Detroit was Hockeytown!!! <snicker>

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Anyone think it'll be a sweep? I think it will go 5. Cindy Crawford is good. Osgood got a lot of luck last night. Wings could have easily lost that game. It sure is a game of inches.

But it is the Wings year, no question about it. We are the Yankees of Hockey.

I don't even like hockey until this time of year and ONLY if the Wings are in it. But it is nice to rule something. Do any of you have a sport that you feel your city dominates at? I already gave NY that for baseball.

Which city thinks they rule at Football? I'd say New England or Dallas.

How about Basketball? I'd say LA or Boston could make a case. Not Chicago because they only won in the Jordan era. I've seen Boston & LA win now and in the past. Because of Magic Johnson & Kobe/Shaq eras, I'd give it to LA.

Yankees are the best because they buy the best players every year in the off season, and they have been struggling recently with the AL east getting even more competitive some how.

I hate the Steelers, but they are the best team in the NFL.

Go wings

I'm a Pens fan but I have to give it to the red wings they are tough,
baseball , Yankees is usually the pick but lately they haven't been doing so good

now football, It has to be the Steelers
you say New England they have only been good or dominate since Brady got his start
and Dallas ha ha ha please they haven't won a playoff game in I think 10 years

Yankees are the best because they buy the best players every year in the off season, and they have been struggling recently with the AL east getting even more competitive some how.

I hate the Steelers, but they are the best team in the NFL.

Go wings

People used to say Detroit was the best for the same reason as the Yankees. The owner spared no expense. But then the salary cap came and I thought the Red Wings would no longer dominate, yet somehow they still do.

I Steelers. I hadn't thought about them as being "America's Team". Remember Dallas said they were? I disagree. Yea, Steelers is a good choice.

I'm a Pens fan but I have to give it to the red wings they are tough,
baseball , Yankees is usually the pick but lately they haven't been doing so good

now football, It has to be the Steelers
you say New England they have only been good or dominate since Brady got his start
and Dallas ha ha ha please they haven't won a playoff game in I think 10 years

Yankees are still competitive every year/decade. They are held to a higher standard than every other team.

Atlanta Braves could have taken over the baseball title when they had Glavin and Smoltz and it seemed like they were great every year for 10 years, but they didn't win enough. Making the playoffs every year doesn't mean that much to me unless you win a lot. This is why the Piston's aren't a dynasty. They only won in 2004. Had they won one more they would have gotten a lot more respect. Even though they made the finals or Eastern finals for what seemed like 10 years, you still don't put them in the same category as a LA or Boston or even Chicago Bulls. Maybe Chicago. We won in 89 and 90 and 2004. They won 6 in between. I'd have to give the edge to the Bulls.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge hockey fan, simply because we don't have hockey here in Indy.

But,,,,,,,,,when I think of the "Hockey Team Legends" these teams come to mind:

Pittsburgh Penguins

Boston Bruins

Detroit Red Wings

Pittsburgh Penguins

Boston Bruins

Detroit Red Wings

As a Bruins fan I'd say thank you. But as a long time hockey fan you're nukkin futts for not placing the Montreal Canadiens... at the top of this list.

Pittsburgh Penguins

Boston Bruins

Detroit Red Wings

You know what's funny? I don't even know what team to associate Wayne Gretzke to because he was such a whore. :lol:

Most greats like him you associate with a team.

The Red Wings sucked the years Gretzke was great so I didn't watch a lot too. That might have something to do with me not knowing who he played for.

Pittsburgh Penguins

Boston Bruins

Detroit Red Wings

As a Bruins fan I'd say thank you. But as a long time hockey fan you're nukkin futts for not placing the Montreal Canadiens... at the top of this list.

I hope Said1 doesn't get mad at me! :redface:

Wayne Gretzky's team?

You got lucky against the baby hawks! Wait for them to grow up and they will be a force to reckon!

Pittsburgh Penguins

Boston Bruins

Detroit Red Wings

Wayne Gretzky's team?

Gretzky's team was the Edmonton Oilers. Sealy is being a bobo pretending that Gretzky's late career move to the LA Kings somehow cheapens the greatness of The Great One.

The Montreal Canadiens are the team that has won the Stanley Cup 23 times. Second only in big 4 titles to the Yankees 26 WS wins and something like 13 more than the Red Wings.

Wayne Gretzky's team?

Gretzky's team was the Edmonton Oilers. Sealy is being a bobo pretending that Gretzky's late career move to the LA Kings somehow cheapens the greatness of The Great One.

The Montreal Canadiens are the team that has won the Stanley Cup 23 times. Second only in big 4 titles to the Yankees 26 WS wins and something like 13 more than the Red Wings.

I thought Gretzky moved around more than that. And I didn't know he played for the Oilers.

And I dind't know Montreal won that many times. WOW!!!

When's the last time they won?

Wayne Gretzky's team?

Tells you how much I know about Hockey! Very Little! Thanks for the info!

Wayne Gretzky's team?

I thought Gretzky moved around more than that. And I didn't know he played for the Oilers.

And I dind't know Montreal won that many times. WOW!!!

When's the last time they won?

And at 16 years without the Cup this is by far their worst slump. Prior to 1993 the most they'd ever gone without winning the Cup was 7 years.

btw: Gretzky did play briefly for the Blues and then a couple years with the Rangers after he was waaaay over the hill. But I don't hold that against him.

btw: Gretzky did play briefly for the Blues and then a couple years with the Rangers after he was waaaay over the hill. But I don't hold that against him.

So he was like the Brett Favre of Hockey?

No. Gretzky was actually good. One of the best in fact.

Favre wouldn't make my top 20 regardless of his stats. Why? Because I've seen him play. :eek:

Favre wouldn't make my top 20 regardless of his stats. Why? Because I've seen him play. :eek:

Would you say Gretzky was better than Bobby Orr?

thats a good question, you always hear Gretzky was the greatest
he had some awesome players with him in Edmonton ,
I never went towards Orr I always wondered what Mario's numbers would have been
if he could have stayed healthy

thats a good question, you always hear Gretzky was the greatest
he had some awesome players with him in Edmonton ,
I never went towards Orr I always wondered what Mario's numbers would have been
if he could have stayed healthy

Oh now Mario Lemieux, he's the only reason I liked the Penguins back in the day!

Forum List

Back