DeSantis Calls MAGA “Listless Vessels”

DeSantis is growing a spine.

It really doesn’t matter, DeSantis has nothing to lose.

Many Trump Cult members already hate DeSantis – the rest are indifferent.

They’re going to vote for Trump in the primaries no matter what.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
Holy crap, DeSantis just let the cat out of the bag, saying the following:

“A movement can’t be about the personality of one individual,” DeSantis said. “If all we are is listless vessels that’s just supposed to follow, you know, whatever happens to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning, that’s not going to be a durable movement.”

"Listless vessels" That's what DeSantis (and obviously many others) think of the MAGA crowd.

I wonder how this will play out. Final nail in the coffin?

It seems like DeSantis has the same personality, that he criticizes in Trump....?

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
I would have said something different, but OK.

The Trump campaign and MAGA world on Saturday blasted Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis for remarks appearing to label some of the former president’s supporters “listless vessels.” …​

“A movement can’t be about the personality of one individual,” DeSantis said. “If all we are is listless vessels that’s just supposed to follow, you know, whatever happens to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning, that’s not going to be a durable movement.”​

Of course, he’s completely right. But MAGA cares more about fighting the libs than anything philosophical.
And if DeSantis continues to make such cowardly, craven statements, he’ll guarantee not winning the nomination.

“A movement can’t be about the personality of one individual,” DeSantis said. “If all we are is listless vessels that’s just supposed to follow, you know, whatever happens to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning, that’s not going to be a durable movement.”

"Listless vessels" That's what DeSantis (and obviously many others) think of the MAGA crowd.

MAGA began BEFORE trump ran for president

It started at least as far back as the Tea Party movement

Mac1958 should know this even if he supported the Deep State suppression of the populists by the washington establishment

Mac1958 should know this even if he supported the Deep State suppression of the populists by the washington establishment
Trump is the deep state.

They get more and more hysterical as their regime criminals appear more and more incompetent.

HIs full statement:

The back and forth began when DeSantis sat down with the Florida Standard‘s editor-in-chief Will Witt, who asked the governor about accusations from the Trump camp that he is a “RINO.”

“I think that we have a strand in our party that views supporting Trump as whether you are a RINO or not, and so you could be the most conservative person since sliced bread, unless you’re kissing his rear end, they will somehow call you a RINO,” DeSantis said. “So it’s been totally detached from principle, in what you actually believe, and results. And it’s more about, you know, just what faction you happen to do.”

“So there will be people who are huge Trump supporters, like in Congress, who have incredibly liberal left-wing records that is really just atrocious, and yet they’re viewed by some of these folks as like, really, really good,” he continued. “Then you have other people, you know, like a Congressman Chip Roy, who has endorsed me, Congressman Thomas Massie. These guys have records of principle fighting the swamp that are second to none. And yet, they will be attacked by some of these people and called RINOs.”

“So it’s just been totally detached from any type of substance. And ultimately, a movement can’t be about the personality of one individual. The movement has got to be about what are you trying to achieve on behalf of the American people. And that’s got to be based in principle,” he concluded. “Because if you’re not rooted in principle, if all we are is listless vessels that are just supposed to follow whatever happens to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning, that’s not going to be a durable movement.”

There's already a thread on this moron.......Were you born stupid or did someone drop you on your head?............... the moron OP really is annoying.
--------------------------------------------------

Now first, I ain't solely blaming Don Trump's rhetoric and flouting of social decorum. Though his words and actions have given a sort of an imprimatur to the expressed sentiments above from prolific posters Hiker & Skye. Still, those posters had a choice of exhibiting a style of manners and civility. So they are primarily responsible for their actions.

But from a large view, the incivility we see expressed by such posters and in the public sphere has markedly increased since Don Trump's 2015 campaigning and his term in office....2016 to 2020.

Tho I say he is not solely to blame, nonetheless, he shares a great deal of responsibility for American's animosity towards other Americans. In this specific case, the OP shared with the forum a competing candidate's (DeSantis) skepticism to what he perceives to be a debilitating mindlessness practiced by fans of Don Trump. The OP didn't coin the term 'listless vessels'......he merely reported what was reported in the media. Albeit,DeSantis' description was was somewhat pejorative.

And for that, the OP gets frequent poster's calling him or agreeing that he is a moron, stupid, or had a head injury.

So, see? Rather than offer informed and/or articulate rebuttal.....both posters Skye and Hiker, immediately pile into the name-calling. Were they like that prior to Don Trump's elevation as a social icon?

Look, politics and political discussions ain't bean-bag. I get it. But with the emergence of the TV celebrity game host and his mean-spirited rhetoric ....well, those folks who WANT to be like him seemingly feel they have the permission of society at large to be similarly and publicly mean-spirited and rude.

My avatar thinks that that ain't a good thing for America. Or for cooperative social interactions. It reduces. Not enhances.

IMHO

DeSantis is an insult to everyone...

The Republicans have a real problem. If they nominate Trump, they lose. If they don’t nominate him, 25% of their base stays home and the lose even worse!
Could be. The politicians, politicos and pundits have known this all along. But the base just won't hear of it. This is the political equivalent of pro wrestling.

The GQP politicians brought this on themselves when they sold their soul to an obvious con man. Lindsey Graham is the poster boy for that.

DeSantis doesn't understand MAGA. It's a working class, pro constitution group that is more concerned about good policy than personalities and parties. He seems to be veering toward the Democrat-neocon side, where all the money and power hungry people congregate to rob the American taxpayer. I think the majority of Trump supporters probably dislike his personality from time to time. But Trump is like so many bosses running super successful companies. Disliked by many but crucial to the success of the company. Policy matters. MAGA.

Forum List

Back