democrats will keep trying to grab guns...they never, ever stop....

Smart gun technology....if it is mandated rather than just another choice is a way to make guns more expensive, and less reliable and any gun that can't be retrofitted.....banned by law........

Anything that raises the cost of exercising a Right...is wrong......poll taxes and literacy tests were wrong because they were created to prevent the exercise of that right....so too insurance and mandatory smart gun technology....

Smart guns would pretty much eliminate accidental shootings. That would be 500 lives a year and 17,000 injuries. I don't agree with mandating them, but responsible people should be able to get one. What does one have to do to get one now?

Brain.....no they wouldn't.....negiligent discharges occur most of the time because someone pulls the trigger......on rare occasions it happens because a piece of clothing gets caught in the trigger guard.....and if the person takes off the ring or the watch and a kid gets them they can then fire the gun....so no...it won't stop accidental discharges.......

Smart gun technology....if it is mandated rather than just another choice is a way to make guns more expensive, and less reliable and any gun that can't be retrofitted.....banned by law........

Anything that raises the cost of exercising a Right...is wrong......poll taxes and literacy tests were wrong because they were created to prevent the exercise of that right....so too insurance and mandatory smart gun technology....

Smart guns would pretty much eliminate accidental shootings. That would be 500 lives a year and 17,000 injuries. I don't agree with mandating them, but responsible people should be able to get one. What does one have to do to get one now?

Brain.....no they wouldn't.....negiligent discharges occur most of the time because someone pulls the trigger......on rare occasions it happens because a piece of clothing gets caught in the trigger guard.....and if the person takes off the ring or the watch and a kid gets them they can then fire the gun....so no...it won't stop accidental discharges.......

The watch gun is the on I'm most familiar with. It won't fire unless you enter a code. That means kids can't get the gun to fire even if they have the watch.

Democrats are pushing two new tactics to hurt law abiding gun owners...mandatory insurance for guns, and forcing smart technology....or dumb technology on all new guns and retrofitting all old guns.....

And of course neither one will stop any time with guns....y

You own a gun store or something?

The watch gun is the on I'm most familiar with. It won't fire unless you enter a code. That means kids can't get the gun to fire even if they have the watch.

Oh...."Hey....bad guy...wait.....I have to put my watch on and punch in a code...just give me a second and then you can attack me......"

Oh...."Hey....bad guy...wait.....I have to put my watch on and punch in a code...just give me a second and then you can attack me......"

In like 99.9999% of times you'd be fine. Heck youd be safer because you can't shoot yourself.

In like 99.9999% of times you'd be fine. Heck youd be safer because you can't shoot yourself.

I'm not concerned with the 99% of the time where I won't need my gun.....I am like the Doctor in Connecticut who lost his wife and 2 daughters to murderous rapists....but I would like the chance to keep them alive.........he thought he was in the 99% bracket too.....but he found out he was in that tragic 1%.....( and that isn't even a real number...please do actual math and get back to me...)

Here is someone who defended Kleck in particular.....a famous Criminologist....

http://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=6873&context=jclc&sei-redir=1&referer=http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=marvin+Wolfgang+letter+to+kleck&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#search="marvin Wolfgang letter kleck"

Let me read the first and last paragraphs of the commentary that
I originally made, titled A Tribute to a View I Have Opposed.

The first paragraph reads:

I am as strong a gun-control advocate as can be found among the
criminologists in this country. If I were Mustapha Mond of The Brave
New World, I would eliminate all guns from the civilian population and
maybe from the police. I hate guns-ugly, nasty instruments designed
to kill people.

The last paragraph of my commentary reads as follows:

The Kleck and Gertz study impresses me for the caution the authors
exercise and the elaborate nuances they examine methodologically. I
do not like their conclusions that having a gun can be useful, but I cannot
fault their methodology. They have tried earnestly to meet all objections
in advance and have done exceedingly well.

I'm not concerned with the 99% of the time where I won't need my gun.....I am like the Doctor in Connecticut who lost his wife and 2 daughters to murderous rapists....but I would like the chance to keep them alive.........he thought he was in the 99% bracket too.....but he found out he was in that tragic 1%.....( and that isn't even a real number...please do actual math and get back to me...)

So again you are paranoid about the extremely rare, but brush off all those accidents. You need to get your numbers straight.

So again you are paranoid about the extremely rare, but brush off all those accidents. You need to get your numbers straight.

brain....crime happens everyday...some of it non life threatening, some of it horrible and monstrous......and the victims never know the day they will be the victim in that crime...grow up....

Here is someone who defended Kleck in particular.....a famous Criminologist....

http://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=6873&context=jclc&sei-redir=1&referer=http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=marvin+Wolfgang+letter+to+kleck&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#search="marvin Wolfgang letter kleck"

Let me read the first and last paragraphs of the commentary that
I originally made, titled A Tribute to a View I Have Opposed.

The first paragraph reads:

I am as strong a gun-control advocate as can be found among the
criminologists in this country. If I were Mustapha Mond of The Brave
New World, I would eliminate all guns from the civilian population and
maybe from the police. I hate guns-ugly, nasty instruments designed
to kill people.

The last paragraph of my commentary reads as follows:

The Kleck and Gertz study impresses me for the caution the authors
exercise and the elaborate nuances they examine methodologically. I
do not like their conclusions that having a gun can be useful, but I cannot
fault their methodology. They have tried earnestly to meet all objections
in advance and have done exceedingly well.

Yes and he understands that working with such a small sample is not accurate.

brain....crime happens everyday...some of it non life threatening, some of it horrible and monstrous......and the victims never know the day they will be the victim in that crime...grow up....

And the events you are paranoid of happen less than accidental deaths.

e0a118b3e8e2647cbcc7c27df997bbd9.jpg

Annnnnnd.....he was wrong........and I would like to actually see that quote in context.......for some reason I don't trust anti gunners since they have been found to lie as the only way to push their agenda.....

And since this video was in 1989 and we actually have research that shows Reagan was uninformed on the topic.......had he been presented with what we know now he would have changed his mind......considering he was a rational person....

And considering that gun murders with long guns of any kind...let alone an AK-47 semi auto rifle.....are 1/3 the deaths of people murdered with hands and feet.....or knives.......yeah....he would have changed his mind......

And he was wrong again....since almost all the mass shooters obeyed not only the federal background check laws but those in states with waiting periods actually followed the waiting periods.....how did that work out....? And how many of the people who use guns for murder...8,454 in 2013 actually waited the waiting period to buy their illegal stolen gun?

Do you gun grabbers ever actually engage your brains....cause the things you post are pretty stupid when held up to the truth and reality.....

Forum List

Back