POWELL LOVES HIS COUNTRY, OBAMA DOES NOT.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT. Colin has finally figured out that he voted for the wrong guy and he is a black man to boot.

Powell sold out any conservative ideals, and he did it for race and Washington popularity. That has been the mainstay of his entire political career. If he wants to admit his mistake, all the better, but other than that he should stay out of Republican politics; he has no ideas, much less new ideas, and is a distraction, and worse still will do it again creating more chaos given the opportunity.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
It's a lot easier to keep your mouth shut than it is to admit you were wrong and belly up to the all-you-can-eat crow buffet.

I respect the fact Powell is willing to admit publicly he was snowed by our Con-Artist-in-Chief. God knows he wasn't the only one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Great point....He didn't have to speak out but he loves his country were Obama doesn't. That's the military in him coming to haunt him.

It's a lot easier to keep your mouth shut than it is to admit you were wrong and belly up to the all-you-can-eat crow buffet.

I respect the fact Powell is willing to admit publicly he was snowed by our Con-Artist-in-Chief. God knows he wasn't the only one.

Powell was deceived by Bush for his UN testimony in the ramp up to war. He was lied to by Obama who indicated that he was a cross the aisle kind of a guy.

Powell is my choice to be the next president. A responsible straight shooter who will tell the truth and live by the words he speaks.

Can such a man still be elected in our system?

If the Republicans run a black man and the Democrats run a black man, who will Jean Garrafalo charge as the racist? We know she has to scream that at someone.

Powell is a scrumbag,, kicked his best liberal friend McCain to the Curb,, so he could vote along racial lines.. no respect left for him.

Powell is a scrumbag,, kicked his best liberal friend McCain to the Curb,, so he could vote along racial lines.. no respect left for him.
Powell took the cowards way out. He could've shown courage but failed that test.
I hate it when the R side jumps on some celeb type candidate for president: Arnold (change the constitution? conservative?), Powell, Condaleeza Rice, it shows no political sophistication at all, and almost desperation.

Powell was deceived by Bush for his UN testimony in the ramp up to war. He was lied to by Obama who indicated that he was a cross the aisle kind of a guy.

Powell is my choice to be the next president. A responsible straight shooter who will tell the truth and live by the words he speaks.

Can such a man still be elected in our system?

If the Republicans run a black man and the Democrats run a black man, who will Jean Garrafalo charge as the racist? We know she has to scream that at someone.

I would have serious reservation about backing Powell for President.

As George Bush would say "There's a saying in Tennessee...There's a saying in Texas, maybe it's a saying in Tennessee. Fool me once, Shame on......Shame on you.......You can't get fooled again."

Powell has reservations about "budgets that are running into the multi-trillions of dollars"?

That's rich, coming from someone whose entire career was funded with public debt.

You do realize that were it not for the 65% of the budget spent on social programs the government wouldn't be in the hole.

Powell has reservations about "budgets that are running into the multi-trillions of dollars"?

That's rich, coming from someone whose entire career was funded with public debt.

\

You mean the government spent dollars on defense, the real purpose of government?

You do realize that were it not for the 65% of the budget spent on social programs the government wouldn't be in the hole.

Yup, the government should stop paying retirees SS and Medicare benefits. That definitely would be the answer to our problems.

Powell sold out any conservative ideals, and he did it for race and Washington popularity. That has been the mainstay of his entire political career. If he wants to admit his mistake, all the better, but other than that he should stay out of Republican politics; he has no ideas, much less new ideas, and is a distraction, and worse still will do it again creating more chaos given the opportunity.

Colin Powell doesn't have a dishonest or disingenuous bone in his body. His concern about the increased debt is valid, and he's most assuredly not the only Obama supporter to come out and openly assert his concern. Hello?

I'm quite sure that if General Powell were to flip back again and support a Republican candidate, you people would be slobbering all over him as the GOP's voice of wisdom. You're so transparent, it's sickening.

Powell blew his reputation by lying for Bush so that Bush could go to war in Iraq.
Powell, Tenet, Bush, Blair all believed at the time what was said at the UN. If Powell couldn't stand the heat he should've stayed out of the kitchen; screw him.

Um, he did get out. You need to read at least one of the several books that cover why, and the agonizing decision he had to make because he firmly believed the Iraq invasion was WRONG!

Forum List

Back