Dems' elections plans - Increase their base by getting crooks & illegals to vote

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic
Dems' elections plans - Increase their base by getting crooks & illegals to vote

Washington Times:

Sen. Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat, and Rep. Barney Frank, Massachusetts Democrat, have plans to ram through legislation that will produce universal voter registration. No matter what they claim, the rule changes will make it possible for illegal aliens to register to vote and for others to register multiple times.

The proposal is to register everyone on every welfare list, everyone getting unemployment insurance, everyone with a driver's license, everyone who has had run-ins with the legal system, everyone owning any property - basically everyone on every list the government keeps. People will be registered to vote whether or not they want to be registered. If individuals are on any public record, they will be automatically registered.

Obviously a lot of illegal aliens have driver's licenses, and many get other government benefits. Quite a few have rap sheets. People's names and other identification information are frequently recorded differently across these different lists, which means that one could be registered a separate time for every slight variation in how their personal information is kept on file.

The legislation is also expected to give felons the right to vote. Why Democrats insist on letting someone who has raped multiple women vote on social policy is beyond us. According to Democrats, robbers who have preyed on helpless victims - and even murderers - have the judgment to tell us how law enforcement should be run in this country.

In May 2005, Public Opinion Strategies surveyed felons who had their voting rights restored and nonfelons who voted in Washington state. Even after accounting for the voters' race, gender, education level, religious habits, employment, age and county of residence, the book Freedomnomics found that "felons were 36 percent more likely than nonfelons with the same characteristics to have voted for [John] Kerry [a Democrat] over [George W.] Bush [a Republican] and 37 percent more likely to be registered Democratic."

First of all, this is hypothetical - this legislation does NOT exist. The only references to it I can find are right-wing blogs all copy-and-pasting the same article. No sources, aside from the Moonie Times as linked in the OP.

Second, explain why automatically registering people to vote is a bad thing - it's not forcing anyone to vote, just giving them opportunity to do so.

First of all, this is hypothetical - this legislation does NOT exist. The only references to it I can find are right-wing blogs all copy-and-pasting the same article. No sources, aside from the Moonie Times as linked in the OP.

Second, explain why automatically registering people to vote is a bad thing - it's not forcing anyone to vote, just giving them opportunity to do so.

I hear you

Why even worry if they can vote legally
:eusa_whistle:

thats the only way for them to win Cheat!!!!!

Even
The Wall Street Journal's John Fund described the Democrat plan recently at a David Horowitz Freedom Center forum. Watch the video:

Fund is where this rumor started.

But its still just a rumor.

Let me repeat..

THIS LEGISLATION DOES NOT ACTUALLY EXIST.
No one has proposed any legislation anything like this. Even if they had, I agree with the theory - why shouldn't everyone who can legally vote be registered to do so?

Nevertheless.....

THIS LEGISLATION DOES NOT EXIST. NO ONE HAS PROPOSED ANYTHING LIKE IT.

This is purely a far-right propaganda phantom.

I hear you

You are combining two seperate issues.
Registering as many valid voters and preventing voter fraud

There should be positive ID for voters. I favor a foolproof national ID program linked to biometrics. Once you have your ID you can vote, get a drivers license, get a job, social security.

All Americans have a right to vote, not just those the right wing think are worthy

Instead of the Black Panthers at the polling places maybe state militias should be there to make sure people only vote once

I hear you

You are combining two seperate issues.
Registering as many valid voters and preventing voter fraud

There should be positive ID for voters. I favor a foolproof national ID program linked to biometrics. Once you have your ID you can vote, get a drivers license, get a job, social security.

All Americans have a right to vote, not just those the right wing think are worthy

Sure, while the left wing makes positive ID requirements a non-important issue, they just want anyone to vote, regardless if they can legally, who they think will support them

Forum List

Back