democrats will keep trying to grab guns...they never, ever stop....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Democrats are pushing two new tactics to hurt law abiding gun owners...mandatory insurance for guns, and forcing smart technology....or dumb technology on all new guns and retrofitting all old guns.....

And of course neither one will stop any time with guns....y

It's the last thing in the way of bringing the Workers Paradise to the USA. You know, the Paradise where Progressives are given their thanks for helping to overthrow their govetnment and have to chose between being a slave or a layer of fertilizer in the mass graves

In my concealed carry class, it was suggested that we talk to our insurance agent regarding extended liability coverage.
And I think the NRA has specialized policies available.

Which one of those will grab your guns? We have insurance for cars, and smart phones, but neither has grabbed anybody's car or phone.

Which one of those will grab your guns? We have insurance for cars, and smart phones, but neither has grabbed anybody's car or phone.

From a response to an article at truthaboutguns on the insurance mandate legislation....

Mark N. says:
May 29, 2015 at 15:36

You missed the most obvious point, Nick: insurance only pays for “accidents,” not intentional shootings, and for those relatively rare accidents that do occur, homeowners or renters insurance will cover the tab.One must understand that a liability policy insures the insured, not the “victim of gun violence,”; it protects the insured from civil claims for damages. For example, if a child gets his hands on a loaded weapon left “negligently” laying around, and shoots himself or others, the homeowner’s carrier will step in. Same for the “I didn’t know the gun was loaded” shooting accidents.
Theoretically, the carrier might (depending on the language of its policy) step in if a home invader is shot by a home owner. But in most cases of a “good shoot,” the BG will be barred by standard principles of comparative or contributory fault from recovering anyway, so he will not be recovering anything for his injuries, but if it is a bad shoot, there might be a denial of coverage.
But self-defense shootings are usually “intentional” as defined in most standard “occurrence” policies, meaning that these policies provide no coverage for the personal injuries inflicted for the vast majority of shootings that occur every year, particularly for those inflicted by a criinal on his victims. Thus, for the 70,000 or so shootings each year in drivebys or after hours dust-ups, the policy will likely exclude coverage. So absolutely NOTHING is gained by requiring this insurance.

By contrast, the standard SD insurance policy provides coverage for the cost of the criminal defense, which is not covered by a general liability policy, and for those who carry, a pretty important coverage.

And...it adds to the cost of a right.....the right to carry a gun for self defense....which will affect the poor and minorities the most....so it is a racist policy......just like a poll tax or a literacy test for the right to vote...

So there isn't anyone that doesn't have a car because they can't afford the insurance? Mandatory would be a undue expense. Cars are not the subject of s constitutional amendment.

Smart gun technology....if it is mandated rather than just another choice is a way to make guns more expensive, and less reliable and any gun that can't be retrofitted.....banned by law........

Anything that raises the cost of exercising a Right...is wrong......poll taxes and literacy tests were wrong because they were created to prevent the exercise of that right....so too insurance and mandatory smart gun technology....

Democrats are pushing two new tactics to hurt law abiding gun owners...mandatory insurance for guns, and forcing smart technology....or dumb technology on all new guns and retrofitting all old guns.....

Link, or do we just have to trust you??

I always have the links......

Before that...why insurance for guns is a stupid idea....

Should firearms owners be required to obtain gun liability insurance - Crime Prevention Research Center crimeresearch.org

Insurance ends at the point of intention,” explains Lynne McChristian, the Florida spokeswoman for the Insurance Information Institute. “Firing a weapon is (usually) an intentional act, and no insurance covers an intentional act. You can’t decide to drive your car into your neighbor’s vehicle and expect your insurance company to cover it.” . . .

“The data I’ve seen shows that not even 2% of gun deaths would be classified as accidental; the vast majority are either suicides or homicides,” [Peter Kochenburger, executive director of the Insurance Law Center at the University of Connecticut School of Law] says. “So right there you have roughly 98% of gun deaths that would have no liability coverage due to the intentional acts exclusion.”

In fact, Kochenburger says insurers have a major reason not to wade into covering firearms.

“There’s what’s called a ‘moral hazard’ that applies to all aspects of insurance, which says if you insure (dangerous) behavior, you are in some sense encouraging it because people will be less careful knowing they have coverage if they are negligent,” he says. . . .

Russell Roberts, an economics fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University, suspects that advocates of gun liability insurance may have a simple goal in mind.

“To me, insurance is just a fancy way to discourage gun ownership by raising the cost of owning a gun,” he says. “I don’t think that’s a good idea because not everybody obeys the law. You would raise the cost for law-abiding citizens to own a gun without having any impact on those who illegally own a gun.”

what about canned food? I can take out a robber with a can of tuna.

On Smart gun tech being mandated for new and old guns...

BREAKING Dems Introduce Legislation to Outlaw All Handgun Sales Fund Gun Control Research - The Truth About Guns

Democrats today introduced two new bills that would severely restrict and possibly eliminate the ability for Americans to purchase firearms. The two bills in question are the “Handgun Trigger Safety Act,” which would require that any gun sold in the United States MUST include a “smart gun” trigger lock that would only allow “authorized users” to fire the gun,

It's called lobbying there Einstein.....The insurance industry stands to make millions...derp............................

And on stupid mandatory insurance...

Should firearms owners be required to obtain gun liability insurance - Crime Prevention Research Center crimeresearch.org

a number of states have been considering legislation mandating that people who own guns be mandated to have liability insurance in case their guns cause any harm (in 2013, gun liability insurance bills were filed in California, Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C.). Chicago is now dealing with such an insurance proposal. Fox Business had this useful discussion:

Insurance and smart gun mandates are the new poll taxes and literacy tests for gun rights...

Only the albacore tuna cans will work, water, not oil.........water is heavier...

Only the albacore tuna cans will work, water, not oil.........water is heavier...
i already see it now, men in black, all over the country, frisking grade school children in search of canned foods.

i already see it now, men in black, all over the country, frisking grade school children in search of canned foods.
Soft packs will be harder to find, and they can fit into cavities of the body...

Smart gun technology....if it is mandated rather than just another choice is a way to make guns more expensive, and less reliable and any gun that can't be retrofitted.....banned by law........

Anything that raises the cost of exercising a Right...is wrong......poll taxes and literacy tests were wrong because they were created to prevent the exercise of that right....so too insurance and mandatory smart gun technology....

Smart guns would pretty much eliminate accidental shootings. That would be 500 lives a year and 17,000 injuries. I don't agree with mandating them, but responsible people should be able to get one. What does one have to do to get one now?

Forum List

Back