Democrats: Hold On...Here Comes The Left

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015
There Is a Revolution on the Left. Democrats Are Bracing.

But the voters who make up the ascending coalition on the left have had an outsize effect on the national political conversation, driving the Democrats’ internal policy debates and putting pressure on party leaders unseen in previous campaigns.

Mark Brewer, a former longtime chairman of the Michigan Democratic Party, said “progressive energy” was rippling across the state. But Mr. Brewer, who backs Gretchen Whitmer, a former State Senate leader and the Democratic front-runner for governor, said Michigan Democrats were an ideologically diverse bunch and the party could not expect to win simply by running far to the left.

The extremists are going to make it hard for the moderate dems to win anything.

Why am I saying anything....it will only make my life easier.

Here's the thing that most people realize, but most dogmatically political people don't. Nonstop slander has has diminishing returns and you just can't, step it up from there. More bad news, you don't have to be politically savvy to recognize partisan rhetoric when you hear it. When Obama was President, people who railed and ranted over every little thing he did and said, or couldn't refer to the President by name and made up little nicknames for him came off as stupid, or worse, to most of the country. As time wore on and the country wasn't plunged into darkness and despair, those people only looked worse for the volume of their complaints. People didn't listen to them, they weren't part of the national debate.

Now that Donald Trump is President, we're seeing the same thing, but with a good portion of the national media proving a megaphone for it. In many ways, the increased volume of non-stop tantrums only hastens the point where the general public just tunes it out.

Nationally, only about 10% of the is diehard Republican and only 10% steadfast Democrat. The other 80% will make their opinions about a candidate more about what he's done than his party affiliation. This means, if you want to play hardcore party politics you'd better have something more than childish taunts about hairstyles and finger spans if you want the country to take you seriously.

I would love to see actual political debate in this country beyond the size of President Trump's hands or the volume of Hillary's colostomy pouch. But, I'm afraid that's pretty much all we're going to have. If we want better and smarter candidate, we have to have better and smarter discussions.

Here's the thing that most people realize, but most dogmatically political people don't. Nonstop slander has has diminishing returns and you just can't, step it up from there. More bad news, you don't have to be politically savvy to recognize partisan rhetoric when you hear it. When Obama was President, people who railed and ranted over every little thing he did and said, or couldn't refer to the President by name and made up little nicknames for him came off as stupid, or worse, to most of the country. As time wore on and the country wasn't plunged into darkness and despair, those people only looked worse for the volume of their complaints. People didn't listen to them, they weren't part of the national debate.

Now that Donald Trump is President, we're seeing the same thing, but with a good portion of the national media proving a megaphone for it. In many ways, the increased volume of non-stop tantrums only hastens the point where the general public just tunes it out.

Nationally, only about 10% of the is diehard Republican and only 10% steadfast Democrat. The other 80% will make their opinions about a candidate more about what he's done than his party affiliation. This means, if you want to play hardcore party politics you'd better have something more than childish taunts about hairstyles and finger spans if you want the country to take you seriously.

I would love to see actual political debate in this country beyond the size of President Trump's hands or the volume of Hillary's colostomy pouch. But, I'm afraid that's pretty much all we're going to have. If we want better and smarter candidate, we have to have better and smarter discussions.
I strongly disagree with your assumptions of comparability and novelty in the current situation. Tricky-Dick ring a bell?
You do realize that Obama did much greater damage to the D bench than Watergate did to the R bench?

But the voters who make up the ascending coalition on the left have had an outsize effect on the national political conversation, driving the Democrats’ internal policy debates and putting pressure on party leaders unseen in previous campaigns......Mark Brewer, a former longtime chairman of the Michigan Democratic Party, said “progressive energy” was rippling across the state. But Mr. Brewer, who backs Gretchen Whitmer, a former State Senate leader and the Democratic front-runner for governor, said Michigan Democrats were an ideologically diverse bunch and the party could not expect to win simply by running far to the left.....The extremists are going to make it hard for the moderate dems to win anything.
If people don't stop stealing my topic, I'm going to take it as a compliment! :popcorn:

(It WAS seen in a previous campaign actually...with dire consequences.. vv )
The Left's Serious Case of Misplaced Anger....The "Mook Mafia" In Damage-Control Mode

• Banned
But the voters who make up the ascending coalition on the left have had an outsize effect on the national political conversation, driving the Democrats’ internal policy debates and putting pressure on party leaders unseen in previous campaigns......Mark Brewer, a former longtime chairman of the Michigan Democratic Party, said “progressive energy” was rippling across the state. But Mr. Brewer, who backs Gretchen Whitmer, a former State Senate leader and the Democratic front-runner for governor, said Michigan Democrats were an ideologically diverse bunch and the party could not expect to win simply by running far to the left.....The extremists are going to make it hard for the moderate dems to win anything.
If people don't stop stealing my topic, I'm going to take it as a compliment! :popcorn:

(It WAS seen in a previous campaign actually...with dire consequences.. vv )
The Left's Serious Case of Misplaced Anger....The "Mook Mafia" In Damage-Control Mode

I never saw that.

Looked it over and will read more.

The problem is that it requires some thought. The left sure does not want to address it.

They are fucked and they know it.

People are dumping the dems like crazy. No more sky is falling bullshit.

And they can't stop the extremists because they have no fucking message themselves.

Thanks for sharing !!!!

• Banned
The GOP has had this issue for a while.

Now the democrats get to deal with it.

I strongly disagree with your assumptions of comparability and novelty in the current situation. Tricky-Dick ring a bell?
You do realize that Obama did much greater damage to the D bench than Watergate did to the R bench?

And that's why the country was better off with him than McCain or Romney. Well, maybe not Romney.

New Topics

Forum List

Back