Democrat State rep confirms that son is subject of Palin e-mail chatter

that is a stretch... but then this is once again much ado about nothing. what do you talk about when you've got nothing to say?

The mccain campaign is completely imploding... these stories are just noise... no one is going to give a shit about some 20 year old college student hacking into her email account... not as an issue for the campaign...

Maybe thats why the race is so close huh Silence when Obama was supposed to be running away it I suppose? and on this story, I guess your evaluation is sort of off base on that too, based on the number of hits on this thread as well as the amount of attention its gotten already and when did this happen? yesterday morning? Okay we will see, I was not saying the Obama campaign was directly involved , but what I am saying is that it will appear that way no matter how much, you deny it.

Of course it's newsworthy, heinous and wrong-he broke the law! But I would hate to think even people who HATE Obama would be dumb enough to think someone put the 20 year old (not a boy, not a teen, yet not a man.....) up to this.

i don't think he was put up to it. i have a 20 yo son myself, and believe it or not, they frequently do really stupid things.
this kid may have thought, and i use the term loosely, that this was a cool thing to do. i suspect, if he did indeed do it, that he's about to learn otherwise. i feel bad for him, actually. a federal offense is no laughing matter.

remember dahling this is a public board, if not, I didn't get the memo not to reply to your postings... As to whether my opinions mean anything to you is totally irrelevant to the situation..

Kerry on!
No problem. You can answer any question I ask another, but I still won't care about your opinion.

Yes, more to the point why is a government employee using a yahoo account for government business and isn't this very reminiscent of Rovian practices that somehow eliminated tens of thousands of emails some of which had to do with the plame investigation?

Government officials should conduct their business transparently, not set up separate email accounts, in my opinion, and that Palin endorses this practice is another red flag.

She's bad news. Either that or a complete twit. I mean really, would YOU (anyone) have done that? I would certainly have known better!
Yes, especially when part of her claim to fame is transparency in government. Where is the transparency when she's circumventing public record?

Yahoo! doesn't archive and IIRC the accounts that were hacked have been deleted.

There go all of the emails Chrissy was squaking about Palin not turning over :lol:
Your a moron if you think her emails aren't still somewhere on yahoos server.

Oh, wait, you're a moron anyway.

Yes, especially when part of her claim to fame is transparency in government. Where is the transparency when she's circumventing public record?

so you're saying that public employees can't have private email accounts?

do you know that she used this account to circumvent public record of public business? i hadn't heard that.

Last edited:
do you know that she used this account to circumvate public record of public business? i hadn't heard that.

That's presumably why he tried to hack in in the first place, and yes it has been reported that she set up this account similar to Rove's unethical similar tactics.

In doing so they have published some of her private communications to expose what appeared to be her use of a personal account for government business.

<snip>

Andree McLeod, who filed the request, said: &#8220;If this woman is so careless . . . what in the world is she going to do when she has access to information that is vital to our national security interests?&#8221;

Hackers access Palin's Yahoo e-mail account - The Irish Times - Fri, Sep 19, 2008

Other sources:

Screenshots and information were made available on the whistle-blowing website Wikileaks, which defended its decision saying the hack proved Palin was violating rules on keeping public records by sending official emails through her private Yahoo account.

"Governor Palin has come under criticism for using private email accounts to conduct government business and in the process avoid transparency laws," the website said. "The list of correspondence, together with the account name, appears to reinforce the criticism."

Although some of the emails, from an account held at [email protected], appeared to be private, other screenshots showed messages to state government aides, as well as a draft letter to California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/sep/19/uselections2008.sarahpalin

And from FOX news:

Palin has faced scrutiny for using her private account to do government business. The Washington Post reported last week that a local Republican activist is trying to get Palin to release more than 1,100 e-mails she withheld from a public records request. The appeal reportedly questions why Palin and her aides shift between public and private e-mail accounts.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/18/palins-e-mail-hacked/

Plenty more.

Last edited:
so you're saying that public employees can't have private email accounts?

do you know that she used this account to circumvate public record of public business? i hadn't heard that.
I guess you haven't been following the news.

I assume you saw the links I provided 3 posts up that say there are screen shots of letters to schwarzenegger, as one example?

If you are just trying to get an answer from Ravi I will apologize for stepping in. I brought up the misuse of email accounts earlier so felt that I was part of the conversation.

Although some of the emails, from an account held at [email protected], appeared to be private, other screenshots showed messages to state government aides, as well as a draft letter to California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

State Rep. Mike Kernell confirmed Thursday that his son, a University of Tennessee-Knoxville student, is at the center of heated Internet discussion into the hacking of the personal e-mail of vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

Kernell, a Memphis Democrat, confirmed that it is his 20-year-old son, David, who is being widely named on Internet blogs and chatrooms in connection with an unfolding story about Palin's hacked e-mail accounts.
Advertisement

The FBI and the Secret Service started a formal investigation on Wednesday into the hacking.

David Kernell is a student at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville. Mike Kernell said he spoke to his son on Thursday, as he does on a regular basis.

Kernell otherwise declined to comment, or discuss his son’s whereabouts.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080918/NEWS02/80918081

Let's see--could he be in Wasilla Alaska with about 30 others like him, trying to dig up any dirt for the Obama campaign?

This is going to be a major problem for his dad since he is in the state legislature.

Does anyone think the dots will connect back to the Obama Campaign?

Any guess's

I assume you saw the links I provided 3 posts up that say there are screen shots of letters to schwarzenegger, as one example?

If you are just trying to get an answer from Ravi I will apologize for stepping in. I brought up the misuse of email accounts earlier so felt that I was part of the conversation.

there's no need to apologize; i haven't checked out your links. thanks, i will.

When can we get Barack Obama's private e-mails? Government or otherwise.

If this would have happened to the "Messiah" the Obamabots along with the Obama media networks, ABC, NBC, CBS & the MSN's along with the ladies on the "View" would be having a conniption fit about it. The democrat lead congress would be demanding a special investigator & hearings over it. The conspiracy theories would be flying, & of course it would all be President Bush's fault & since John McCain is "supposedly" just like him, it would be an invasion of privacy. Then there would be cries to repeal the Patriot Act, ha.ha.

Sarah Palin has her privacy broken into, & somehow it's "her fault". Implying that she should have using a more secure e-mail. Hello--it was a private-personal e-mail account with family e-mails & family pictures--that this hacker got into. UNBELIEVABLE!

If a secure government e-mail address is broken into, it is considered a National Security Threat! The person is locked up & the key is thrown away! Maybe that's why Presidents really don't use e-mails for their business. Yet John McCain was critized by Obama for not knowing how to send out an email. Does it ever end, ha.ha?

The democrat party of today is absolutely ridiculous!

Last edited:
I missed where anyone said that someone breaking into her private account was her fault.

Can you point me to that? TIA.

When can we get Barack Obama's private e-mails? Government or otherwise.

If this would have happened to the "Messiah" the Obamabots along with the Obama media networks, ABC, NBC, CBS & the MSN's along with the ladies on the "View" would be having a conniption fit about it. The democrat lead congress would be demanding a special investigator & hearings over it. The conspiracy theories would be flying, & of course it would all be President Bush's fault & since John McCain is "supposedly" just like him, it would be an invasion of privacy. Then there would be cries to repeal the Patriot Act, ha.ha.

Sarah Palin has her privacy broken into, & somehow it's "her fault". Implying that she should have using a more secure e-mail. Hello--it was a private-personal e-mail account with family e-mails & family pictures--that this hacker got into. UNBELIEVABLE!

If a secure government e-mail address is broken into, it is considered a National Security Threat! The person is locked up & the key is thrown away! Maybe that's why Presidents really don't use e-mails for their business. Yet John McCain was critized by Obama for not knowing how to send out an email. Does it ever end, ha.ha?

The democrat party of today is absolutely ridiculous!

Yet John McCain was critized by Obama for not knowing how to send out an email. Does it ever end, ha.ha?

not in your lifetime, but don't pick on the poor little innocents.

Did you notice the "gov" on that e-mail? This is definitely a felony. In my county all officials of the county government & state government have that gov. in it. That's mean I know I am sending an email to a government agency.

Now, some like my cousin who works for the county get some personal e-mails on that address also. It's still AGAINST THE LAW for anyone to hack into government or personal-private information. To disclose it, knowing that it was hacked is also a crime.

Forum List

Back