Democrat State rep confirms that son is subject of Palin e-mail chatter

He is not a kid. He is a 20 year old man.

Hacking the account is a federal felony. Divulging the info is a federal felony. And if he really gets the book thrown at him, he'll have to deal with state charges in AK and possibly TN.

He should get that then.

green eyed envy is a terrible thing..She, is retarded, she is a twit.. what do you two do for a living???:eusa_whistle:

Willowtree, she was GOVERNOR and set up a YAHOO account to conduct state business!

This is not envy, I assure you!

Yes, where I said he should get the book, that's where I blamed the victim. :)

OK- there are two things going on here:

Palin did something either stupid or deceptive. I am not envious, lol.

The kid did something illegal. He should be prosecuted.

Make sense?

Yes, where I said he should get the book, that's where I blamed the victim. :)

OK- there are two things going on here:

Palin did something either stupid or deceptive. I am not envious, lol.

The kid did something illegal. He should be prosecuted.

Make sense?

that sounds a whole lot more reasonable than "she is retarded" and a "twit"
why do you think she did something deceptive??? cause somebody hacked into her email (criminal) so she took the site down??? Please don't tell me that..

Yahoo! doesn't archive and IIRC the accounts that were hacked have been deleted.

There go all of the emails Chrissy was squaking about Palin not turning over :lol:

Really? They archived an account they closed of my husbands and when he got the issue straightened out about a month later they returned the account with all the emails in tact...

who said they don't archive them?

That's per a post written by a barking monbiot on another forum.

He was trying to make the case that this is a plot by Gov. Palin to destroy evidence.

I knew the foil hats would be on this like a duck on a June bug.

Last edited:
Who would have jurisdiction over a case like this ? the Feds or the state of Tenn? I tend to agree that this does shed very good light on the Obama campaign, in that an Obama supporters son is out hacking Palins personel e-mail account. It would be interesting though to see how this one is turned around by the Obama networks. I'm sure, you will hear more on the e-mail contents than you will on the actual crime, much like the speculation, on Monegan getting fired rather than the useless turd that put a Taser to his own child.

that is a stretch... but then this is once again much ado about nothing. what do you talk about when you've got nothing to say?

The mccain campaign is completely imploding... these stories are just noise... no one is going to give a shit about some 20 year old college student hacking into her email account... not as an issue for the campaign...

I knew the foil hats would be on this like a duck on a June bug.

Maybe they should start putting Thorazine in the groundwater in SF.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok ;)

Here it is in it's entirety:

SCREENCAPS OF EMAILS: the incident.zip
MORE SCREENS: palinyahooemail

THE INCIDENT

WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR:

- Very recently an anonymous poster on /b/ claimed to have hacked Sarah Palin's Yahoo e-mail account.

- Sarah Palin used the e-mail address [email protected] for public communication. Several media outlets have confirmed this fact prior to this "incident".

SOURCE: http://thinkprogress.org/2008/09/10/...ail-privilege/
SOURCE: Even Before VP Nomination, Palin's E-mail Use Questioned | CommonDreams.org

- The e-mail address that the poster hacked was [email protected]. This second e-mail address, previously unknown publicly, was used for private communcations.

- Yahoo e-mail addresses, unlike .gov e-mail addresses, are not subject to archiving and oversight. This fact has led to controversy from several sources, including fellow Republicans, asking her to release e-mails from her Yahoo account.

- The anonymous poster apparently panicked, and released the password onto /b/.

- Several other posters on /b/ took screenshots of the Inbox and various e-mails.

- Some of the screenshots reference several people in Alaska state government. One of these people is Sean Parnell, Lieutenant Governor of Alaska. Parnell mentions KFQD Radio's Dan Fagan, to whom he gave an interview about Palin's ACES initiative. Lt. Gov. Parnell's e-mail address is verified via an Alaska Republican Central Committee contact listing.

SOURCE: ACES: Alaska's Clear and Equitable Share - Alaska Governor Sarah Palin
SOURCE: Central Committee

- One of the screenshots references the Yahoo account fek9wnr, Todd Palin, Sarah's husband who is at the heart of the controversy over her use of Yahoo e-mail for public dealings. The fek9wnr account was verified as being Todd Palin via a public posting to an automotive enthusiast BBS from August 2006.

SOURCE: Yahoo! Groups

- Several photographs of her family were allegedly downloaded from the e-mail account.

- A scan of profiles.yahoo.com put [email protected]'s profile update date at 04/05/2008, long before any VP nod was apparent. If this were a fake, the perpetrator would've had to travel into the past and create an account or be very good at guessing who the VP candidate would be 5+ months later, not to mention faking an overwhelming amount of e-mails, photographs, verified private cellphone numbers, and other information.

- A good samaritan in the /b/ thread reset the password account with the intention of handing it over to Palin, a process known on /b/ as "white knighting". This locked everyone else out of the account. The "white knight" posted a screenshot to /b/ of his pending message to one of Palin's contacts about how to recover the account, but made the critical mistake of not blanking out the new password he set.

- Several other people in the /b/ thread then apparently logged in using this new password, and they all attempted to reset the password at once, causing a security trap at Yahoo to automatically put a 24-hour lockout on the account.

THE AFTERMATH:

- Sarah Palin was likely notified of the breach by morning, as she had then deleted both the [email protected] address (the one subject to the disclosure controversy in the media) as well as the [email protected] address (the one that was hacked).

- The outright deletion of the accounts can be verified by attempting to pull up the public profile on both addresses, which both existed during the incident.

SOURCE: Yahoo! Profiles
SOURCE: Yahoo! Profiles

- Both accounts were deleted simultaneously, thus linking the publicly-known e-mail address "gov.sarah" and the private e-mail address "gov.palin".

- This outright deletion may have the potential to be viewed as destruction of evidence, considering that the e-mails in the now-deleted accounts are the subject of several legal controversies.

SOURCE: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...303210_pf.html

- Several ZIP, RAR, and 7Z compilations of the downloaded screenshots, contacts, and photos were made available by anonymous individuals.

- 4chan is actively (some say over-actively) banning and deleting any posts of the screenshots of Palin's account, contacts, or family photos.

- An anonymous poster to 420chan, using information from the e-mail account's contact list, attempted to call Bristol Palin's cellphone number using the AT&T phone relay service. Several others allegedly called the cellphone number itself and got Bristol's voicemail. These posts were quickly deleted by 420chan moderators.

- A poster on /b/ did a lookup on the cellphone number which returned this information:

Type: Cell Phone
Provider: Dobson Cellular Systems

- An anonymous individual has uploaded some of the screenshots to a photobucket account.

SOURCE: http://s405.photobucket.com/albums/pp134/anoncrack/

- A poster in /r9k/ e-mailed the compilations to ABC News producer Eamon McNiff who he/she claims is a personal contact of his/hers.

- Someone submitted a summary to Digg. As of this writing it has only 12 diggs.

SOURCE: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Th..._s_Yahoo_Email

- As of right now the media related to the incident sits mostly confined to 4chan and rapidshare, and thus either deleted, censored or under the radar.

Wikileaks - Wikileaks SUPPOSEDLY has ALL the emails

NOTICE IT IS DOWN.

It's just you.

Google

wikileaks.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin_Yahoo_email_hack_2008 - 11k - 9 hours ago -

NOT AVAILABLE FROM GOOGLE CACHE

that is a stretch... but then this is once again much ado about nothing. what do you talk about when you've got nothing to say?

The mccain campaign is completely imploding... these stories are just noise... no one is going to give a shit about some 20 year old college student hacking into her email account... not as an issue for the campaign...

most certainly not, not if one is a Democrat and thinks it is more important to talk about a 17 year old pregnant girl. sling shit at the walls like a pack of howling monkeys,, oh yes, that is much more relevant.. yessirrreee!

Why spin when you can just not report "non-stories"?

What really matters is the abject moral failure of the Palin household vis-a-vis Bristol's pregnancy...and by that I mean Trig, not the one she carries now. Now THAT'S news!!!

This is outside of my normal character to say this, but you REALLY are a piece of shit for that..

[/B]

most certainly not, not if one is a Democrat and thinks it is more important to talk about a 17 year old pregnant girl. sling shit at the walls like a pack of howling monkeys,, oh yes, that is much more relevant.. yessirrreee!

what Democrate is talking about a 17 year old being pregnant willow? The cons are the ones who continue to bring that issue up. We couldn't give a shit less. there are more important topics to discuss like the collapse of our economy that has taken place over the last 4 days.

I don't see news stories about this topic OR Palin's daughter... you'd LOVE for that to be the topic because when you muddy the waters with bullshit it benefits your candidate...however, when the issues are clear and people aren't be distracted from those issues, our candidate benefits.

This story won't even cause a blip on the radar...

but feel free to waste more of your time talking about it... :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back