Democrats best hope for president: Jerry Brown

The programs state government and court will cease to fund, but state government and courts will demand local governments continue to fund.

Brown said the state will direct funding to local agencies to pay for any program shifts.

Read more: Jerry Brown pitches a shift to local governments - Sacramento Politics - California Politics | Sacramento Bee

Then he won't achieve any budget cuts for those services.

You don't know that. It might be cheaper this way, they might use less funds than the state, he might give them less funds to operate on. Answer, you don't know that.

The question is, if he were the president passing the budget items down to the states, could they do it cheaper. And can he balance the CA budget and put himself in line for the presidency? I think he can.

What makes Jerry brilliant is he knows how to balance a budget and is not afraid of who has to go, to make that happen. He also is logical, as the excerpt below shows.

Perhaps this is the reason why the public holds the state government in such low esteem. And that's a profound problem, not just for those of us who are elected, but for our whole system of self-government. Without the trust of the people, politics degenerates into mere spectacle; and democracy declines, leaving demagoguery and cynicism to fill the void.

The year ahead will demand courage and sacrifice. The budget I propose will assume that each of us who are elected to do the people's business will rise above ideology and partisan interest and find what is required for the good of California. There is no other way forward. In this crisis, we simply have to learn to work together as Californians first, members of a political party second.

In seeking the Office of Governor, I said I would be guided by three principles.

First, speak the truth. No more smoke and mirrors on the budget. No empty promises.

Second, no new taxes unless the people vote for them.

Third, return--as much as possible--decisions and authority to cities, counties and schools, closer to the people.

Project Vote Smart - Governor Edmund G. 'Jerry' Brown, Jr. - Governor Brown's Inaugural Remarks at Swearing-In Ceremony

Why don't you give him a Nobel while you are giving him credit for doing things he has not yet done? The budget proposal he put forth has not passed, and more people are coming out against it every day. I am willing to bet you that Jerry will end up crying into his wheatgrass while watching the legislature argue about what to cut, and where to raise taxes.

Another interesting snag, the genius that you think deserves to be president has so misunderstood the law in California that the budget he proposed needs a 2/3 majority to pass because he wants to pass the spending cuts separately from the budget.

Gov. Jerry Brown's budget may hit legal roadblock

If he is really the Democrats best hope it might explain why they got shellacked last year, and why California is a fiscal cesspool.

What makes Jerry brilliant is he knows how to balance a budget and is not afraid of who has to go, to make that happen. He also is logical, as the excerpt below shows.

Perhaps this is the reason why the public holds the state government in such low esteem. And that's a profound problem, not just for those of us who are elected, but for our whole system of self-government. Without the trust of the people, politics degenerates into mere spectacle; and democracy declines, leaving demagoguery and cynicism to fill the void.

The year ahead will demand courage and sacrifice. The budget I propose will assume that each of us who are elected to do the people's business will rise above ideology and partisan interest and find what is required for the good of California. There is no other way forward. In this crisis, we simply have to learn to work together as Californians first, members of a political party second.

In seeking the Office of Governor, I said I would be guided by three principles.

First, speak the truth. No more smoke and mirrors on the budget. No empty promises.

Third, return--as much as possible--decisions and authority to cities, counties and schools, closer to the people.

Project Vote Smart - Governor Edmund G. 'Jerry' Brown, Jr. - Governor Brown's Inaugural Remarks at Swearing-In Ceremony

Why don't you give him a Nobel while you are giving him credit for doing things he has not yet done? The budget proposal he put forth has not passed, and more people are coming out against it every day. I am willing to bet you that Jerry will end up crying into his wheatgrass while watching the legislature argue about what to cut, and where to raise taxes.

Another interesting snag, the genius that you think deserves to be president has so misunderstood the law in California that the budget he proposed needs a 2/3 majority to pass because he wants to pass the spending cuts separately from the budget.

Gov. Jerry Brown's budget may hit legal roadblock

If he is really the Democrats best hope it might explain why they got shellacked last year, and why California is a fiscal cesspool.

The cess pool was the Arnie the destroyer. Thank you republicans! You thought another movie star would make Cal shine!!:lol: And Jerry has a track record, so why are you afraid to discuss it?? Oh! Here is part of that answer for a clueless dupe like yourself............

Following law school, Brown worked as a law clerk at the California Supreme Court, traveled and studied in Mexico and Latin America and then took up residence in Los Angeles, working for the prestigious law firm, Tuttle & Taylor. In 1969, Brown was elected to the Los Angeles Community College Board of Trustees, placing first in a field of 124. In 1970, he was elected California Secretary of State.

Brown was elected Governor in 1974 and reelected in 1978, by a margin of 21%.

During Governor Brown's tenure, California created 1.9 million new jobs, almost double the national rate. During his eight years in office, Brown marshaled both Democrats and Republicans in the legislature to slow the growth of state government, eliminate capital gains taxes for many small businesses, abolish the business inventory tax, index personal income taxes, adopt the nation's first energy efficiency standards, and make California the leader in co-generation, solar and wind energy.

As governor, Brown consistently had budgets approved on time and built a prudent budget surplus to serve as a "rainy day fund". He reduced the number of state employees per 1,000 Californians from 9.6 in 1975 to 9.2 in 1982. The tax burden for California residents declined from $6.90 per $100 of income in 1975 to $6.72 in 1982.

Now that I have shamed any rightwing politican, why don't you carry on and tell us why Jerry Brown is not the perfect president for America. You see you fucked up having republicans vote for Obama in the primary instead of the Clinton Team with a economic track record, and now you would be willing to do it again if Jerry ran, wouldn't you? Yes, you would.............

Last edited:
I never said he was. He was just the best choice left after republicans voted for him in the primaries. Now can we talk about your thighs? I mean about Jerry Brown as the Democrat President? Someone who has more balls that the entire rightwing of dummies?

well shit....at his age they probably hang down to his knees.....

George W. Bush was born in 1946 and Jerry Brown was born in 1938.

We are talking about the ol man Bush born in 1924. The one who actually served in the military.

no you were not.....you said Gearge W. Bush.....the Senior is George H. Bush.....AND he was 65 when he was pres......Brown is 72....you should check things out before you post...

The cess pool was the Arnie the destroyer. Thank you republicans! You thought another movie star would make Cal shine!!:lol: And Jerry has a track record, so why are you afraid to discuss it?? Oh! Here is part of that answer for a clueless dupe like yourself............

The cesspool was the Governator's fault? How does that explain the recall election for Gray Davis for creating the mess that Arnold contributed to? That was only the 2nd time in the entire history of this country that a governor had been recalled, but the entire mess is Arnold's fault.

Got it.

Following law school, Brown worked as a law clerk at the California Supreme Court, traveled and studied in Mexico and Latin America and then took up residence in Los Angeles, working for the prestigious law firm, Tuttle & Taylor. In 1969, Brown was elected to the Los Angeles Community College Board of Trustees, placing first in a field of 124. In 1970, he was elected California Secretary of State.

Brown was elected Governor in 1974 and reelected in 1978, by a margin of 21%.

During Governor Brown's tenure, California created 1.9 million new jobs, almost double the national rate. During his eight years in office, Brown marshaled both Democrats and Republicans in the legislature to slow the growth of state government, eliminate capital gains taxes for many small businesses, abolish the business inventory tax, index personal income taxes, adopt the nation's first energy efficiency standards, and make California the leader in co-generation, solar and wind energy.

As governor, Brown consistently had budgets approved on time and built a prudent budget surplus to serve as a "rainy day fund". He reduced the number of state employees per 1,000 Californians from 9.6 in 1975 to 9.2 in 1982. The tax burden for California residents declined from $6.90 per $100 of income in 1975 to $6.72 in 1982.

Now that I have shamed any rightwing politican, why don't you carry on and tell us why Jerry Brown is not the perfect president for America. You see you fucked up having republicans vote for Obama in the primary instead of the Clinton Team with a economic track record, and now you would be willing to do it again if Jerry ran, wouldn't you? Yes, you would.............

You have an exceedingly fine grasp of ancient history. May I also point out that your favorite Democrat is cutting social programs, pensions, infrastructure programs, and even higher education. He has as much chance of being elected president as a Democrat as Palin does.

Last edited:
People finally understanding that Soros won't give Obama a shot at a second term, he know he has given Palin far too much ammunition to demolish him in any debate

Jerry has no chance at being president and I'm sure that he knows that.

Besides, the democrats won't need him.

Obama is virtually a lock to win again in 2012 .. even though he won't have my vote.

Uh...no.

democrats best hope for president: Jerry brown

bwahahahahahahahaha!

I see you are not up to the task today. Have a few drinks to unwind and you might come up with something coherent above a jungle monkey.:lol:

I see that you remain as utterly stupid as you almost always are.

Aside from some of the racist shit you've spewed, you never seem to have much of anything to say.

But, still, you DID start this clusterfuck of a mindless thread.

And it is worthy of nothing but derisive laughter.

Replacing the failed Obama Administration with a President Moonbeam?

You guys would have to be even more out of your collective fucking mindless heads -- than ever before -- to even consider such stupidity.

Incredible.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I never said he was. He was just the best choice left after republicans voted for him in the primaries. Now can we talk about your thighs? I mean about Jerry Brown as the Democrat President? Someone who has more balls that the entire rightwing of dummies?

well shit....at his age they probably hang down to his knees.....

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have to reel in my cock when I piss,... otherwise if I cough taking a piss, I would suck up the water in the bowl.

Age is a factor. I don't see how it applies to Jerry, who seems pretty sharp and physically fit. Like they say, we live longer.

What? :eek:

So are you saying the obama isnt the "one" for the dems after all?

:lol:

Republicans led by Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" voted for hillary clinton.

bwahahahahahahahaha!

I see you are not up to the task today. Have a few drinks to unwind and you might come up with something coherent above a jungle monkey.:lol:

I see that you remain as utterly stupid as you almost always are.

Aside from some of the racist shit you've spewed, you never seem to have much of anything to say.

But, still, you DID start this clusterfuck of a mindless thread.

And it is worthy of nothing but derisive laughter.

Replacing the failed Obama Administration with a President Moonbeam?

You guys would have to be even more out of your collective fucking mindless heads -- than ever before -- to even consider such stupidity.

Incredible.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It did well to suck in an imbecile like yourself, and you still have no comment above a jungle monkey. Yes, replacing Obama with Jerry in 2012. There is no sign Jerry would even consider being a candidate. I am just suggesting that if he were he would be the Democrats and this nation's best hope. Comprehend?

What? :eek:

So are you saying the obama isnt the "one" for the dems after all?

:lol:

She would have been a good choice for fixing the budget.

Good Lord... how high are you?

She would have been a good choice for fixing the budget.

Obama was the smartes guy ever... or so you nitwits told us. And how's the budget deficit these days?

Gimme a break.

Forum List

Back