Democrats defeat bill banning abortion after 20 weeks

Modern liberals are worse than the 19th century slaveholders and slavery apologists were. Like their ideological forefathers, abortion defenders deny the humanity of the victim and act as though the only issue is whether people should be free to own or kill the most defenseless among us.

Abortion was widely legal in America in the 18th and early 19th century.

Oh, really?! Define "widely legal." England banned abortion in 1803. By the 1820s, state laws began to ban abortion. That trend accelerated in the 1860s. By 1900 abortion was a felony--yes, a felony--in every state.

But, if you want to appeal to precedent, slavery was "widely legal" in America for decades before the founding of the country until the end of the Civil War.

Couldn't wait to get over to this site to see republican phonies crying about the abortion bill like they really gave a damn about anything but money money money. Now, if a mother has a baby and can't afford to take care of it properly and she's lucky enough to get some food stamps, maybe a little help to pay the rent... watch the hate come out of them full blast.
Don't get pregnant then. Damn that was hard to figure out!

And if you get pregnant, you can't abort if you discover your fetus is fatally deformed or suffers from genetic abnormalities, or will require round the clock nursing for all of his/her life, none of which can be learned before 24 weeks of gestation

Sooooooo, when a woman learns that at 24 weeks that her baby is perfectly "ok"? Are you fine with having it's skull crushed and body parts and tissue sold to the highest bidder because the woman decides that it's "inconveeeeeeenient"?

Please lie to me and tell me that you have no spawn........the mere thought of you breeding and raising a potential blithering idiot like you is a big time "bummer".

Women don’t decide to terminate a pregnancy at 24 weeks because it’s “inconvenient”. Abortions performed at this point are medically necessary, either to save the life of the mother or because of severe genetic abnormalities.

I have 3 children, 8 grandchildren, and just became a great grandmother for the first time. I’m not the one here who’s blathering about non-existent “deep state” conspiracies and the other bullshit you go on about.

Dragonbitch......I simply asked if you would be "ok" with an abortion after 24 weeks because it was an inconvenience.........you bailed on answering it. You have three children? Are they as clueless as you are? There is no "deep state" or shadow government? HOLY shit but are you EVER unaware.....but that's typical of a leftard. Give me a wide berth, "granny"......you don't have the intellect to take me on.
I'll answer your question. I don't think a person should be forced to care for an intruder in their own body if they're 24 weeks old or 24 years old. What about you? If you find an intruder's penis in your or your wife's vagina, should the government force you to feed him for 9 months? My first instinct would be to, at the very least, throw him out of my house and I don't give a shit if he dies of starvation because he's poor. I think the law should permit acting on such an instinct in this manner. What do you think?

I’m very pro choice but do have a question for you girls:

If you do find yourself unexpectedly in the family way, why not get it taken care of right up front instead of waiting around?

If you do find yourself unexpectedly in the family way, why not get it taken care of right up front instead of waiting around?
Probably the same reason people don't always get their teeth treated at the dentist at the first sign of trouble.

The women getting late term abortions are women who have “problems” with their pregnancies. Their baby has severe genetic abnormalities, or their own lives are in endangered and they cannot carry the baby to term.

Genetic testing can’t be done until 20 weeks. Results take 3-4 weeks. You’re expected to given them your decision when they give you the results, if there are problems. At that point the woman has been feeling her baby moving for a couple of months.

These are women who wanted the babies they’re carrying. Who went for genetic testing out of concern or on the recommendation of the obstetrician, due to risk factors or other concerns, and who prayed for a good result.

These aren’t women who woke up one day, 6 months into their pregnancies, and decided motherhood wasn’t for them.

Forum List

Back