Did a Scandal Sink the U.S.S. Palin?

The only problem with her image stems from the state-run media, and that's going to be an uphill battle for anyone. I thought she did incredibly well considering how she's been sabotaged, how hard she campaigned yet maintained a family and Alaska, she must have been exhausted.

She's proved herself with an excellent track record with what she did with Alaska. She's far more qualified than obamasama ever was. She just needs to reign in a bit and without having to care about keeping in step with McCain she should rock in 2012, and the libs know it, that's why they're all chanting venom already.

As an independent I find Palin Charismatic but naieve and a hypocritic on too many issues.

I think the democrats (Libs) would love to have her be the Republican nominee in 2012.

Does the fact she quit as govenor because she is a lame duck mean she would quit as president half way through her term because she is a lame duck?

On basic surface qualities she is liked by many because of her gumption. But on surface qualities she is now a quitter.

If there's not a youtube vid, then it can't be a conspiracy threory.

Right? :eusa_whistle:

I don't believe the party wants her, she has bucked them her entire career.

The GoP are the party of stupid clucks, it showed when then ran lib lite McCain vs lib heavy Obama, they got smoked.

Just as dems do poorly trying to be GoPers (2000, 2002, 2004) the GoPers do poorly trying to be Dems (2006 & 2008)

Evertything hinges on the economy, if Obama pushes cap & trade virtually ANYONE will defeat him in 2012.

No amount of campaigning can change the mind of someone ruined by something like that.

Was just talking about this with a friend last night. He seems to think that she'll run, and give Romney a run for his money in the primaries, but won't be able to beat him out despite her "appeal" to the fundamental conservative base. So I ask myself: If the pubs rejected a Mormon last time around, why would they embrace him in 2012? Damned if the economy wasn't the central issue around last Sept., and Romney probably would have toasted Obama in any discussion on finance.
If the GoP wants to stay down, they will support Mitt Romney.

He has the same exact problem McCain had, he is a massive Rino and won't get conservative support.

That is a real problem with looking ahead to elections, the tendancy for everyone to look behind and think this or that person will somehow do better this time.

John Edwards was a great example, Mitt Romney will be also.

The people that have a chance are those who actually got a nomination, like palin, or new blood not yet seen.

But it won't be Romney, nor Gulianni or the ancient and befuddled Fred Thompson.

I don't see Thompson running again, but I've been known to be wrong a time or two <chuckle>

See, the thing about those RINOs, somehow, the MAJORITY of the Repubs went for McCain anyway, so what's up with that? Me? I saw him for what he was, and the way he was way back in the day was the way I liked him, but he wasn't THAT way any more either. He became just another self-serving POS as far as I was concerned.

That's exactly how I saw/see Palin for accepting his offer of VP. She's a "nobody", but supposedly with "conservative values", and the people with those "values" are eating her up, loving every minute of her, and bringing McCain's campaign to life. Still, he doesn't stand a chance in hell, and she damned well knows it, but she hitches herself to the wagon anyway to grab her few minutes of fame while using it as a rung on the ladder for herself.

Are there any politicians out there who understand and practice PUBLIC SERVICE?

its official...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oif6JQnasV4]YouTube - Hidden Messages Sarah Palin Conspiracy[/ame]

the stuff about the ducks and fish was...code...she wasn't really talking about ducks and fish

Wooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo! :clap2:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The only problem with her image stems from the state-run media, and that's going to be an uphill battle for anyone. I thought she did incredibly well considering how she's been sabotaged, how hard she campaigned yet maintained a family and Alaska, she must have been exhausted.

She's proved herself with an excellent track record with what she did with Alaska. She's far more qualified than obamasama ever was. She just needs to reign in a bit and without having to care about keeping in step with McCain she should rock in 2012, and the libs know it, that's why they're all chanting venom already.

As an independent I find Palin Charismatic but naieve and a hypocritic on too many issues.

I think the democrats (Libs) would love to have her be the Republican nominee in 2012.

Does the fact she quit as govenor because she is a lame duck mean she would quit as president half way through her term because she is a lame duck?

On basic surface qualities she is liked by many because of her gumption. But on surface qualities she is now a quitter.
are prez even knew for having to spend hundreds of thousands of money to defend themselves from ethic complaints that take up alot of time and shit?:doubt:

its official...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oif6JQnasV4]YouTube - Hidden Messages Sarah Palin Conspiracy[/ame]

the stuff about the ducks and fish was...code...she wasn't really talking about ducks and fish
you dont understand what "lame duck" means in politics?

are prez even knew for having to spend hundreds of thousands of money to defend themselves from ethic complaints that take up alot of time and shit?:doubt:

:confused:

smh was i being too simple? she said she's goona resign b/c she has to deal with too much with the bogus ethic complaints against her, she has to spend too money and time. Basically she's saying these ethics complaints are making her a lame duck. so i asked do prez have to deal with that? no.

:confused:

smh was i being too simple? she said she's goona resign b/c she has to deal with too much with the bogus ethic complaints against her, she has to spend too money and time. Basically she's saying these ethics complaints are making her a lame duck. so i asked do prez have to deal with that? no.

Jennifer Bush, if you want to make your points clear and want people to listen to you, either:

1) Don't post drunk

2) If you do post drunk, at least use spell check!

:lol:

Now that Murdock has the Wall Street Journal along with the far right FOX, that could all change. Murdock is taking an independent Wall Street Journal and perverting it to his taste. You only need to watch FOX for a few minutes to realize that.

Funny how you rail over the liberal press but the Wall Street Journal has never been featured on MSNBC or CNN. Now that they are owned by Murdock they are regulars on the FOX network. They are becoming another far right voice, in the likes of Limbaugh and Beck.

So much for another independent media outlet...But do please keep railing over the liberal media!

its official...

you dont understand what "lame duck" means in politics?

no you don't understand my comedic genius..which just makes it even funnier...

Jennifer Bush, if you want to make your points clear and want people to listen to you, either:

1) Don't post drunk

plz stop it, my post was clear, i was asking a question
that is still not being answered

1) Don't post drunk

plz stop it, my post was clear, i was asking a question
that is still not being answered

No, actually your first post was clear as mud, but I see your point now.

Thing is, though, comparing her situation to a prez (or do you mean THE prez?) is irrelevant.

CNN and other major news outlets have reported that Sarah Palin has abruptly resigned as governor of Alaska. The suddenness of her announcement raises the question about whether Palin resigned to avert a major scandal. One logical place to start looking is the affair that has Alaska political circles buzzing: an alleged scandal centered around a building contractor, Spenard Building Supplies (SBS), with close ties to Palin and her husband, Todd.

Many political observers in Alaska are fixated on rumors that federal investigators have been seizing paperwork from SBS in recent months, searching for evidence that Palin and her husband Todd steered lucrative contracts to the well-connected company in exchange for gifts like the construction of their home on pristine Lake Lucille in 2002. The home was built just two months before Palin began campaigning for governor, a job which would have provided her enhanced power to grant building contracts in the wide open state.

SBS has close ties to the Palins. The company has not only sponsored Todd Palin's snowmobile team, according to the Village Voice's Wayne Barrett, it hired Sarah Palin to do a statewide television commercial in 2004.

Though Todd Palin told Fox News he built his Lake Lucille home with the help of a few "buddies," according to Barrett’s report, public records revealed that SBS supplied the materials for the house. While serving as mayor of Wasilla, Sarah Palin blocked an initiative that would have required the public filing of building permits—thus momentarily preventing the revelation of such suspicious information.

Just months before Palin left city hall to campaign for governor, she awarded a contract to SBS to help build the $13 million Wasilla Sports Complex. The most expensive building project in Wasilla history, the complex cost the city an addition $1.3 million in legal fees and threw it into severe long-term debt. For SBS, however, the bloated and bungled project was a cash cow.

Read more...

*yawn*

We know one thing ... scandal won't stop a Dem. It's okay for them to be worthless, immoral pieces of shit. But Lord help the conservative that dares be human.

Try to gag on Teddy's cock with some dignity, huh?:eusa_eh:

Flailin Palin resigned because with her book deal she does not need to be Gov anymore. She may come back in 2012 as the GOP Presidential candidate. That would be the perfect ticket!

Palin and Limbaugh...if of course he is willing to work under a woman. Of course, with his weight that might be the only option open.

Palin and Limbaugh...if of course he is willing to work under a woman. Of course, with his weight that might be the only option open.

^^^^^^

How nice to be on a mixed Liberal/Con message board where one can actually say this.

CNN and other major news outlets have reported that Sarah Palin has abruptly resigned as governor of Alaska. The suddenness of her announcement raises the question about whether Palin resigned to avert a major scandal. One logical place to start looking is the affair that has Alaska political circles buzzing: an alleged scandal centered around a building contractor, Spenard Building Supplies (SBS), with close ties to Palin and her husband, Todd.

Many political observers in Alaska are fixated on rumors that federal investigators have been seizing paperwork from SBS in recent months, searching for evidence that Palin and her husband Todd steered lucrative contracts to the well-connected company in exchange for gifts like the construction of their home on pristine Lake Lucille in 2002. The home was built just two months before Palin began campaigning for governor, a job which would have provided her enhanced power to grant building contracts in the wide open state.

SBS has close ties to the Palins. The company has not only sponsored Todd Palin's snowmobile team, according to the Village Voice's Wayne Barrett, it hired Sarah Palin to do a statewide television commercial in 2004.

Though Todd Palin told Fox News he built his Lake Lucille home with the help of a few "buddies," according to Barrett’s report, public records revealed that SBS supplied the materials for the house. While serving as mayor of Wasilla, Sarah Palin blocked an initiative that would have required the public filing of building permits—thus momentarily preventing the revelation of such suspicious information.

Just months before Palin left city hall to campaign for governor, she awarded a contract to SBS to help build the $13 million Wasilla Sports Complex. The most expensive building project in Wasilla history, the complex cost the city an addition $1.3 million in legal fees and threw it into severe long-term debt. For SBS, however, the bloated and bungled project was a cash cow.

Read more...

*yawn*

We know one thing ... scandal won't stop a Dem. It's okay for them to be worthless, immoral pieces of shit. But Lord help the conservative that dares be human.

Try to gag on Teddy's cock with some dignity, huh?:eusa_eh:

WOW Gunny, all in the same sentence...when it's a Dem, he or she is a worthless, immoral piece of shit...when it's a conservative, he or she is just daring to be human...

I'm glad you have no gag reflex....

Forum List

Back