Democrats Must Choose Next Year: Lap Dogs Or Guard Dogs?

Seriously, saying that "The Government's job isn't to help Americans" ranks among the dumbest statements that I've ever read on the Internet. Have you ever read the U.S. Constitution?

Saying that it is the place of the US Government to help people instead of making them support themselves is in direct contradiction to the entire spirit and letter of the Constitution. I've read the document numerous times. The intent was for a Weak Federal Government and the Strong State/Local Government system. Unfortunately John Wilkes Booth and his associates took too long to assassinate Lincoln and any hope of that style of Government went out the window with the defeat of the Confederacy.

Try reading the U.S. Constitution with your head out of your ass next time.

Feel free to unass your head and join him in the read.

Seriously, saying that "The Government's job isn't to help Americans" ranks among the dumbest statements that I've ever read on the Internet. Have you ever read the U.S. Constitution?

Saying that it is the place of the US Government to help people instead of making them support themselves is in direct contradiction to the entire spirit and letter of the Constitution. I've read the document numerous times. The intent was for a Weak Federal Government and the Strong State/Local Government system. Unfortunately John Wilkes Booth and his associates took too long to assassinate Lincoln and any hope of that style of Government went out the window with the defeat of the Confederacy.

The Federal Government was not granted any people powers except in regards Military and Government employees, that is supposed to be left to the States.

that is why we are screwed with so many people who thinks they are. They now believe they are our MASTERS

Assuming you're correct then this nation never had any decency to begin with and humanity is doomed

The Preamble to the Constitution should have been your first hint.
"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Assuming you're correct then this nation never had any decency to begin with and humanity is doomed

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
NOT a single power granted to the Federal Government by the Constitution except in regards employees of the Federal Government gives any authority or power to deal with individual Citizens of the several States.

NOT a single power granted to the Federal Government by the Constitution except in regards employees of the Federal Government gives any authority or power to deal with individual Citizens of the several States.

Holy shit, you're as dumb as that other clown.

WASHINGTON -- Thursday's failed rebellion over the omnibus government funding bill offered two radically different models for the Democratic Party over the next two years. Which will it be: a unified, determined opposition or junior partners to a more powerful GOP?

The determined opposition was on display when Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) declared Wednesday that they would do whatever they could -- short of shutting down the government -- to strip a Wall Street giveaway from the so-called cromnibus bill.

It reared up again Thursday when House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) delivered an impassioned plea on the House floor to oppose the bill over provisions that chipped away at the Dodd-Frank financial reform law and campaign finance limits.

Pelosi's stand nearly won, almost killing the cromnibus during a procedural vote. The handful of Democrats who had intended to let it go through changed their votes, and every Democrat backed their leader.

"I'm giving you the leverage to do whatever you have to do," Pelosi later told her caucus in a closed-door meeting. "We have enough votes to show them never to do this again."

But then came the matter of final passage of the bill, and Pelosi said her members should vote their consciences. For 57 House Democrats, their inner voices told them to take what they could get from House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and let the Republicans have their goodies, too.

Some questioned the fate of Democrats in a GOP-controlled Congress if they were willing to cave now, while they still control the Senate.

"If you let them bully you on this, they're for sure going to bully you on immigration and they're for sure going to bully you on the Affordable Care Act," Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), who co-chairs the Congressional Progressive Caucus, told HuffPost in an interview Friday. "At what point do we say no?"

"I don't want to speculate what's going to happen next year, but I think the American people want us to stand tall and oppose a right-wing Republican agenda, which is designed to protect the wealthy and the powerful," said Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who caucuses with the Democrats. Sanders then called the anti-Dodd-Frank provisions "disgusting" and a "disaster."

More: Failed Omnibus Revolt Leaves Democrats Pondering Future In The Minority

I hope our elected Democrats give Republicans/Teabaggers a taste of their own medicine. Therefore, I am hopeful that Democrats will be more like guard dogs than lap dogs. Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) is setting a good example...so far...

Which dog will be top dog??
th

Republicans are pussies. They won't do anything.

That's very good possibility. They just need to realize that this last week has already put Conservatives on edge about their party's Conservative credentials. Failing to actually follow through on the things they promised the electorate this year would likely be the kiss of death for their 2016 candidates.
Republicans need to wait for the next Congress.

This is no time for a stupid battle.

WASHINGTON -- Thursday's failed rebellion over the omnibus government funding bill offered two radically different models for the Democratic Party over the next two years. Which will it be: a unified, determined opposition or junior partners to a more powerful GOP?

The determined opposition was on display when Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) declared Wednesday that they would do whatever they could -- short of shutting down the government -- to strip a Wall Street giveaway from the so-called cromnibus bill.

It reared up again Thursday when House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) delivered an impassioned plea on the House floor to oppose the bill over provisions that chipped away at the Dodd-Frank financial reform law and campaign finance limits.

Pelosi's stand nearly won, almost killing the cromnibus during a procedural vote. The handful of Democrats who had intended to let it go through changed their votes, and every Democrat backed their leader.

"I'm giving you the leverage to do whatever you have to do," Pelosi later told her caucus in a closed-door meeting. "We have enough votes to show them never to do this again."

But then came the matter of final passage of the bill, and Pelosi said her members should vote their consciences. For 57 House Democrats, their inner voices told them to take what they could get from House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and let the Republicans have their goodies, too.

Some questioned the fate of Democrats in a GOP-controlled Congress if they were willing to cave now, while they still control the Senate.

"If you let them bully you on this, they're for sure going to bully you on immigration and they're for sure going to bully you on the Affordable Care Act," Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), who co-chairs the Congressional Progressive Caucus, told HuffPost in an interview Friday. "At what point do we say no?"

"I don't want to speculate what's going to happen next year, but I think the American people want us to stand tall and oppose a right-wing Republican agenda, which is designed to protect the wealthy and the powerful," said Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who caucuses with the Democrats. Sanders then called the anti-Dodd-Frank provisions "disgusting" and a "disaster."

I hope our elected Democrats give Republicans/Teabaggers a taste of their own medicine. Therefore, I am hopeful that Democrats will be more like guard dogs than lap dogs. Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) is setting a good example...so far...
Guard what...the national debt?
How will you be able to tell? Your magic neeeeegro has done nothing for 6 years and you haven't noticed.

Guard what...the national debt?
How will you be able to tell? Your magic neeeeegro has done nothing for 6 years and you haven't noticed.

Some repubs say that Obama has been trying to destroy this country for 6 years, you say he has done nothing. Which is it? Magic nnnneeeego? No wonder most blacks vote democrat..

"The Government's job isn't to help Americans"? Really? Then why have government?

"......to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States...."

Now I know that many of you will ask what the difference is between that and the citizenry. Every place that the Constitution talks about individuals or the citizenry it says the People. Likewise with the States. Congress, and the Government in general only have legitimate mandate to deal with the Nation as a whole or as an entity itself. That means a massive amount of what's in our budget and our Federal Statutes is illegal and unconstitutional.

Tonto wants his ass wiped by the Lone Ranger.

Forum List

Back