Dershowitz: ‘You Cannot Charge a President With Obstruction for Exercising His Constitutional Power’

So the president is above the law ?
According to the man in the op he is because Hillary is and anyone who isn't a peon is.

I saw him on Fox News tonight and that was his message. Politicians, if high enough, are above the law.

And he didn't mean it as a slur, he was speaking from the heart.

Scum
No, according to Dershowitz, the constitution which is the law gives the president the authority to do certain things such as firing cabinet memembers and their subordinates. Following the law in excercising his power is not obstructing the law.

The constitution gives the president a bunch of authority. The constitution is the highest law of the land. Following that law by definition is not being above the law.

Well, it's almost irrelevant. Just screaming for impeachment appears to be a pretty widespread campaign strategy we can expect. Could be a good electoral strategy, depending on where you're doing it.
It's a stupid fucking strategy that only appeals to the most hardcore partisan among us. To everyone else it's a major go fuck yourself moment. You all need a legit strategy if you want to compete
What's "legit" at this point? Isn't it all just gotcha and attacks and showbiz?

The Democrats aren't interested in offering a positive alternative. They're just trying to bring Trump down to win in '18 and '20.

This sure would fire up "the base". It worked for Trump.
YOU are Democrat. Take back your party.
You bitch almost daily about your party and don't even try that I'm not a Democrat shit with me.

You don't like where your party is....DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

And don't even try to tell me you're trying because you backed Hillary from the start. You knew she was a bad candidate but you voted for her anyways because she wasn't Trump. That makes you part of the problem.
I'm not a Democrat. I don't understand the point of belonging to a tribe like that, and especially a political tribe. Partisan politics is lie after lie after lie.

If I could change the party, I sure as hell would. But the loons are in control now. And I'm sure as hell not getting involved in politics.

So, I vote. And if I vote, I can bitch.

Well, it's almost irrelevant. Just screaming for impeachment appears to be a pretty widespread campaign strategy we can expect. Could be a good electoral strategy, depending on where you're doing it.
It's a stupid fucking strategy that only appeals to the most hardcore partisan among us. To everyone else it's a major go fuck yourself moment. You all need a legit strategy if you want to compete

The Democrats aren't interested in offering a positive alternative. They're just trying to bring Trump down to win in '18 and '20.

You bitch almost daily about your party and don't even try that I'm not a Democrat shit with me.

And don't even try to tell me you're trying because you backed Hillary from the start. You knew she was a bad candidate but you voted for her anyways because she wasn't Trump. That makes you part of the problem.
I'm not a Democrat. I don't understand the point of belonging to a tribe like that, and especially a political tribe. Partisan politics is lie after lie after lie.

If I could change the party, I sure as hell would. But the loons are in control now. And I'm sure as hell not getting involved in politics.

You might bullshit a lot of folks on here but I'm not buying what you're selling.
I remember our conversations directly before the elections.
Not to say you're a fraud because I don't think you are. I respect you. But you are a bit full of yourself (or your outrage)

Last phone in I had with GT and a bunch of the guys I had to bite my tongue. Lonelaugher and others had a field day with you.
You have a reputation.
I will say they never called you a fraud. They just don't respect you.

I don't say this in a mean sense. I say it because you need to realize that just as you say the left insulting the right didn't help your party, YOU INSULTING those who are supposed to be on your side is equally counterproductive.

I've rambled so long I've already forgotten what I said at the top so cheers to an abrupt end to this post and GET ME A DAMN REFILL

This is for all the forum idiots who think Mueller can charge Trump with obstruction of justice:

Monday on Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends,” Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz batted down the merit of obstruction of justice charges aimed at President Donald Trump for what he said was exercising his constitutional power and authority regarding the firing of then-FBI Director James Comey and instructing the Department of Justice what to and not to investigate.

“If Congress were to ever charge him with obstruction of justice for exercising his constitutional authority under Article 2, we’d have a constitutional crisis,” he explained. “You cannot charge a president with obstruction of justice for exercising his constitutional power to fire Comey and his constitutional authority to tell the Justice Department who to investigate, who not to investigate. That’s what Thomas Jefferson did. That’s what Lincoln did. That’s what Roosevelt did. We have precedents that clearly establish that.”

He can charge Trump with obstruction of justice. Dershowitz is wrong.

And truth be told after talking to lonelaugher I actually respect him too. He's just such a fucking cock sucking prick I have to leave him on ignore. I can't reconcile the man on the phone with the man on USMB.

You might bullshit a lot of folks on here but I'm not buying what you're selling.
Not to say you're a fraud because I don't think you are. I respect you. But you are a bit full of yourself (or your outrage)

Last phone in I had with GT and a bunch of the guys I had to bite my tongue. Lonelaugher and others had a field day with you.
You have a reputation.

I don't say this in a mean sense. I say it because you need to realize that just as you say the left insulting the right didn't help your party, YOU INSULTING those who are supposed to be on your side is equally counterproductive.

I've rambled so long I've already forgotten what I said at the top so cheers to an abrupt end to this post and GET ME A DAMN REFILL
They're a little obsessed. That's fine. Third grade was many years ago, and I had enough of that stuff. The feeling is mutual, anyway, I just don't have a need to crow about it, making it personal.

Whatever you want to call me, I'm honest, and I'm comfy in my opinions. The rest, I don't care. This is an internet message board, that's it. Interesting, but not real life.

Last edited:

You have a reputation.

They're a little obsessed. That's fine. Third grade was many years ago, and I had enough of that stuff.

Whatever you want to call me, I'm honest, and I'm comfy in my opinions. The rest, I don't care. This is an internet message board, that's it.
This might sound weird but I do believe you are honest with us. I'm just not sure you'r honest with yourself.

And truth be told after talking to lonelaugher I actually respect him too. He's just such a fucking cock sucking prick I have to leave him on ignore. I can't reconcile the man on the phone with the man on USMB.
That doesn’t make much sense....but okay.

You have a reputation.

They're a little obsessed. That's fine. Third grade was many years ago, and I had enough of that stuff.

Whatever you want to call me, I'm honest, and I'm comfy in my opinions. The rest, I don't care. This is an internet message board, that's it.
This might sound weird but I do believe you are honest with us. I'm just not sure you'r honest with yourself.
Well, that could be.

Clinton was impeached for obstructing justice, so now why all of a sudden can't Trump be charged with it?

Sure it does.

In person you meet the real person. That person can be totally opposite of the image you've developed from online interactions.

Call in to one of GT' s call in deals sometime. Meet the people you argue with and gain a bit of REAL perspective rather than just hate for an online persona.

Clinton was impeached for obstructing justice, so now why all of a sudden can't Trump be charged with it?

What part of "for exercising a Constitutional power" didn't you understand?

You have a reputation.

Well, that could be.
I'm Dr Phill in disguise.

That'll be 199.99

Just send it to drunkdumbasseswhoplayrockmusiconapoliticsforum.com

You have a reputation.

Well, that could be.

That'll be 199.99

Check's in the mail, brother.

You have a reputation.

Well, that could be.

That'll be 199.99

Check's in the mail, brother.

Sure it does.

In person you meet the real person. That person can be totally opposite of the image you've developed from online interactions.

Call in to one of GT' s call in deals sometime. Meet the people you argue with and gain a bit of REAL perspective rather than just hate for an online persona.
So LL isn’t as much of an ass when you speak to him directly as when he posts on the board.......RESPECT!

sexual assault is not a Constitutional power of the President.

Says you ...

primary2.jpg

Sure it does.

So LL isn’t as much of an ass when you speak to him directly as when posts on the board.......RESPECT!
He's still the same person don't get me wrong. But when you can hear voice inflection or see facial gestures it comes across different. Hard to explain. He's not a fraud and that isn't what I was implying.

So the president is above the law ?
According to the man in the op he is because Hillary is and anyone who isn't a peon is.

I saw him on Fox News tonight and that was his message. Politicians, if high enough, are above the law.

And he didn't mean it as a slur, he was speaking from the heart.

Scum
No, according to Dershowitz, the constitution which is the law gives the president the authority to do certain things such as firing cabinet memembers and their subordinates. Following the law in excercising his power is not obstructing the law.

The constitution gives the president a bunch of authority. The constitution is the highest law of the land. Following that law by definition is not being above the law.
He has the power to fire his cabinet members just like Nixon, he doesn't have the right to abuse his power..... in Nixon's articles of impeachment he was not only charged with obstruction, he was charged with "Abuse of Power", so although the president has the right to hire and fire among many things he has the power to do, but he can't ABUSE that power.....as example, he can't simply fire the FBI Director investigating him or his wife or his son or his campaign manager or in this case investigating his national security advisor, for committing a crime....That would be an ABUSE of his power.

Forum List

Back