Dell Inspiron Mini 9 or Acer Aspire One 8.9-inch Mini?

This won't be my primary machine. Laptops, even the small 5 lb ones by Dell are too weighty for me.

I went over to look at one at Radio Shack and I was impressed. They had the model that had 120GB, but the other specs were the same.

The keyboard is slightly smaller than what you would find on a desktop, but certainly manageable for me since my hands are petite.

One of the benefits of the Acer is that all the keys are in the "right" place. On the Dell, some of the punctuation keys are located differently.

The rep at the store had it closed, but it took no time for it to open up.

For a netbook, the Acer felt sturdy.

I'll probably order one from Amazon.com -- comes with free shipping. Might get a wireless mouse with it.

Go for it then. One of these days I want a tablet pc that works as well as my Palm from 2000. Glad for you, envious too, enjoy :D

Go for it then. One of these days I want a tablet pc that works as well as my Palm from 2000. Glad for you, envious too, enjoy :D

I just ordered one in sapphire. Can't wait to get it and try it. Beat's getting another pair of shoes. I have a terrible shoe fetish...

I am in love with my Acer Aspire One!

Big things do come in small packages. Since day one, this netbook as been pure joy. I've been using it for 3 weeks now. I can't live without it.

I use it to check my emails, read my online papers, take down some notes, and of course post on my messageboards.

I can do this in the comfort of my bed or in my kitchen. It's like my compact, it goes with me everywhere. Last week I was at a wireles cafe, and I had no problems surfing the web.

I did call Acer one time to resolve a small problem I was having with the synaptic device and their customer service was excellent. That was a big issue for me -- the customer service when I was deciding which brand to go for.

This 6 cell battery really rocks. On a full charge, it can be used for up to 6 hours! This is the first computer in our house that is not a Dell and I'm glad I made this choice. Thanks for everyone's input on this.

Oh, the other thing that's neat is that I can watch Netflix instant movies on this without any problems. The only complaint is that I can't always watch the youtube videos. It stops and starts. But really there are so few complaints I have about this unit...

Forum List

Back