Dems counting on People over 55 being Ignorant?

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
Not only is the Left miss characterizing the Ryan plan as the End of Medicare, but they seem to be hoping to scare people who are over 55 right now into voting against it.

I guess they are betting that people over 55 are to stupid to understand that they will not be effected at all by the Ryan plan because they are Already over 55?

Can't believe the American People are falling for this BS from the left. I mean I don't think the Ryan plan is perfect, or the only way, But the Left seems to just want to ignore the Problem all together. To Actually say there is nothing wrong with Medicare as it is and nothing needs to be done. Which if People were smart, they would understand, is the Real Threat to Medicare. Doing Nothing.

The Democrats have quickly taken over the slot as the party of no. 2 Years and no Budget, and no willingness to even discuss entitlement reforms. They should change the Democrat party logo to an ostrich. the Party of "lets just keep our heads buried in the sand and spend out selves into ruin, Fuck the Grand kids!"

Not only is the Left miss characterizing the Ryan plan as the End of Medicare, but they seem to be hoping to scare people who are over 55 right now into voting against it.

I guess they are betting that people over 55 are to stupid to understand that they will not be effected at all by the Ryan plan because they are Already over 55?

Can't believe the American People are falling for this BS from the left. I mean I don't think the Ryan plan is perfect, or the only way, But the Left seems to just want to ignore the Problem all together. To Actually say there is nothing wrong with Medicare as it is and nothing needs to be done. Which if People were smart, they would understand, is the Real Threat to Medicare. Doing Nothing.

The Democrats have quickly taken over the slot as the party of no. 2 Years and no Budget, and no willingness to even discuss entitlement reforms. They should change the Democrat party logo to an ostrich. the Party of "lets just keep our heads buried in the sand and spend out selves into ruin, Fuck the Grand kids!"

Correct. NO ONE in the system now will be affected BY the plan...and the plan gives ample time for those future recipients to make plans...LOTS of time.

More the elderly will be forced to choose between medicine/dogfood crap by the left.

WHERE are the Repubicans in the Senate?

Absent and from BLUE States.

It’s not the ‘Dems’ you have to take issue with – your own conservative newspaper, the WSJ, stated: “The plan would essentially end Medicare’

GOP Budget Aim: Cut $4 Trillion From Spending - WSJ.com

There is no ‘scaring’ going on – the fact is the GOP plan will end Medicare and replace the program with vouchers used by those retired to buy healthcare. For middle and low income retirees the vouchers may not be sufficient to cover all medical costs required to be paid out-of-pocket.

The issue is moot, anyway – it was voted down in the Senate with five republicans joining the democrats.

So again, take the issue up with fellow republicans and conservatives, those republicans in the Senate who voted against the plan, and the republicans who voted for a democrat in NY 26.

This is false on its face. The Republican budget reopens the donut hole for Medicare drug coverage, it eliminates the free wellness visits and preventive care benefits that were recently added to Medicare, it slashes Medicaid which helps low-income seniors pay for their Medicare Part B premiums and cost-sharing, as well as long-term care and other health services used by low-income seniors.

That said, even if you weren't mistaken, so what? Medicare is a very popular program, particularly among that cohort. Do you think the average senior is content to see it destroyed, just so long as she gets hers? It turns out quite a few of those folks aren't happy to see Medicare dismantled for their children and grandchildren, even if they themselves benefit from Ryan's carve-out. So no, no one's betting on seniors being stupid; folks are betting that seniors are generally not as craven and self-centered as the arguments the Republicans are banking on assume they are. And that bet seems to be paying off.

This is false on its face. The Republican budget reopens the donut hole for Medicare drug coverage, it eliminates the free wellness visits and preventive care benefits that were recently added to Medicare, it slashes Medicaid which helps low-income seniors pay for their Medicare Part B premiums and cost-sharing, as well as long-term care and other health services used by low-income seniors.

That said, even if you weren't mistaken, so what? Medicare is a very popular program, particularly among that cohort. Do you think the average senior is content to see it destroyed, just so long as she gets hers? It turns out quite a few of those folks aren't happy to see Medicare dismantled for their children and grandchildren, even if they themselves benefit from Ryan's carve-out. So no, no one's betting on seniors being stupid; folks are betting that seniors are generally not as craven and self-centered as the arguments the Republicans are banking on assume they are. And that bet seems to be paying off.

Link?

Yeah, those dems are awful. Hell I remember not too long ago when the dems were trying to make you believe that the republicons were going to pull the plug on grandma. And let us not forget how they were trying to accuse the republicons of starting "death panels". Whoa man, those dems ought to be ashamed of themselves...wait, What?!?

Take, for example, the statement that the Ryan plan would end Medicare as we know it. This may have Republicans screaming “Mediscare!” but it’s the absolute truth: The plan would replace our current system, in which the government pays major health costs, with a voucher system, in which seniors would, in effect, be handed a coupon and told to go find private coverage.

The new program might still be called Medicare — hey, we could replace government coverage of major expenses with an allowance of two free aspirins a day, and still call it “Medicare” — but it wouldn’t be the same program. And if the cost estimates of the Congressional Budget Office are at all right, the inadequate size of the vouchers — which by 2030 would cover only about a third of seniors’ health costs — would leave many if not most older Americans unable to afford essential care.

If anyone is lying here, it’s Mr. Ryan himself, who has claimed that his plan would give seniors the same kind of coverage that members of Congress receive — an assertion that is completely false.

And, by the way, the claim that the plan would keep Medicare as we know it intact for Americans currently 55 or older is highly dubious. True, that’s what the plan promises, but if you think about the political dynamics that would emerge once Americans born a year or two too late realize how much better a deal slightly older Americans are getting, you realize that this is a promise unlikely to be fulfilled.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/27/opinion/27krugman.html

Gee, I hate to be the one to break the news, giving a few bucks to someone 75 years old and telling them to go out and buy insurance is a cruel and mean joke. THAT is the Republican Plan. Remember, the majority of Republicans voted FOR it. That means it's no longer Ryan's Plan, no, it's the Republican's Plan.

I remember when I was a kid, before Medicare. The terrible stories of the elderly living on "cat" food. Maybe that's what Republicans mean by the "good old days"? Under their plan, why wouldn't that happen again?

People who operate on emotion seek to influence others by emotion.

That's all they've got.

Of course. See it's different when the republicons introduce legislation, like the many jobs bills they've introduced since they took the house. What? You mean, they haven't introduced one single piece of legislation since november of 2010? not one? That can't be right. I mean, that's what they campaigned on isn't it? There's no way they would EVER use scare tactics to motivate the masses instead of coming through on ANY of their "supposed" job creation rhetoric that they said would bring us back from the chaos that is the democratic party.:cuckoo:

Gee, I hate to be the one to break the news, giving a few bucks to someone 75 years old and telling them to go out and buy insurance is a cruel and mean joke. THAT is the Republican Plan. Remember, the majority of Republicans voted FOR it. That means it's no longer Ryan's Plan, no, it's the Republican's Plan.

I remember when I was a kid, before Medicare. The terrible stories of the elderly living on "cat" food. Maybe that's what Republicans mean by the "good old days"? Under their plan, why wouldn't that happen again?

Amen:clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owNO5s3eln4]Ryan Unleashed[/ame]

And they will not say the words Donut hole...when they are talking to under 55. The damn donut hole comes back.

Correct. NO ONE in the system now will be affected BY the plan...and the plan gives ample time for those future recipients to make plans...LOTS of time.

More the elderly will be forced to choose between medicine/dogfood crap by the left.

WHERE are the Repubicans in the Senate?

Absent and from BLUE States.

More voices from the peanut gallery.lol I mean, really? Really?!? First off, the democrats have freely admitted that medicare needs reform, REFORM. Not to mention the fact that, republicons have been against medicare since it's inception. All the republicons have ever wanted to do is destroy it(see reagan years). By the way, if the republicons think that you should take care of yourself, then explain to me why they don't turn down their OWN government run healthcare. Hell I mean, it's not like they Have to take it. There's NO obligation. So where's this so called (according to ryan) leadership. Name ONE con that is footing the bill for him/herself. I defy you to produce them. Now tell me how many of them are over 55. Of that group, how many of them would have a conniption fit if you told them to eat dirt, medicare is now "YOUR" problem. The view must be great from the cheap seats, since that's where the con shots keep coming from.:eusa_eh:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back