Democrats Attempt to Destroy America

".That's what caused our last meltdown."

Wrong again.

What caused the mortgage meltdown was Democrats ignoring the Constitution, article 1, section 8, and deciding that the federal government should meddle in the private housing industry.

1. Democrat FDR shredded the Constitution....ignoring article I, section 8, the enumerated powers.
He created GSE's Fannie and Freddie to do something the Constitution didn't authorize: meddle in housing.

2. Democrat Carter....the CRA, constraining banking policy

3. Democrat Clinton....strengthened the CRA
Under Clinton, HUD threatened banks, again, to give unrequited loans.
Henchmen: Democrats Cisneros and Cuomo.

4. Democrats Frank and Dodd barred any governmental discipline in this area.

That's the CliffNotes version.
I don't believe you can handle the details.

Once more since you stick to your LIES

Right-wingers Want To Erase How George Bush's "Homeowner Society" Helped Cause The Economic Collapse

Q When did the Bush Mortgage Bubble start?

A The general timeframe is it started late 2004.

From Bush’s President’s Working Group on Financial Markets October 2008

“The Presidents Working Group’s March policy statement acknowledged that turmoil in financial markets clearly was triggered by a dramatic weakening of underwriting standards for U.S. subprime mortgages, beginning in late 2004 and extending into 2007.”

Q Did the Community Reinvestment Act under Carter/Clinton caused it?

A "Since 1995 there has been essentially no change in the basic CRA rules or enforcement process that can be reasonably linked to the subprime lending activity. This fact weakens the link between the CRA and the current crisis since the crisis is rooted in poor performance of mortgage loans made between 2004 and 2007. "

..."Another form of easing facilitated the rapid rise of mortgages that didn't require borrowers to fully document their incomes. In 2006, these low- or no-doc loans comprised 81 percent of near-prime, 55 percent of jumbo, 50 percent of subprime and 36 percent of prime securitized mortgages."

Q HOLY JESUS! DID YOU JUST PROVE THAT OVER 50 % OF ALL MORTGAGES IN 2006 DIDN'T REQUIRE BORROWERS TO DOCUMENT THEIR INCOME?!?!?!?

A Yes.

Q WHO THE HELL LOANS HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO PEOPLE WITHOUT CHECKING THEIR INCOMES?!?!?

A Banks.

Q WHY??!?!!!?!

A Two reasons, greed and Bush's regulators let them

FACTS on Dubya s great recession US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Subprime_mortgage_originations,_1996-2008.GIF

drecon_0912.png

"When did the Bush Mortgage Bubble start?"

When Democrat Franklin Roosevelt created Fannie Mae in in 1938.
your question is moot. The USA has not tortured anyone. Waterboarding and sleep deprivation are not torture.

So you have no moral, legal, ethical objection to an enemy waterboarding captured Americans?

You will take the side of the enemy if that issue ever comes up?

Can you promise to do that?

the japanese did it during WW2. American GIs are waterboarded as part of their training. We dropped two nuclear bombs on Japan and killed hundreds of thousands. War is hell. There are no rules in war except kill the enemy before he kills you.

you liberal pussies need to wake up and understand how the real world works.

You didn't answer the questions.

btw, I'm a veteran and no we were not waterboarded as part of our training.

All that means is you were not a part of a special operations unit.

All it means is that training Americans for possibly being waterboarded does not mean waterboarding is not torture.

Wrong

Our military uses waterboarding for special operations units to help them resist real torture.
They are not training them for the enemy to water board them, the enemy uses much worse techniques called real torture.
Quite a few on the left have no ability to use logic and reasoning much less use common sense.
That's why they make crazy statements like the one above.
Training Americans for possibly being water boarded by our enemies. If only that were really true rather than the reality of beheading.
What a fantasy world.

Democrat Feinstein and the rest of the Liberal/Progressive clique are liars.

3. " Lesley Stahl interviews the former head of the CIA's Clandestine Service about waterboarding and other methods he says were essential to getting information from suspected terrorists, and he denies claims that these harsh measures caused detainees to provide false or unreliable information that misled the CIA. In fact, Rodriguez says that high-level detainees Khalid Sheik Mohammed and Abu Zubaydah provided their best information only after harsh treatment, a claim that the CIA's own investigator general has challenged."
Hard Measures Ex-CIA head defends post-9 11 tactics - CBS News

4. " WASHINGTON -- Congressional leaders were briefed in detail about techniques used in the Central Intelligence Agency's interrogation program, according to a new intelligence document.

The document appears to conflict with recent statements from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who was then the top Democrat on the House intelligence committee. Ms. Pelosi has said she hadn't been told that the CIA was using the technique known as waterboarding, or simulated drowning. According to the document, Ms. Pelosi was one of the first lawmakers briefed on the interrogations in 2002." CIA Says It Briefed Congressional Leaders - WSJ

a. "The leaders of the Senate and House Intelligence Committees and of both parties in Congress were briefed on the program more than 40 times between 2002 and 2009. But Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.)tried to denythat she was told in 2002 that detainees had been waterboarded. That is simply not true. I was among those who briefed her." Today s CIA critics once urged the agency to do anything to fight al-Qaeda - The Washington Post

' The Constitution is not a"suicide pact."So wrote Robert Jackson in 1949.'
Constitution Is Not a Suicide Pact Charles J. Reid Jr.

It is if the Liberals/Progressives of the Democrat Party have their way.

Answering only yes or no,

would you object to Americans being tortured by an enemy? Would you withdraw your objection if the enemy could demonstrate that they had obtained actionable intelligence from the tortured Americans?

your question is moot. The USA has not tortured anyone. Waterboarding and sleep deprivation are not torture.

So you have no moral, legal, ethical objection to an enemy waterboarding captured Americans?

the japanese did it during WW2. American GIs are waterboarded as part of their training. We dropped two nuclear bombs on Japan and killed hundreds of thousands. War is hell. There are no rules in war except kill the enemy before he kills you.

THERE ARE RULES IN WAR BUBBA

"Our country executed Japanese soldiers who waterboarded American POWs. "

Yes i National Review i We Did Execute Japanese for Waterboarding Paul Begala

yeah, so what? the Japanese killed thousands at pearl harbor. War is hell.

Now they know that they can cut Americans heads off, put it in a video and don't have to worry about a thing if they are captured. It is good to give them peace of mind, don't you agree?

So by torturing them they'll stop???? lol

Or we just get to race to the bottom and behave as badly as the worst actors? Weird, I thought the US was supposed to be the 'good guys'????

You are right of course. Why don't we just call in a drone strike and kill them? That makes us look like the 'good guys' to the rest of the world. of course we do have to kill all of them to be effective.

You mean the drone strike the right LOVES?

lets see here, you are OK with drone strikes that kill innocent kids, but think its wrong to squirt water up the nose of a know terrorist murderer. Are you totally out of your mind?

Right, it's the left that loves drones *shaking head*

You fukkking morons need to grow a brain

OK, obama is doing drone strikes and you support obama-------------------seems that you are the moron here.

"Actually, the United States doesn't torture" NOW THAT DUBYA IS GONE

Fixed ir for you

Now they know that they can cut Americans heads off, put it in a video and don't have to worry about a thing if they are captured. It is good to give them peace of mind, don't you agree?

Or we just get to race to the bottom and behave as badly as the worst actors? Weird, I thought the US was supposed to be the 'good guys'????

You are right of course. Why don't we just call in a drone strike and kill them? That makes us look like the 'good guys' to the rest of the world. of course we do have to kill all of them to be effective.

That's the one. You know,the one where Obama personally picks who gets killed today.

Don't follow along where the 'left' opposed his using drones huh? I'm not surprised

The U.S. public has consistently supported the use of drone strikes — and that support has been bipartisan. In a February survey, 56% of Americans approved of them while 26% disapproved. That included 68% of Republicans, 58% of Democrats and 50% of independents.

Obama and drone strikes Support but questions at home opposition abroad Pew Research Center

lets see here, you are OK with drone strikes that kill innocent kids, but think its wrong to squirt water up the nose of a know terrorist murderer. Are you totally out of your mind?

OK, obama is doing drone strikes and you support obama-------------------seems that you are the moron here.

I support Obama? Oh you mean I didn't support Dubya part 2 or 3 (Gramps/Mittens)? But chose Dubya lite?

would you object to Americans being tortured by an enemy? Would you withdraw your objection if the enemy could demonstrate that they had obtained actionable intelligence from the tortured Americans?

THERE ARE RULES IN WAR BUBBA

"Our country executed Japanese soldiers who waterboarded American POWs. "

Yes i National Review i We Did Execute Japanese for Waterboarding Paul Begala

yeah, so what? the Japanese killed thousands at pearl harbor. War is hell.

Care to point to the declaration of war? And NO there are rules in war!

Right-wingers Want To Erase How George Bush's "Homeowner Society" Helped Cause The Economic Collapse

“The Presidents Working Group’s March policy statement acknowledged that turmoil in financial markets clearly was triggered by a dramatic weakening of underwriting standards for U.S. subprime mortgages, beginning in late 2004 and extending into 2007.”

A "Since 1995 there has been essentially no change in the basic CRA rules or enforcement process that can be reasonably linked to the subprime lending activity. This fact weakens the link between the CRA and the current crisis since the crisis is rooted in poor performance of mortgage loans made between 2004 and 2007. "

..."Another form of easing facilitated the rapid rise of mortgages that didn't require borrowers to fully document their incomes. In 2006, these low- or no-doc loans comprised 81 percent of near-prime, 55 percent of jumbo, 50 percent of subprime and 36 percent of prime securitized mortgages."

Q HOLY JESUS! DID YOU JUST PROVE THAT OVER 50 % OF ALL MORTGAGES IN 2006 DIDN'T REQUIRE BORROWERS TO DOCUMENT THEIR INCOME?!?!?!?

A Yes.

Q WHO THE HELL LOANS HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO PEOPLE WITHOUT CHECKING THEIR INCOMES?!?!?

A Banks.

Q WHY??!?!!!?!

drecon_0912.png

All it means is that training Americans for possibly being waterboarded does not mean waterboarding is not torture.

Wrong

Our military uses waterboarding for special operations units to help them resist real torture.
They are not training them for the enemy to water board them, the enemy uses much worse techniques called real torture.
Quite a few on the left have no ability to use logic and reasoning much less use common sense.
That's why they make crazy statements like the one above.
Training Americans for possibly being water boarded by our enemies. If only that were really true rather than the reality of beheading.
What a fantasy world.

Fantasy world is saying water boarding ISN'T torture when the US has executed people for doing it in war time!

"Actually, the United States doesn't torture" NOW THAT DUBYA IS GONE

Fixed ir for you

Show where I EVER supported torture or water boarding? False premises, distortions and lies, without them the right wingers have NOTHING

A Yes.

A Banks.

Q WHY??!?!!!?!

drecon_0912.png

so by your definition, the US is torturing its own soldiers????????????????

The soldiers are voluntarily taking classes that include torture. Yes.

Actually, the United States doesn't torture.

It's even easier to smear with finger paints than cartoons, dope.
well then, when do we get to strip you,toss cold water on you and leave you over night on a cold floor where you will most likely die?
OR grab you even though you are innocent and waterboard you..

because you know, fuck your rights.....

"well then, when do we get to blah, blah, blah..."

I'd beat you like a rented mule.
i figured you wouldnt answer a direct question....i accept your surrender again...
now you are free to troll your own thread.

You like answering questions?

Here's one: if you could have prevented 9/11 using the methods in question.....would you have done so?
when you answer mine ill answer yours.

"i figured you wouldnt answer a direct question....i accept your surrender again..."
now you are free to crawl back under the rock.

This is what Obama had to say about a drone strike that he authorized to kill an American citizen.

"I do not believe it would be constitutional for the government to target and kill any U.S. citizen – with a drone, or a shotgun – without due process. Nor should any President deploy armed drones over U.S. soil.

But when a U.S. citizen goes abroad to wage war against America – and is actively plotting to kill U.S. citizens; and when neither the United States, nor our partners are in a position to capture him before he carries out a plot – his citizenship should no more serve as a shield than a sniper shooting down on an innocent crowd should be protected from a swat team."

He clearly states that it would not be constitutional to kill a US citizen and then indicates that he is judge, jury and executioner and then he decides to kill an American citizen.
Even you should be smart enough to see that.
Using his reasoning, he could start targeting American citizens in the continental US if they pissed him off.

Last edited:

3. " Lesley Stahl interviews the former head of the CIA's Clandestine Service about waterboarding and other methods he says were essential to getting information from suspected terrorists, and he denies claims that these harsh measures caused detainees to provide false or unreliable information that misled the CIA. In fact, Rodriguez says that high-level detainees Khalid Sheik Mohammed and Abu Zubaydah provided their best information only after harsh treatment, a claim that the CIA's own investigator general has challenged."

4. " WASHINGTON -- Congressional leaders were briefed in detail about techniques used in the Central Intelligence Agency's interrogation program, according to a new intelligence document.

The document appears to conflict with recent statements from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who was then the top Democrat on the House intelligence committee. Ms. Pelosi has said she hadn't been told that the CIA was using the technique known as waterboarding, or simulated drowning. According to the document, Ms. Pelosi was one of the first lawmakers briefed on the interrogations in 2002." CIA Says It Briefed Congressional Leaders - WSJ

a. "The leaders of the Senate and House Intelligence Committees and of both parties in Congress were briefed on the program more than 40 times between 2002 and 2009. But Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.)tried to denythat she was told in 2002 that detainees had been waterboarded. That is simply not true. I was among those who briefed her." Today s CIA critics once urged the agency to do anything to fight al-Qaeda - The Washington Post

The present alternative to waterboarding is cutting captured Americans head off and posting it in a video. Do you think that cutting their head off is more moral, legal, and ethical than waterboarding?

I think that beating your children is not as bad as murdering them.

Any questions?

The present alternative to waterboarding is cutting captured Americans head off and posting it in a video. Do you think that cutting their head off is more moral, legal, and ethical than waterboarding?

Any questions?

A child is not plotting to kill me and you, the bastards that were waterboarded were. Any questions?

This is what Obama had to say about a drone strike that he authorized to kill an American citizen.

"I do not believe it would be constitutional for the government to target and kill any U.S. citizen – with a drone, or a shotgun – without due process. Nor should any President deploy armed drones over U.S. soil.

But when a U.S. citizen goes abroad to wage war against America – and is actively plotting to kill U.S. citizens; and when neither the United States, nor our partners are in a position to capture him before he carries out a plot – his citizenship should no more serve as a shield than a sniper shooting down on an innocent crowd should be protected from a swat team."

He clearly states that it would not be constitutional to kill a US citizen and then indicates that he is judge, jury and executioner and then he decides to kill an American citizen.
Even you should be smart enough to see that.
Using his reasoning, he could start targeting American citizens in the continental US if they pissed him off.

And which side gave Obama the most grief for drones again? Hint it wasn't the right, lol

And sure, he'll start using them in the US *shaking head*

You low info types are funny at least

Any questions?

A child is not plotting to kill me and you, the bastards that were waterboarded were. Any questions?

You are woefully dense. Justifying one crime by citing a worse crime is idiocy.

Any questions?

You are woefully dense. Justifying one crime by citing a worse crime is idiocy.

OK, cutting their heads off instead waterboarding is your choice. Got it!

Nancy Pelosi also said she never met Jonathan Gruber....... Don't believe anything she says.

well then, when do we get to strip you,toss cold water on you and leave you over night on a cold floor where you will most likely die?
OR grab you even though you are innocent and waterboard you..

because you know, fuck your rights.....

i figured you wouldnt answer a direct question....i accept your surrender again...

Here's one: if you could have prevented 9/11 using the methods in question.....would you have done so?

"i figured you wouldnt answer a direct question....i accept your surrender again..."
rock is smarter than you

rock is smarter than you

My turn?

You are so dumb you can only hitchhike in one direction.

rock is smarter than you

My turn?

You are so dumb you can only hitchhike in one direction.
typically when someone hitchhikes, they are going one way.

Forum List

Back