Manafort Violates Court Order

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
What a dumb ass:

www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/politics/article/Prosecutors-Manafort-wrote-op-ed-with-colleague-12404804.php

Not as bad at 1st glance...no face to face--still a violation

In a court filing, prosecutors say Manafort and the colleague sought to publish the op-ed under someone else's name and intended it to influence public opinion about his work in Ukraine. The op-ed was being drafted as late as last week, with Manafort currently under house arrest. Prosecutors did not name the colleague but noted the person is based in Russia.

Manafort is currently facing several felony charges involving allegations of money laundering and other financial crimes related to his political consulting work in Ukraine. He has been confined to his home while he works out a bond arrangement with the government.

Manafort has denied any wrongdoing related to his work in Ukraine. A spokesman for Manafort declined comment on the op-ed described by prosecutors.

In the court filing, prosecutors say the op-ed appeared to violate an admonishment from the judge last month to refrain from public statements.

"Even if the ghostwritten op-ed were entirely accurate, fair, and balanced, it would be a violation of this Court's November 8 Order if it had been published," the prosecutors wrote. "The editorial clearly was undertaken to influence the public's opinion of defendant Manafort, or else there would be no reason to seek its publication (much less for Manafort and his long-time associate to ghostwrite it in another's name)."

They added, "It compounds the problem that the proposed piece is not a dispassionate recitation of the facts."

The Prosecution now opposes his planned release from house arrest to 10m dollar bail.

Shit happens.

Eric Holder was held in contempt of Congress and Obama exercised executive privilege for the FAST AND THE FURIOUS...and Holder kept his job for 4 years....that whole thing was really stupid.

Breaking News: Mueller attempting to rescind Manafort's bail deal after it discovered he contacted a Russian intel agent Thursday! What a tool! He's toast! Judge specifically told the man not to speak to foreign agents! :bang3: :cuckoo: :dunno: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Shit happens.

Eric Holder was held in contempt of Congress and Obama exercised executive privilege for the FAST AND THE FURIOUS...and Holder kept his job for 4 years....that whole thing was really stupid.
That was stupid...no question. Almost as stupid as trying to hang it on Obama..when he probably never even know about it..until the shit the fan. Not that I excuse Obama for the cover up.

Holder should have lost his job instantly--just as Janet Reno should have after Waco and Ruby Ridge.

We have not been well served by our AGs for a while now.. It should be an apolitical position.

Manaforte is stupid...I agree.

This has nothing to do with trump....though many will try to make it seem that way.

Shit happens.

That was stupid...no question. Almost as stupid as trying to hang it on Obama..when he probably never even know about it..until the shit the fan. Not that I excuse Obama for the cover up.

Holder should have lost his job instantly--just as Janet Reno should have after Waco and Ruby Ridge.

We have not been well served by our AGs for a while now.. It should be an apolitical position.

So who do you blame for Holders contempt case not being presented to a grand jury as required by law?

Shit happens.

So who do you blame for Holders contempt case not being presented to a grand jury as required by law?

In truth..I don't really care. Old battles seldom interest me..as they are irrelevant. But for the record, I blame Obama..he held on Holder too long..he should have thrown him to the wolves. Loyalty is fine..but incompetence should never be rewarded. A lesson I wish Trump would take to heart. Of course, it is hard for someone who is out of their depth..to measure competence..thus Trump values loyalty too high..at the expense of competence.

He was only attempting to get further instructions.

Shit happens.

In truth..I don't really care. Old battles seldom interest me..as they are irrelevant. But for the record, I blame Obama..he held on Holder too long..he should have thrown him to the wolves. Loyalty is fine..but incompetence should never be rewarded. A lesson I wish Trump would take to heart. Of course, it is hard for someone who is out of their depth..to measure competence..thus Trump values loyalty too high..at the expense of competence.

Irrelevant? Hardly, it demonstrates how the regressive hyper-partisan hypocrites ignore clear violations of law while screaming at the top of their lungs about nonexistent BS now.

Shit happens.

Irrelevant? Hardly, it demonstrates how the regressive hyper-partisan hypocrites ignore clear violations of law while screaming at the top of their lungs about nonexistent BS now.

For sure..but hardly a prerogative of any one party..as one can..and some do..spends hours delineating the hypocrisies of either party..or indeed..any group of humans.

Shit happens.

For sure..but hardly a prerogative of any one party..as one can..and some do..spends hours delineating the hypocrisies of either party..or indeed..any group of humans.

You won't find regressives willing admit the maobama regimes lawlessness even when he was overturned 9-0 by the supremes.

Forum List

Back